Sign in to follow this  
TVdie23

Should Ghoul be banned??

Base on the time you are in WCS #1 playing with/against Ghoul, do you think he should be perm banned??

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

No

I personally don't think Ghoul should be perm banned. He does generate some players in Server 1.

Ghoul Squad is one of the three biggest clans that regularly plays in Server 1. (Sg, Bros, & GS)

-watsMYid

Guest Horny©at

Why should TvDie be banned? At least he didn't spam the complaint department

it's been a while since ive seen ghoul play (or played myself) but back when i was active on wcs 1 i would mute ghoul regularly for disrespect, as well as spam, and a few other things he would consistently do to get attention.

Why should TvDie be banned? At least he didn't spam the complaint department
I swear to god, if one more person makes a Ghoul appeal thread they are getting banned for a week. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Ghoul will not be unbanned

That's why

and the fact that everytime I was in-game, he would always gloat on how he would get the entire server to voteban me if I didn't have lvl 1 immunity, basicly admin powers.

He really irritates me with his constant nagging on me being a poor admin and everything when I do try to enforce the rules, even if it does kill the mood. If you bend the rules, why would you even make it in the first place if you're going to make exceptions.

I really think that GS needs to go, in general. They're a bad influence on the servers. On several occasions, I have to threaten a few of gagging because they were spamming binds everytime they either killed someone, killed off the entire team, or just plainly spamming it. I really don't like GS in general, they're too irritating, requires too much attention that you can't really play normally, and makes some rather rude comments.

Sorry if I'm going on a tangent, but it's not only Ghoul that is annoying.

Why should he get banned? He didn't spam in complaint department.

this is a perfectly fine place to have a discussion of his ban, and the events leading up to it.

To add to Glaceon and Nitestalker's remarks, the few times I've gone into WCS #1, I've had a negative experience with Ghoul. He has been warned about abusing the voteban feature, and received a 1 day ban from Longcat about it. He has exhibited a consistent pattern of disrespect towards other players, and has several bans for griefing. I don't care if he's a regular, that doesn't elevate him beyond the rules. If he had such an issue with being banned, I would imagine HE would come here and protect his ban, not all of his little lackies.

Also, why isn't that poll public?

i have been talking to ghoul about why he doesnt come in himself also. he told me he is also banned from the formes and has tried many times to come get his word in. Is there a way were you can just unban him from the formes for a short period of time so he can get a say. like i said i was told this by ghoul so i cant be shure if its 110% true. is i know this vote doesnt even matter i will not vote.

i have been talking to ghoul about why he doesnt come in himself also. he told me he is also banned from the formes and has tried many times to come get his word in. Is there a way were you can just unban him from the formes for a short period of time so he can get a say. like i said i was told this by ghoul so i cant be shure if its 110% true. is i know this vote doesnt even matter i will not vote.

Ask him what his forum account was. Odds are if he was banned from the forums, he did something to deserve it.

Empire, I'll respond to your post in a second.

EDIT::

http://sourcebans.syndicate-servers.net/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:22110457&Submit

Here are his bans.

The first one, for hacking, might have actually been him hacking, or it might have not been. There wasn't a post made, so we can't confirm it either way. As equally as we can't say it's legit, we can't say it's not legit. It might be that the admin just mistyped and selected "hacking" instead of "griefing," which is as easy as hitting 2 instead of 3.

The second was for spamming. Again, given his history, not a surprise.

The third was for griefing. Same deal-- we have to use the banning admin's judgment at the time, there's no way to tell if it was "legit." Given Ghoul's history though, it wouldn't be a surprise.

The fourth one was from bios, for exploiting. Oracion undid this ban. I have no idea why, because there wasn't a complaint post made. I do know that Oracion is friends with ghoul, and I do know that Oracion and bios have butted heads from time to time.

The next ban was from Longcat, for Ghoul's abuse of the voteban feature. Self explanatory. That's five.

There's another ban here from Oracion, which appears to be admin abuse on Oracion's behalf. No idea why he was banned, but I didn't count this one.

Last one was from Organik, because he once again abused the voteban feature. Initially, this was going to be a one week ban, but since this was his sixth ban, he was permanently banned.

Questions? There should be none.

Why should he get banned? He didn't spam in complaint department.

this is a perfectly fine place to have a discussion of his ban, and the events leading up to it.

To add to Glaceon and Nitestalker's remarks, the few times I've gone into WCS #1, I've had a negative experience with Ghoul. He has been warned about abusing the voteban feature, and received a 1 day ban from Longcat about it. He has exhibited a consistent pattern of disrespect towards other players, and has several bans for griefing. I don't care if he's a regular, that doesn't elevate him beyond the rules. If he had such an issue with being banned, I would imagine HE would come here and protect his ban, not all of his little lackies.

Also, why isn't that poll public?

