Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Syndicate Gamers Not-So-Weekly Digest Vol. 7 [5/14/10]

Syndicate Gamers Not-So-Weekly Digest Vol. 7 [5/14/10]

Finally another digest, we know it’s been a while but there really hasn't been any news until now. We've got a wealth of changes that have been planned and discussed over the past weeks, most of which you will see take place over the next two months.

Community

Staff

To start things off, we are sad to announce that B'laz.e has chosen to step down from his Advisor position, as well as Kai is stepping down from his Engineer position. We have also decided to let go of UltimateOreo, who is very busy with life issues and we don't want to be that nagging thought in the back of his head. To the three of them, thank you for all the work and effort you have put into developing this community, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavorers!

Everybody thank them for their service to this community, they will be missed.

Please note that this does not mean there is an open position at this time.

Recruitment
We've decided that instead of having staff vote on who gets in, it will be entirely community based, with staff votes having no more pull than that of a regular member. The requirement will be a 15 vote requirement, like the one we currently have for members, except that is now the only way to get accepted. This change isn't in place as of yet, it is just a heads up of what we plan. Give us your input
:)

Forums

Recently I have been preforming a few upgrades to vBulletin, including bringing us up to the latest version of vBulletin, bringing a few new features and a ton of bug fixes! A side note, due to some default style changes in vBulletin, some aspects of the forums may look off. If you encounter any of these,
please PM me.

To go along side these forum upgrades, We've decided to restructure and reorganize the forum. We have cut out many unused forums, and moved quite a few things around, as well as redone the Level III forum (see "The Back Corner" below). For a full forum map and a list of changed/removed forums, look in the post following this.

The SoapBox

While it was fun while it lasted, we have decided that a completely unrestricted free for all forum is not the right way to go about things. Introducing: The SoapBox. The new Level III forum, and is a replacement of the Free For All. The key thing to note is that
flaming and trolling of other members is NOT allowed
. Infractions can and will be given. Another thing to note is that access is something granted to those who have shown a certain level of commitment to the forums. This could include reaching Level III in the clan, getting X amounts of posts (if this one happens, expect X to be a high number
:)
), being around the community for X years, or even donating and purchasing admin.

The restrictions are short, and this list is just a sample of the full one, located inside the Back Corner:

• This is not the free for all! Rules do apply, and infractions can and will be given!

• Trolling and flaming other members is strictly prohibited.

• This forum is a privilege, not a curse. It should be kept clean, and if it isn't safe for work, put it in the 18+ Forum.

• Nothing which would be considered illegal may be posted here.

• Content may be removed without warning if deemed unfit by staff.

Game Servers

Syndicate Gamers Gaming League

The first Syndicate Gamers Gaming League match scheduling starts June 1st! Go into the
Gaming League forum
and start signing up for matches (this system is coming out within the next couple days so stay tuned)! This is also a reminder to all teams to hurry up and get your 5+ players so we can start scrimming. This is a fun thing, and we're totally sorry it took so long, but it is the first time and we had big technicalities we had to work out.

Team Fortress 2

Xklark decided to set up another TF2 server! Currently, its running a 24/7 payload rotation. HLStatsX and Sourcemod are working already. If you currently have admin on CS:S, you will have admin on the TF2 server as well. Post all suggestions in the server forum. Check it out and get the server popular!

P.S.: Xklark is looking for someone to help engineer the TF2 server and recruit people to join the server. See the server forum for details.

IP:
174.36.231.29:27015

b_350x20_C692108-381007-FFFFFF-000000.png

Server Admin

As you may have noticed, we have updated our admin packages. Currently, we are offering a single $15.00/month Premium Admin package, over all of our servers. Command details, admin rules, and the like can all be viewed
here
. If you wish to purchase admin, that may be done
here.
Premium Plus Upgrade has also been added. Quantity is limited, but the package includes immunity, reserved slot, and extra commands.

General

The Jailbreak server broke a few days ago, and Klark had to rebuild it, so you should all thank him for his effort there! I am eagerly writing a Team Balance script for the WCS servers, and that T restrict plugin as well.

Something That Made Us Very Happy :)

We are very pleased to let you all know that we have decided to buy a second dedicated box! While not as powerful as our current hardware, this box will house our webserver, mysql server, and two-four new gameservers (GMod & CS:S Beta, or even a few WC3 bots), taking a huge strain off of our current box. Stay tuned over the next few days for more information! Note, this will mean that when I switch the website over to the new server there will be a 15-20 minute downtime period (more likely 5-7) while databases transfer.

i too like the way it looks and feels! : ) great job. and for kai, b'laze and ultimate oreo; have a good one guys.though i don't know you 3 personally/at all i still want to wish you a great progression through life and thank you for all your work : )

Recruitment

We've decided that instead of having staff vote on who gets in, it will be entirely community based, with staff votes having no more pull than that of a regular member. The requirement will be a 15 vote requirement, like the one we currently have for members, except that is now the only way to get accepted. This change isn't in place as of yet, it is just a heads up of what we plan. Give us your input

Everybody thank them for their service to this community, they will be missed.

Please note that this does not mean there is an open position at this time.

Awkward/messed up.

Otherwise, everything sounds pretty good.

Question about the Back Corner. Clearly people like myself, who are not in sG, would love to have access, you mentioned that membership in sG would not be a requirement, so I'm wondering what the reqs WILL be...I know Clay, for instance, wouldn't want to be left out :P

Suggestion: Age requirement. Please god, let some semblence of this community NOT involve the 15yr-old jbtards.

Thanks for the heads up. And I like the fact that now the members have some say in other things rather than just people joining sG.

Awkward/messed up.

Otherwise, everything sounds pretty good.

Question about the Back Corner. Clearly people like myself, who are not in sG, would love to have access, you mentioned that membership in sG would not be a requirement, so I'm wondering what the reqs WILL be...I know Clay, for instance, wouldn't want to be left out :P

Suggestion: Age requirement. Please god, let some semblence of this community NOT involve the 15yr-old jbtards.

it should be like 20 votes or something

Guest Fohacidal

So what the point of the soapbox if it isnt FFA? God streamlining for the lose

Next in forum adjustments: A gun nut section labeled "Second Amendment", only rule is that only people with guns can post in it except talking about guns in it is infractionable

Next in forum adjustments: A gun nut section labeled "Second Amendment", only rule is that only people with guns can post in it except talking about guns in it is infractionable

inb4nutjobsdemandgunforum

ugh, best part about ffa was the trolls...

and recruitment should be like 20-25 votes to get in. not 15.

Guest Fohacidal
inb4nutjobsdemandgunforum

A gun forum would be nice...

ugh, best part about ffa was the trolls...

and recruitment should be like 20-25 votes to get in. not 15.

I suggested something similar, but I guess it's "too much". Oh well, I'll see how this "recruitment" thing goes through however.

If you guys seriously think 25 votes is reasonable, we can try it.

I don't know about 25, but 20 would be reasonable for me.

Guest Fohacidal

I agree with 20 as well

Guest Horny©at

Inb4recruitmentrequiresagelimit

no..but seriously, WE NEED AGE LIMITS!!!!!

I like the digest by the way, it was a good read.

I agree with 20 as well

I support this.

Inb4recruitmentrequiresagelimit

no..but seriously, WE NEED AGE LIMITS!!!!!

AND I support this.

O forgot to ask.

Are the staff going to be more active now? And not take like a week to resolve some shit in the CD? which only needed someone to download a demo and see some wallhacks.

Sign in to follow this