Sign in to follow this  
Clay

Bring Back FFA (Official Petition)

The Smith Act prohibits speech that advocates the overthrow of the government.

Plotting against sG:

First we need to eliminate the warp zones and pipes, and increase Goomba count tenfold. That'll keep Mario busy.

Next, we'll have to generate 150 gigs of logs in seven minutes. That'll slow the servers down.

Lastly, we need to destroy Kraft. Junezoe (© 2009-2010 PR()JECT) will be devastated.

It was the basis for laws currently in place. That's like criticizing the constitution as a source because it was written in the 1700's. Here's the wiki page so you can educate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_words#United_States

hahah, kind of, but that law is much stupider than the constitution. I'm sure that essentially any time a case comes to court concerning it where they can't prove actual damages, that which constitutes fighting words is narrowed further. I'm not criticizing it simply for being old, but more for it being an old ideal.

hahah, kind of, but that law is much stupider than the constitution. I'm sure that essentially any time a case comes to court concerning it where they can't prove actual damages, that which constitutes fighting words is narrowed further. I'm not criticizing it simply for being old, but more for it being an old ideal.

Perhaps, but you asked me to show where they limit speech, and I did :P

Might as well have shown me a law that says you can't go into someone's house and start insulting them hahah. Fact still stands that there's no good reason to get rid of FFA here. None.

Guest Fohacidal

I really dont see either how citing those laws supports the removal of FFA in any way. Grasping for straws dawg

Might as well have shown me a law that says you can't go into someone's house and start insulting them hahah. Fact still stands that there's no good reason to get rid of FFA here. None.

Tis the will of the staff, and they'll do what they want.

Guest Fohacidal
Yup. FFA is wanted by generally all members. Is anything else needed to be said?

Do you have staff? No? Then no you have nothing to say

I really dont see either how citing those laws supports the removal of FFA in any way. Grasping for straws dawg

Actually, Dojima asked me to show where they've restricted free speech before; just because what I posted doesn't apply to something you said doesn't make it invalid, or desperate-- the world doesn't revolve around you.

Actually, Dojima asked me to show where they've restricted free speech before; just because what I posted doesn't apply to something you said doesn't make it invalid, or desperate-- the world doesn't revolve around you.

speaking of supporting the removal of FFA...i dont think ive read one good reason to get rid of it >.>

attachment.php?attachmentid=383

speaking of supporting the removal of FFA...i dont think ive read one good reason to get rid of it >.>

We gave you our reason-- cracking down on trolls and removing a forum that encourages trolling and flaming. Whether you think it's good or not is up to you, it was good enough for us.

attachment.php?attachmentid=383

Yeah, a discussion of free speech totally doesn't have anything to do with a removal of a forum in which speech was more free than the general forum.

Guest Fohacidal
There doesn't need to be a reason. It was the will of the staff.

Oh, and by the way.

Still curious about this.

You were attempting to support your argument by citing real world examples. The end result was you failing to say anything relevant and Dojima calling you out on the comparison and subsequent justification. The world doesnt revolve around you and your decisions/wants/needs junzou (this goes for mario as well). Its in the staffs best interest to please the community and enforce rules accordingly. All I see is staff enforcing rules to please themselves followed by self indulgent high horse posts about implying nobody matters except them.

Yeah, a discussion of free speech totally doesn't have anything to do with a removal of a forum in which speech was more free than the general forum.

Free speech only applies to public domain not exclusive groups.

IE: I can't say certain things b/c the groups I belong to SAY I can't say certain things.

You were attempting to support your argument by citing real world examples. The end result was you failing to say anything relevant and Dojima calling you out on the comparison and subsequent justification. The world doesnt revolve around you and your decisions/wants/needs junzou (this goes for mario as well). Its in the staffs best interest to please the community and enforce rules accordingly. All I see is staff enforcing rules to please themselves followed by self indulgent high horse posts about implying nobody matters except them.

this