Sign in to follow this  
Dyscivist

Split the server

I think there's been threads made about this before, but I'm going to make another anyways. Jailbreak is so terrible during the day that I as well as many other regulars I know can't even bare to play it. This is because there's way too many people for the admins to moderate effectively and so it degenerates into a clusterfuck of mic spam and freekilling with no one able to discern when someone's doing something wrong. It also makes the rounds drag on for a ridiculous amount of time, making getting freekilled that much more frustrating.

I propose that the JB server be split into two separate servers, each with a player cap of 25. This would keep the server much more manageable for admins as well as much more fun for most players.

Not a bad idea.

42 slot PUBLIC to cut down on the overload lag?

32 slot sG/Supporter?

Another idea for the private server... we could get teams set up to scrim in JB? It could make some very interesting and entertaining games. If anyone is down I can make a proposal tonight that lays out the guidelines/rules?

42 slot PUBLIC to cut down on the overload lag?

32 slot sG/Supporter?

Another idea for the private server... we could get teams set up to scrim in JB? It could make some very interesting and entertaining games. If anyone is down I can make a proposal tonight that lays out the guidelines/rules?

Not a very good idea, anyways one JB is enough. Why would you scrim on jb maps?

Not a very good idea' date=' anyways one JB is enough. Why would you scrim on jb maps?[/quote']

Make it a completition which teams can successfully rebel. Create new tactics for CT's to work together? Some coordinated organization instead of randomness. Just a thought thats all.

Why not more than one JB server? Its popularity is up there, it would make sense. Decision shouldn't be made off of personal opinion about the game itself, IMO.

Bad idea, players who like or haven't tried JB that play a different sG server will see there is a server with room, and will abandon the other servers.

It may not happen, but 1 server is enough.

Honestly, I'm all for having two duplicate servers w/ a max of 32 people. This way the ratio is down for all, and in the end we can have 64 players playing simultaneously. Truth of the matter is; I doubt one server would be always full and another always empty. If we usually get 50 players during peak time, then we'll have plenty for both servers. Not to mention we have more than enough admins to deal with both.

Plus, I believe there's a plugin that redirects players from a full server to a less full server. Could work.

There is indeed, and it's for Sourcemod.

It will direct a player from the server they are joining if it is full to a secondary IP address listed in it's cfg file. So yes it could work, but they won't do it. They stated that many time's before.

Adding another jb will (in theory of the staff) double the complaints.

This.

However, with less to look at, it could also lower issues within the game itself, but the chances of us doing this are basically none.

i suggest two 40 people servers. or at least a 40 person one and a 32 person one. but he is right there will be an increase in complaints.

The problem with the two servers is yes, there will be double the complaints. And the only way to solve this problem is to either give out more VA admins (which everyone complains about) or to make admin cheaper so more people could buy it. Another problem that will eventually occur is ranking, if they are put in either server. People will just become kill whore's on one of the servers and try to get the highest rank blah blah, which is stupid. I think we should just set the server back to 46 Slots because the server has stayed full for longer periods of time with less lag. And with some of the maps in JB, 50 players makes the servers lag really bad because there are just too many people for some maps.

Edit: also get rid of those poison grenades, they are not helping the server at all and are causing more people to get freekilled

I dunno why, but I have a feeling its going to be a pain in the ass to populate both. If one is already populated than why split. I understand that there are too many people, but I think it would make it hard to populate the other server if we did have a split.

Honestly, I'm all for having two duplicate servers w/ a max of 32 people.

That's the number I was thinking.

I seriously don't get why they don't do it. It wouldn't double the complaints at all, and clearly JB is making the most money and is the most popular. If there's ever a time where you press tab and can't see everyone on the server, there's too many fucking people. I mean, after a weekend they were considering making another TF2 server, a game that requires way more resources than CSS, but after months of something that's proven to be popular, they don't consider making a second one of it?

How about a 25 slot sG only one?

I was thinking of something like this as well. Not entirely private, but keep the password on the JB section of the forums and change it monthly so that only people who've been here (and their friends, I guess) would come to the serv. No first timers.

Guarantee complaints won't increase, they will decrease. Right now the complaints are of admin abuse, and freekilling.

It will be harder to be able to abuse admin (with out notice), and easier to watch for freekilling with smaller # of players.