You had stated that the next person to make an appeal thread that they would get banned. I didn't know it had to be in Complaint Department.

i think he should be unbanned also its just this post probibly wont change anything untill ghoul himself can come in, witch he cant!!!

I don't even know if he's really banned or not. I just searched for all of his known IPs on our forums, and no users are coming up.

Ask him what his forum account was. Odds are if he was banned from the forums, he did something to deserve it.

Empire, I'll respond to your post in a second.

EDIT::

http://sourcebans.syndicate-servers.net/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:22110457&Submit

Here are his bans.

The first one, for hacking, might have actually been him hacking, or it might have not been. There wasn't a post made, so we can't confirm it either way. As equally as we can't say it's legit, we can't say it's not legit. It might be that the admin just mistyped and selected "hacking" instead of "griefing," which is as easy as hitting 2 instead of 3.

The second was for spamming. Again, given his history, not a surprise.

The third was for griefing. Same deal-- we have to use the banning admin's judgment at the time, there's no way to tell if it was "legit." Given Ghoul's history though, it wouldn't be a surprise.

The fourth one was from bios, for exploiting. Oracion undid this ban. I have no idea why, because there wasn't a complaint post made. I do know that Oracion is friends with ghoul, and I do know that Oracion and bios have butted heads from time to time.

The next ban was from Longcat, for Ghoul's abuse of the voteban feature. Self explanatory. That's five.

There's another ban here from Oracion, which appears to be admin abuse on Oracion's behalf. No idea why he was banned, but I didn't count this one.

Last one was from Organik, because he once again abused the voteban feature. Initially, this was going to be a one week ban, but since this was his sixth ban, he was permanently banned.

Questions? There should be none.

The bios ban was undone because it was bs, plain and simple. The previous day ghoul was, well. . . being ghoul. Bios was aboosing and ghoul was talking shit to him about it. The next day bios came in and banned him. I'm the one who went to Oracion to get him unbanned for what I felt was a BS reason. Someone please explain to me how you can abuse a feature that requires >half of the server to cast a vote to ban someone. The only people I've ever seen him voteban are little kids who won't stop talking.

I'm pretty sure the time Bios came back for a couple of days is when they had this head-to-head.

This is also where the huge Kewt "Jailman" Kemper fiasco also appeared because of foxBios. He was randomly banning people for talking back to him. Let me see if i can find those complaints.

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/24668-fox-bios

This thread was made about fox at 1/17

Ghoul was banned on 1/26

if people want to read my thoughts on this matter: http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/30165-An-Intelligent-Post.

however, i have heard, but only heard, that ghoul tried to spam join the ZE server trying to get it to crash. i have only seen rumors

bios is a dickhead in my opinion, but that decides the point.

Ghoul always abuses to voteban feature and he somehow encourages people to voteban that person. Truthfully, he should be perma'd but he hasn't bothered me in any way so I don't mind him staying, but the community does. And he said this in game today, he'll just keep coming back with new accounts. So, it's up to you guys.

No, he got banned, then logged in on another account. thios got nebz banned to a while too...

I asked staff and they said add a week ban, so thats another one.

And

Ill Ban him on other accounts to, thats just avoiding his perm

i don't get this. we ban the account. we don't ban the person. If I got banned for spamming, and i buy a new account, i get a clean slate. i don't all the shit that was leftover from my old account.

This also applies to the 'my brother hacked' rule. This is the same thing, but in reverse. Now the same person uses a different account, but the account should be banned, not the person.

Look, I'm not a WCS regular but here's what I know and why I perma banned him.

- Has a messy ban record in the past, but amounts up to quite a few bans.

- Disliked by a lot of other members in the WCS1 community. (General Douchebaggery, Trolling, Flaming, Abusing Voteban, the list just keeps going on and on).

- Had his lackys go in the CD to try to troll sG to get him unbanned.

I figured that was enough bull to get him permanently banned, and other staff members agreed with me.

In addition, his friends account was banned on grounds of ban evasion, but was later revoked due to it was truly his friends account.

no they said he avoided a ban by logging on under another account? also he cant come back with a new account he got ip banned. he will have to change internet providers

Apparently he got another IP & Steam ID so he can play again.

i don't get this. we ban the account. we don't ban the person. If I got banned for spamming, and i buy a new account, i get a clean slate. i don't all the shit that was leftover from my old account.

This also applies to the 'my brother hacked' rule. This is the same thing, but in reverse. Now the same person uses a different account, but the account should be banned, not the person.

http://sourcebans.syndicate-servers.net/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Lakers&Submit=

If we pulled a stunt like that, he wouldn't be the first person. This kid named Lakers, persistently did things similar to Ghoul, and look where it got him. (The scale of this kid got to where he would use multiple accounts to attempt to crash the server however).

some people keep telling me how ghoul went and crashed another sg server. i was never told about this, i though he was perma ban for his bad history. can someone please explain this to me.

Sign in to follow this