Sign in to follow this  
Guitar Guy

A little idea I had.

I'll be turning 20 next year, and I had an idea. I have no fucking clue how I thought ten years ago, how my mind worked, and what I thought about. Maybe it's because I was 9 at the time...But whatever. I'd love to be able to look back ten years from now and know those things. Maybe I won't remember them... Maybe I will. Either way, what I'm planning to do is until my next birthday (Next year) I'll write. Constantly. Any thought, idea, perspective, things I hate, things I love, I'll type/write it down. Store it on a CD/flash drive/floppy disk/anything with a small script that won't allow me to open the files on the disk unless the system clock is set to 2021 or later. And I won't add anything new to the files after January 27th, 2011. Sure it'd be easy to bypass, but it'd just be a general reminder for me to forget about it until that date.

Anyone think this would be pointless? I think it'd be kinda cool to see how dumb/smart/crazy my thoughts were 10 years from now.

tl;dr version

Time capsule like idea but instead of storing technology/personal possessions I store my thoughts.

Ten years from now,when your almost 30,if you dont have long term memory loss,you should be able to remember everything that happens just fine.

Remembering stuff from when you were 10 is difficult.

Ten years from now,when your almost 30,if you dont have long term memory loss,you should be able to remember everything that happens just fine.

Remembering stuff from when you were 10 is difficult.

You won't be able to remember unimportant things or necessarily how your mind worked.

You won't be able to remember unimportant things or necessarily how your mind worked.

Yeah i remember when i was 13,i said stuff that i would never say now,and stuff in general i wouldnt do or say now. Its just weird how my mind was completely different.

I have convos I had with people on AIM 10 years ago. I was pretty much the same, but a bit funnier.

Haha I did the same thing with Hotmail and read a few of my old messages from my buds in Switzerland. Major nostalgia right there :P go for it sounds like a fun little experiment. Would you write happy or sad thoughts? or both? :o!