Sign in to follow this  
pro.knifer

Want to buy a gaming laptop. Suggestions?

It is time to venture away from desktop gaming hardware for myself. I really only play CS:S and TF2 and my monitor is about the size of a lap top monitor so what are my options. My video card is a GeForce 9800 GTX with an older motherboard and 3 GB of DDR ram.

So are there any decent gaming laptops out there that would be comparable to this ancient set up I'm using? Does ayone else use a latop to play CS:S and if so what you do you have? Any positive feedback would be appreciated ;)

umm alienware? xD you could always get the m15 or you could get a aurora(cheaper and has 2gb memory on its graphics card.

Because it's so much fun paying a $1000 premium on older hardware!

I love Alienware!

I would like to spend around 1000-1500. Velo I don't want a desktop (I want to have minimal cords and minimal space taken up by my computer). MY GOAL: be able to play CS at the same conditions I play with now (9800 GTX, 3 GB ram, AMD 3200 processor). Thank you for all suggestions so far guys.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_customed&model_name=NP8690

$1359 w/o tax

This is perfect for the 1000-1500 price range, it even includes an HD 5870M

spend a bit more and upgrade w/ blu ray and full 1080P screen if youd like.

That is stinkin expensive.

I have a i7 q720, 4 GB ram, and Radeon 4850 (or something like that can't remember :/ ) for about 1200 after tax and shipping. Screen is full 1080p, 9 cell battery, backlit keyboard, i.e. the works.

EDIT: It doesn't have a 5870M, but my dell gets 3 hrs of battery life and it still plays CS at 1080p.

No not really.

Dell is usually pretty average with customer support and not high quality builds.

Things like shitty keyboard will make a laptop cheaper, which is what dell does. honestly dell products feel like flimsy plastic toys.

if your not worried about quality then fuck it may aswell get a fuckin HP.

When i look for a laptop i go for the apple build quality with best features for the price.

No not really.

Dell is usually pretty average with customer support and not high quality builds.

Things like shitty keyboard will make a laptop cheaper, which is what dell does. honestly dell products feel like flimsy plastic toys.

if your not worried about quality then fuck it may aswell get a fuckin HP.

When i look for a laptop i go for the apple build quality with best features for the price.

Your kidding me right? apple is a ripoff. I built a dell inspiron same size same keyboard quality and it cost 400 less....Plus it has a better battery life and better videocard and the rest is the exact same as a apple. Apple is just stereotyped that its good like how all black guys have 12 inch dicks -.-. Its bullshit.

wow, idiot, did you read my post?

Apple has amazing build quality compared to most PC brand laptops. I hate macs though dont get me wrong. i do know they are a ripoff ect ect, but you cannot deny the build quality.

btw the prices i posted may have been in CAD, im not sure

Seems like there exactly the same quality as dell to be honest. Im comparing my inspiron to the macbook in quality right now(dad has one) and i honestly dont see a diffrence.

y

Seems like there exactly the same quality as dell to be honest. Im comparing my inspiron to the macbook in quality right now(dad has one) and i honestly dont see a diffrence.

y

Dell is fucking shit.

^lol

Dell has NO quality control.

"

Sager and ASUS laptops are among the best constructed machines on the market. In terms of speed, features and reliability you can seldom do better. Prices are higher but you get what you pay for. ASUS comes with a standard 2 year warranty covering parts and labor and a 1 year accidental damage warranty. The warranty alone is worth a portion of the higher price in terms of piece of mind.

I have also owned HP, Compaq, Gateway, Acer, Alienware and Sony laptops and if I had to choose a laptop at this very moment I would choose ASUS in a heart beat. "

Over other brands I would personally go for are Sager, MSI, or asus.

I would avoid, Dell, HP,and acer.

But its your choice, So :)

BAZ has an Asus, it's pretty nice IMO. I absolutely hate the touch pad, but aside from that, it works really well. It's put together very well, and it doesn't come with too much bloatware.

I hope I'm not too late!!! (This is what happens when you leave the forums for two weeks...or was it three?)

cyberpowerpc.com/

That is all. Easy configurations, good prices. Donions.

my suggestion would be not buy a gaming laptop and instead just by a PC. they are usually hard to upgrade and are really expensive. at the price you pay for mobility and a decent gaming experience is better spent on a gaming PC.