Sign in to follow this  
Illogical

intel core series

Your custom pc is AMD, therefor I am to assume that you already have the motherboard for it.

Motherboards have very specific chip sockets. You can't just plug any AMD processor in it and expect it to not catch fire.

We need more information.

Also, not to be a dick or anything but if you're asking these sorts of questions then I feel obligated to tell you that you're above your head and you should leave it to someone who knows what they're doing.

no im asking since i am familiar with intel more than AMD if AMD makes something like the intel core series. if only i could find my motherboard stats right now. and im not over my head im just not used to AMD

none?

or do you mean, the same performance?

How does no one get this shit?

Intel has 3 tiers, the i3, i5 and i7 series. AMD does not have a tiered system like this, they have the Athalons (budget processors that give you enough bang for your buck to work well in a low-mid range rig), the Phenoms (higher performance processors that have been the staple of AMD gaming rigs for a few years now, good for mid-higher range rigs) and the Opteron series (processors that are made for servers, not really intended for gaming but would do quite well, I'd imagine). Slap on a II to the series name for some extra beefiness.

How does no one get this shit?

Intel has 3 tiers, the i3, i5 and i7 series. AMD does not have a tiered system like this, they have the Athalons (budget processors that give you enough bang for your buck to work well in a low-mid range rig), the Phenoms (higher performance processors that have been the staple of AMD gaming rigs for a few years now, good for mid-higher range rigs) and the Opteron series (processors that are made for servers, not really intended for gaming but would do quite well, I'd imagine). Slap on a II to the series name for some extra beefiness.

QFT.

I have nothing else to say.