Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

All Points Bulletin

So today I decided to buy this game. It looks a lot like Grand Theft Auto, but made for multi-player only.

Website is here.

So far I'm not having any luck. I pre-ordered it as well. The process was simple and quick to buy it, standard for any digital purchase nowadays.

Creating my account was simple as well, gave them all my information including what color underwear I prefer.

Now here's the tricky part:

I bought "Points" which are used to buy things like time for your account. The same process was used to pay for them as was the game itself. My credit card has been billed, and I received a confirmation email stating that the transaction went through as well.

My account has yet to be updated with the point balance, as it sits at '0'.

I logged out, and tried to log back in, and now I can't do that. Instead, I get this:

We've encountered an internal communication problem. Please try again in a few minutes. If this problem continues, please contact APB customer services: support@apb.com.

So I thought to myself, "Ok, maybe they have a shit-ton of people trying to do the same thing at the same time, no big deal it happens".

So I decided while I wait, I'll download and install the game.

Nope. Can't do that either. I've had the updater running for a good 25 minutes now and nothing is happening. I've closed it, opened it, prayed to God, but nothing is happening.

What the fuck?

I've since sent an email to the support, and they should get back to me within 48 hours. 48 HOURS? What the fuck?

This post was originally going to be an on-going review of the game. It's features, game-play, and other stuff but it doesn't look like I can even do that. Once I manage to get into this, I will edit this thread and add to it.

For now though, if you've thought about trying this game out, wait until the 29th when it's released. If you want to pre-order it to get the 'bonuses' go for it, but don't expect to be able to play it right away, because shit is fucked up.

(One bonus is early access to the game before the release).

That's all for now. Like I said, I'll be updating this thread later on, once I have a chance to get into the game.

All negatives above aside, this game looks pretty fucking sweet.

________

First Edit:

It appears that they are not allowing players to pre-download the game at all. That would explain the issue of the downloader not doing anything. I had to dig through two pages of forum posts to find this information.

Also, the game is being released on the 26th, not the 29th. That is when they will send the game keys, and activate the download system. I'm already cringing thinking about all the players downloading the game at the exact same time and how slow it's going to be. This better be worth it.

Apparently it looks like the "Keys to the city" event is over and I have to wait till Saturday to play it. Which is dumb because in the description when you pre-order it, it says you "Get access days before it's release". Well, it's 'days before it's release'. But I'm patient and I'll wait it out.

Also, instead of posting my full review here, you can check out my blog, I'll be continuing the review there in parts once I get my hands on the game.

Guest Waffle

Fgt, want to share your account with me Marvin? :o

Sort of like a free trial for meh?

it looks to me like it will die within a few months and become F2P

Which is what happened to Global Agenda. Anyways, here's some pics of my character. I've created a 'Syndicate Gamers' clan in the game, and I'm advertising it on my clothing and my graffiti sprays. Also, when I get around to it, I'll post pics of my free candy van. I couldn't resist making one. Wookie, that ones for you!

This is only three of my 'outfits', I have several.

ScreenShot00000.jpg

ScreenShot00001.jpg

ScreenShot00002.jpg

ScreenShot00003.jpg

ScreenShot00004.jpg

ScreenShot00005.jpg

Oh, god. Those characters are beast. That is exactly what I want to play in a game. A black person robbing people. Or.. ya know, I can play something worthwhile.

Was in the beta, game would crash at the load screen, gave up on it.

yea the game has pretty high standards and also if you dont have windows x64 it will be almost imp for you to play well due to crashes

Edit: add my criminal name:fpstrucka and server: laroche :D