Sign in to follow this  
fontaine

Recent Server Update

Quick Brief

As you may all be aware, all game servers were shut down last night. During this time, Jason reinstalled the operating system on the box and reinstalled each game server. We did this reinstall in order to get rid of many unneeded files now that we have a new box.

The webserver and mysql server have been moved over to the new box. This relieves a lot of stress on the game servers, so lag should be reduced.

Sourcemod Update

During this time, I updated all of the servers to the newest version of Sourcemod. Performance increases, stability, and other tweaks are included in this update. If anything is not working correctly or is missing, please post in this thread or send a PM to me.

HlstatsX

Right now, I am in the process of cleaning/optimizing the HlstatsX database (hasn't been done in months). This will remove users/clans that have been inactive for over a month and hopefully clean up a lot of the database. I have also set up the hlstatsx daily awards system (check http://hlstatsx.syndicate-servers.net). When viewing a specific servers hlstatsx page, it will show a list of awards for the day at the bottom of the page. Medals should also be given to players properly now.

Admin Packages/Chat Changes

Recently, admin packages have been updated. The premium admin package is the base purchasable package. The new plus upgrade is a payment in addition to the premium admin package. This new upgrade includes access to several new commands, reserved slots, as well as higher immunity. New commands include: sm_respawn (jb and mg only), sm_csay, sm_hsay, sm_msay, sm_gravity, sm_nominate_addmap, sm_setnextmap, and MORE.

Admin chat in game has changed slightly. If you have premium admin/L4/L5 admin, you won't notice a difference. Those who have the upgrade package will notice a + sign next to their name in admin chat. (e.g. (ADMIN+) fail klark: message). This helps distinguish those with higher access.

Staff can be recognized by the STAFF prefix instead of ADMIN in admin chat (e.g. [sTAFF] fail klark: message).

Supporters

Good news for those who want to support the community but don't have enough to pay for full admin each month. We are introducing a "supporter" package. For those who pay 3$ a month to support the community (not including admin purchases), they will be recognized with a green heart next to their name in game chat. (e.g. (<3) fail klark: hello). If you are a supporter, simply prefix your chat messages with @ (e.g. @ hello) in order to display it (its basically the admin chat command). Along with this token of gratification, supporters will also receive reserved slot access. To join when the server is full, simply open up console and type 'connect <IP>' where <IP> is the server IP (refer to the server info pannel in CS:S for the IP). Supporters may soon be also recognized on the forums with a different color/image on their username (have to decide).

This supporter package is a month-by-month deal just like the other admin packages.

Future Changes

Coming soon, we will re-setup our TF2 server and hope to make it a popular destination among TF2 playing clan members and others. If you have any suggestions on gametype/maps, please visit the server's forum.

We are also looking toward re-adding our GMOD server sometime in the future. We will be able to host it ourselves, instead of renting from shitty companies.

Also, expect our beta surf/dust2 servers to be up soon. I need to do a few things before setting them up again.

Thanks/Final Comments

Be sure to thank staff for all their hard work. Thank those who spend hours in the complaint department resolving server complaints and improving the community. And don't forget Jason and myself who stayed up for 5 hours in the morning reinstalling the server :P

As always, if you have any questions/problems/suggestions, please post in the Questions/Suggestions forum!

Quick Brief

As you may all be aware, all game servers were shut down last night. During this time, Jason reinstalled the operating system on the box and reinstalled each game server. We did this reinstall in order to get rid of many unneeded files now that we have a new box.

The webserver and mysql server have been moved over to the new box. This relieves a lot of stress on the game servers, so lag should be reduced.

Sourcemod Update

During this time, I updated all of the servers to the newest version of Sourcemod. Performance increases, stability, and other tweaks are included in this update. If anything is not working correctly or is missing, please post in this thread or send a PM to me.

HlstatsX

Right now, I am in the process of cleaning/optimizing the HlstatsX database (hasn't been done in months). This will remove users/clans that have been inactive for over a month and hopefully clean up a lot of the database. I have also set up the hlstatsx daily awards system (check http://hlstatsx.syndicate-servers.net). When viewing a specific servers hlstatsx page, it will show a list of awards for the day at the bottom of the page. Medals should also be given to players properly now.

Admin Packages/Chat Changes

Recently, admin packages have been updated. The premium admin package is the base purchasable package. The new plus upgrade is a payment in addition to the premium admin package. This new upgrade includes access to several new commands, reserved slots, as well as higher immunity. New commands include: sm_respawn (jb and mg only), sm_csay, sm_hsay, sm_msay, sm_gravity, sm_nominate_addmap, sm_setnextmap, and MORE.

