Sign in to follow this  
TVdie23

Should Ghoul be banned??

So Nitestalker arent you going to unban ghoul for the week you gave him, because I dont really see any solid evidence you are giving of of him "not keeping his head down" from you. At least unban him until you have a good reason to keep him banned.

well its not like he learned anything from the first time around

came back yesterday and started spamming his mic to get someone votebanned

So Nitestalker arent you going to unban ghoul for the week you gave him, because I dont really see any evidence of him "not keeping his head down" from you. At least unban him until you have a good reason to keep him banned.

Sounds to me like he's acting like the same dick regardless of already being perma

Sounds to me like he's acting like the same dick regardless of already being perma

This. there is no solid reason to unban him imo, and if i see him on talking like he normally talks and acting like he normally acts, idc what account hes on i will ban him unless im told otherwise by a JCS/advisor or whatnot.

I thought he's 'free' on his new account. He shouldn't get banned just for talking. Yes, he should get banned for "disrespect" and votebanning others, but he should not be banned on sight.

Anyway, I like playing with Ghoul. He's probably the best TEAM player out there. He can single-handedly bring around the entire T team just by rushing and leading his team. He's also very likable in that he will always talk to people who don't have high pitched voices. He's also one that responds to politeness. Although, he won't just listen to people who just come in and enforce rules, aka Glaceon, Noire, Nitestalker. He's got his good sides and his bad sides.

@ Glaceon's ZE comment. He would be the one who held it for every single last human. Probably to the point that they would almost get overrun by zombies and I bet sometimes he would hold it too long.

I don't like most of GS though. I will agree with you guys on that.

Banning on sight just because he came in on a new account is definitely abuse. If he was spamming mic and telling the server to voteban, then yes, bannable. Like previous posts, the account is banned and not the person. If Ghoul came in on a new account, the 6-ban rule still applies, no? Also, hes very influential in the server. He helps people stay on the server and again, is very popular. From my experience, Ghoul makes WCS#1 a lot more fun.

Banning on sight just because he came in on a new account is definitely abuse. If he was spamming mic and telling the server to voteban, then yes, bannable. Like previous posts, the account is banned and not the person. If Ghoul came in on a new account, the 6-ban rule still applies, no? Also, hes very influential in the server. He helps people stay on the server and again, is very popular. From my experience, Ghoul makes WCS#1 a lot more fun.

like i said - i didnt ban on sight - i saw him, decided to play with him a bit to see if he changed his attitude, which he did not, so i banned him.

I said we weren't going to TRY and find him-- not "if we find him, we won't ban him," because that would be a lie. I'm not going to sit through Sourcebans and HLStatsX to check every player that comes in to see if it's Ghoul's IP range, but if he's making an ass of himself, using the microphone and telling people that it's him, yeah, he's gonna get banned.

Nebz has been banned for one week for letting Ghoul use his account. He was warned not to do that when Ghoul was originally banned, and he ignored the warning.

Ghoul is a permanently banned from the servers-- there is no excuse NOT to ban he's flaunting the fact that he's there on a new account.

Well according to what Ghoul said earlier, he learned his lesson.

He said himself that he'll stop votebanning, so why dont you guys just give him a chance, eh?

He said himself that he'll stop votebanning, so why dont you guys just give him a chance, eh?

im pretty sure we allready gave him alot of chances.

Also, whats with all his butsecks buddies coming in and defending him?

He is banned. He is not going to be unbanned. Get over it. And tell all his other friends to stop trying, it aint gonna happen.

So just to make this straight. There is a ban Ghoul on sight policy. However, admins will "look the other way" until Ghoul does something to provoke a reaction. Does this mean Ghoul cannot use his mic? There's practically no point in Ghoul coming back if he can't use his mic. He might as well be another rando.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought the whole point of a ban was to make sure they wouldnt come back.

Really, the whole point of a perma is to make someone shell out another 20 bucks for the game, with the hope that they learn a lesson from it.

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

I thought he's 'free' on his new account. He shouldn't get banned just for talking. Yes, he should get banned for "disrespect" and votebanning others, but he should not be banned on sight.

Anyway, I like playing with Ghoul. He's probably the best TEAM player out there. He can single-handedly bring around the entire T team just by rushing and leading his team.

I don't like most of GS though. I will agree with you guys on that.

^^this^^

So just to make this straight. There is a ban Ghoul on sight policy. However, admins will "look the other way" until Ghoul does something to provoke a reaction. Does this mean Ghoul cannot use his mic? There's practically no point in Ghoul coming back if he can't use his mic. He might as well be another rando.

Technically, it is a ban on sight if you know it's him. Also, if they can't prove it's Ghoul on another account of any sorts, that account can't be banned.

And just to throw this out here, when Nebz's account is unbanned in a week, no banning on sight for him because we've given him a good reason to change his password. Unless you specifically hear Ghoul there, don't do it.

I've seen the voteban crap once or twice yadda yadda. The thing that bothers me the most is the constant racism from several of the gs members.

Does this mean Ghoul cannot use his mic? There's practically no point in Ghoul coming back if he can't use his mic. He might as well be another rando.

Guess there's no point in him coming back then.

Personally, I can live with all of his buttsecks buddies leaving the server. What is that, like...5 people?

There are still plenty of people that play on the server that don't care if ghoul is around or not.

The people that just want to play make the server fun, not the people that don't shut up on the mic.

Technically, it is a ban on sight if you know it's him. Also, if they can't prove it's Ghoul on another account of any sorts, that account can't be banned.

And just to throw this out here, when Nebz's account is unbanned in a week, no banning on sight for him because we've given him a good reason to change his password. Unless you specifically hear Ghoul there, don't do it.

So why did you undo my ban on him? the hlstatsx showed he used the name GS Ghoul and he was on his mic talking and responding to the name ghoul...

Although, he won't just listen to people who just come in and enforce rules, aka Glaceon, Noire, Nitestalker. He's got his good sides and his bad sides.

yeah... isn't this something we want to stay away from? I remember his hardcore raging because I moved him to ct to balance the teams. Then he just stayed in spec raging till he was able to move back to t (in which Imove him to ct again and he goes to spec and rages some more). T side is easier to play on a wc server. Planting a bomb is much easier to having to slowly walk back with the hostages leaving you open for someone to lj or teleport around you and pick you off because you had to wait for the hostages.

IMO, the ban should stay...

would you ban me on sight if I had that exact name in my Hlstats when you looked my list of names up?

Especially if I joined under that name?

There is a flaw to that. Gather evidence first, then ban him and post evidence if the ban is removed.

would you ban me on sight if I had that exact name in my Hlstats when you looked my list of names up?

Especially if I joined under that name?

There is a flaw to that. Gather evidence first, then ban him and post evidence if the ban is removed.

if you had the name on your hlstatsx and you sounded EXACTLY like ghoul on your mic and you started responding to the name ghoul...At one point he even asked me "Are you gonna ban me bro?". there was NO denying it was ghoul

Sign in to follow this