Sign in to follow this  
Dead Donkey

Freekill punishments.

Right, so heres the issue, I figured it would make good discussion more than anything: More and more, freekills are leading to restrictions rather than slays these days. Either a freekill goes unnoticed by admins, especially early in a large match when theres alot of kills going on, or an ADMIN gets freekilled, then rages and rather than slaying, just restricts the guy. The same happens late in a round when its below 10+ T's.

Now all im saying is, do you people think we should just bring back slaying, then sometimes solitary for the T depending on the situation, like we used to have, or just keep 20 round restricting? Or should we maybe do, say, 5-10 round restrictions?

Edit: Im talking about first offense here, not a mass freekiller or repeated offender.

This depends on the freekill... and the reason of it, if they have no clue why it was a freekill, probably restriction, accidental ones are always just a slay.

It shouldnt really depend on the situation, a freekill is a freekill, over-defining it will just lead to either people trying to exploit loopholes, or confusion over rules. We are talking about a first-offense freekill, from a CT who maybe didnt see right, or didnt hear the orders right. though thinking about it, I do see what you mean - if someone misses a stacked rebeller and hits another, you could say that isnt as bad, but tell that to the T. I mean, these situational punishments are the problem, if anything. You tell admins they can restrict freekillers in certain situations, and they will just make a restriction bind and automaticall use that. When a T is freekilled, he wants justice. We should have fair justice. I mean, in a real justice system, if you kill an innocent, its the same punishment (depending where you are) usually, life in prison. right? So why not have the one punishment for all regular freekills.

What puff said. It all depends on the situation.

I don't see why it shouldn't. If someone doesn't know how to play so they freekilled then they should be restricted, but if they freekill accidentally they should be slayed.

It shouldnt really depend on the situation, a freekill is a freekill, over-defining it will just lead to either people trying to exploit loopholes, or confusion over rules. We are talking about a first-offense freekill, from a CT who maybe didnt see right, or didnt hear the orders right. though thinking about it, I do see what you mean - if someone misses a stacked rebeller and hits another, you could say that isnt as bad, but tell that to the T. When a T is freekilled, he wants justice. We should have fair justice. I mean, in a real justice system, if you kill an innocent, its the same punishment (depending where you are) usually, life in prison. right? So why not have the one punishment for all regular freekills.

The 20 round restrictions are probably when the freekiller's reason for killing the T was "he had a gun".

When a T is freekilled, he wants justice. We should have fair justice. I mean, in a real justice system, if you kill an innocent, its the same punishment (depending where you are) usually, life in prison. right? So why not have the one punishment for all regular freekills.

bale1.jpg

Permaban, no questions asked!

Seriously though, what everyone else said.

It just depends on the situation.

You shot them at 3 seconds after the order was given, slay the first time.

It happens again, restrict.

You shoot them for having a gun, restrict.

Etc.

The 20 round restrictions are probably when the freekiller's reason for killing the T was "he had a gun".

This. It depends on the situation if he has no idea why he killed someone or its something that is stated in the motd its a restriction.

• 1st offense = Slay (depending on the situation, accidental a slay yes. On purpose freekill or not knowing the rules then it's a restrict)
  • 2nd+ offense = restriction of 20 rounds.
  • Mass freekill on purpose = ban.

it should be dependent on the situation.

Freekill and then quickly logs off, i'd say ban.

Freekill - first attempt at murder - 15 round restrict.

Freekill - Second attempt at murder - 20 round restrict

Freekill -Third and final attempt at murder - 20 round or based upon whatever the current admin's judge.

If it's something that would be happening every round, just restrict the dood. If it's something that happens once every here and then by accident but he notices and slays himself, just slay the guy. This shouldn't really be even brought up! just do what you think is best.

it should be dependent on the situation. if it's something that would be happening every round, just restrict the dood. If it's something that happens once every here and then by accident but he notices and slays himself, just slay the guy. This shouldn't really be even brought up! just do what you think is best.

This. All admins have a different way of handling it .

No way I'm giving out Soli to a T... too much hassle. If I can, I'll try to respawn them in a stack or on top of my at the cells, but other than that they have to wait.

It's a slay for accidental freekill. It's a restrict if the freekill was based off a common rule in the server.

Depending on how full the server is i'd respawn a T thats been freekilled.

If theres 15 CT's on the team then theres bound to be another retard going "OH SHIT THAT T JUST CAME OUT OF HIS CELL! LET ME KILL HIM!" !slay dumbass.

Depending on how full the server is i'd respawn a T thats been freekilled.

If theres 15 CT's on the team then theres bound to be another retard going "OH SHIT THAT T JUST CAME OUT OF HIS CELL! LET ME KILL HIM!" !slay dumbass.

I'd say don't slay the CTs on that unless you gave them noticeable warning that he was coming out.

I'd say don't slay the CTs on that unless you gave them noticeable warning that he was coming out.

I do, but some CT's still kill the T when this happens -.-"

and them im all like

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

To me, I think the easiest is just the slay, and if it gets repeated it's at the admins discretion to restrict them. The problem with the other repercussions are that accidents do happen unfortunately. And then you get into the judgement game of what is worth a restrict or other stricter punishments and what isn't. And you'll get people arguing for me, I don't think it will end well.

*Sigh* Alot of people seem to not be getting me here, I guess im not being very clear. This is whats SUPPOSED to happen. However, I always just see restrictions for EVERYTHING. Ive seen 2 slays over the past month, and maybe 30 restrictions for freekilling. ESPECIALLY, and I mean ESPECIALLY, when an admin is freekilled, I swear they must have a bind to restrict their killer, the speed at which its done is astounding. No matter what, when they are freekilled BAM restrict.

One freekill should result in the ct being slayed, why some people give soli to those who got freekilled is beyond me, we all like being locked in a room doing nothing after being freekilled right? Seems more like a punishment to me.

Edit: Does the $20 package include respawn?

Edit2: Lol i actually got neg repped for this with the message "I heard you need "rep" to de-rep someone. 30 ppl.....how cute" god knows what i means and how it's relevant to this post but meh.

"

If it's an accidental freekill, I normally just slay and give them a warning.

But I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen a terrorist killed, asked the ct why they killed them, waited 30 seconds for a response, and their answer is "uhhh... I dunno." That's a restriction from me.

Ima agree with everyone who says accidental freekill = slay, repeat, purposeful, or just plain tard freekills = restrict, and mass freekills = ban

When you're not looking directly at it, your avatar looks so very much like a hot pink vibrator with a clit tickler.

Just thought I'd point this out to you.

First - Slay the freekiller and warn the rest of the counter-terrorists.

Then - 2 round restriction for anyone that freekills after warning.

Then - 5 round restriction.

Then - 20 round restriction.