Admin chat in game has changed slightly. If you have premium admin/L4/L5 admin, you won't notice a difference. Those who have the upgrade package will notice a + sign next to their name in admin chat. (e.g. (ADMIN+) fail klark: message). This helps distinguish those with higher access.

Staff can be recognized by the STAFF prefix instead of ADMIN in admin chat (e.g. [sTAFF] fail klark: message).

Donations

Those who donate over 5$ to the community (not including admin purchases) will be recognized with a green heart next to their name in game chat. (e.g. (<3) fail klark: hello). If you donate, simply prefix your chat messages with @ (e.g. @ hello) in order to display it (its basically the admin chat command). Along with this token of gratification, donators will also receive reserved slot access. To join when the server is full, simply open up console and type 'connect <IP>' where <IP> is the server IP (refer to the server info pannel in CS:S for the IP). Donators may soon be also recognized on the forums with a different color/image on their username (have to decide).

As of now, the benefits from donating are indefinite. This may, however, be changed in the future (won't effect past donators).

Future Changes

Coming soon, we will re-setup our TF2 server and hope to make it a popular destination among TF2 playing clan members and others. If you have any suggestions on gametype/maps, please visit the server's forum.

We are also looking toward re-adding our GMOD server sometime in the future. We will be able to host it ourselves, instead of renting from shitty companies.

Also, expect our beta surf/dust2 servers to be up soon. I need to do a few things before setting them up again.

Thanks/Final Comments

Be sure to thank staff for all their hard work. Thank those who spend hours in the complaint department resolving server complaints and improving the community. And don't forget Jason and myself who stayed up for 5 hours in the morning reinstalling the server :P

As always, if you have any questions/problems/suggestions, please post in the Questions/Suggestions forum!

fail?

Guest rw.Sentenced

Appreciated and all but do we need the reserve slots? They are a fucking pain if you dont have access to one

Appreciated and all but do we need the reserve slots? They are a fucking pain if you dont have access to one

I made it so they are hidden. You can use your auto connect now :)

I was wondering why the servers disappeared from my favorites. Is that also why the website was down? Or maybe that was just me.

Guest rw.Sentenced

So we're not going to connect and then get kicked for the slot? :D

Wow GJ guys, I know how much work it is installing OS's, and then Servers, AND setting them all up with databases.

One question, if we donate, but already have admin+, do we still get the <3? like "(Admin+<3) Ctark: msg"

And also does the donator talk brodcast when dead? or just to what ever state you are in (ie dead talks to dead ect...)

And also does the donator talk brodcast when dead? or just to what ever state you are in (ie dead talks to dead ect...)

This was my question as well. If it were like admin chat, I would consider getting it.

It is admin chat. Only it looks different for donators. And yes, it works with premium admin, as well as premium + admin.

Donators: (<3) name: message ---- ( <3 is in green )

Admins: (ADMIN) name <3: message --- ( <3 is in green )

Admins + : (ADMIN+) name <3: message --- ( <3 is in green )

Remove point system of HLX for JB. CT Point whores have taken over, where they kill only for points and ruin the fun of the game.

Great job with the servers. And dam thanks for all the time you guys have taken. I hope this really means lag will be reduced.

It is admin chat. Only it looks different for donators. And yes, it works with premium admin, as well as premium + admin.

Donators: (<3) name: message ---- ( <3 is in green )

Admins: (ADMIN) name <3: message --- ( <3 is in green )

Admins + : (ADMIN+) name <3: message --- ( <3 is in green )

Awesome, Thanks for the reply, only thing I have a problem with is the donators having admin chat, I can see JB esp being totally fucked over by $5 donations and people ghosting / spamming... but again thats why JB is here, to keep "those" players off the other servers.

Awesome, Thanks for the reply, only thing I have a problem with is the donators having admin chat, I can see JB esp being totally fucked over by $5 donations and people ghosting / spamming... but again thats why JB is here, to keep "those" players off the other servers.

This.

Thank's guy's for your hardwork, I know close too what went into this as I do stuff like this (reinstall my OS and clean the drive's) on my web server on a tri-montly basis.

Good work! +rep

Easy fix: Take a screenshot that shows them dead, and shows them in chat ghosting. Their <3 is a privilege given to them because we wanted to thank them for donating, not a service that they paid for. We will take it away immediately if it is abused.

Sign in to follow this