Sign in to follow this  
Zagrao

Curbing on Negative reputation

Could we really remove the negative reputation points that are really random because this is annoying as I am being negative rep for no real reasons.

I have a screenshot of the idiocy of some of these negative rep. Also, I believe that a negative rep can not be justified by a ` comment being the reason.

Could we have something to curb random negative reps as I am starting to become irritated from simply people giving me negative rep either because of my name or just out of spite.

Also, if this is more of a complaint, then please someone move it to the complaint department.

Guest rw.Sentenced

Neg rep is for butthurt jb kiddies to QQ while being anonymous about it.

Maby they're all legit reasons? people are just lazy and put "." as their reason so they wouldnt have to make a concise argument on why you're a dumbfuck

QFT.

Anyways, in reality rep doesn't mean anything, it's just a little fun thing that people shouldn't take seriously. If you can't handle someone being a pussy and giving you negative red, then ignore it. It's not that hard.

Not really, it's just really annoying. In that case Mitch, I should go and find every single post you have and give a negative rep and in your eyes, it shouldn't bother you one bit.

I guess that sucks, don't take it to mind. Rep doesn't really matter unless you make a big deal out of it.

What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.

Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?

You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

lol renigade, I believe you have the wrong idea. I don't mind the reputation being displayed, just annoyed with negative reputation points on posts that are indeed quality. It just offends them because it is a valid view.

What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.

Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?

You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

so it essentially does nothing?

I get annoyed, but I've learned how to ignore it. Doesn't really matter to me anymore. Its just some assholes who think they can suck on ur dick while giving bad feedback randomly.

I like the reputation confirmation. Too bad it has a typo.

"Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation in turn."

at the end, it should be in return. :P

Guest Waffle

Wait... Reputation actually means something over the internet?

Guest Fohacidal
Wait... Reputation actually means something over the internet?

maybe

I like the reputation confirmation. Too bad it has a typo.

"Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation in turn."

at the end, it should be in return. :P

Actually, saying in turn is perfectly fine. Now I will proceed to negative rep you and provide a clear explanation of why.

I like that I have -115 points.

SPAM ME WITH MOAR - POINTS! GOGOGO!

IF YOU FAGGOTS DONT GIVE ME OVER 9000 NEGATIVE REP, well...

I'LL DO SOMETHING!

Guest grandmasterjax
QFT.

Anyways, in reality rep doesn't mean anything, it's just a little fun thing that people shouldn't take seriously. If you can't handle someone being a pussy and giving you negative red, then ignore it. It's not that hard.

I understand that fact mitch, but i think we should take it out due to the fact that people can randomly give a negative vote on a post without reason. I personally know Glaceon gave me my -1 rep in a post where i only asked a simple question that isnt a good nor bad question. as a matter of fact it was on my "Where should i upload screenshots" question