Sign in to follow this  
tex1an2

Connecting Community

Just a few things I'd like to throw out, I thought I'd see what you all thought of this. One of the things that struck me recently, in relation to recruitment, was that recruits aren't getting play time w/ a wide sG audience. This is 100% their fault, as they can travel to other servers and play w/ other members, but it would make it easier if they could just attend one day and members could get the "jist" of who they are and if they want them in the clan.

I think we should try to establish some kind of uniform game day where sG members can all come in and participate (if they want) in a select game. An example of this would be recently a few people from sG have been playing 'League of Legends', a stand-alone DotA game. It's been highly enjoyable to log on w/ other clan members and play all on one game.

Now, we all got lives outside of this the interwebs and time constraints would really hinder a collective gaming "day" however, just mentioning it might bring people to us. An example would be perhaps announcing that on Saturday 1-3pm we'll try to play the zombie escape server. Or perhaps on Sunday we'll play SC2, and so on and so forth.

How does that sound to yall? Criticism/Comments?

Im 99% sure that Jason doesnt even own CSS.

I would agree, but I've been in a server with him before. It's really weird.

I would agree, but I've been in a server with him before. It's really weird.

I've seen him for like 3 minutes.... 10 months ago LOL.

Just a few things I'd like to throw out, I thought I'd see what you all thought of this. One of the things that struck me recently, in relation to recruitment, was that recruits aren't getting play time w/ a wide sG audience. This is 100% their fault, as they can travel to other servers and play w/ other members, but it would make it easier if they could just attend one day and members could get the "jist" of who they are and if they want them in the clan.

I think we should try to establish some kind of uniform game day where sG members can all come in and participate (if they want) in a select game. An example of this would be recently a few people from sG have been playing 'League of Legends', a stand-alone DotA game. It's been highly enjoyable to log on w/ other clan members and play all on one game.

Now, we all got lives outside of this the interwebs and time constraints would really hinder a collective gaming "day" however, just mentioning it might bring people to us. An example would be perhaps announcing that on Saturday 1-3pm we'll try to play the zombie escape server. Or perhaps on Sunday we'll play SC2, and so on and so forth.

How does that sound to yall? Criticism/Comments?

I like this. If you want to keep on top of it, PM me your Steam name and I will give you event privileges on the sG Steam Group.

Im 99% sure that Jason doesnt even own CSS.

I'm 100% sure you don't own a mic.

You know. . . We have a perfectly good 100tic server that everyone just suddenly stopped using after like two weeks. This makes me sad. We could use that, or we could require recruits to try out all the servers. . . That might help too. I actually jumped around and tried all the servers when I was in recruit phase specifically because of all the members I hadn't played with. . . Although I did, and always will avoid jb.

We tried this actually. But oracion hasn't been keeping up with it.

Not sure how I can keep up with something a ton of people don't want to participate in... DR was the only thing you guys did, everything else just tanked.

Not sure how I can keep up with something a ton of people don't want to participate in... DR was the only thing you guys did, everything else just tanked.

Yes, I realized after making this thread how it could only end in futility. People rarely can be bothered to play something different, let alone enjoy everyone's company. I tried it out w/ a couple of people but something either came up, or they didn't care enough. Oh well.

I like the idea, but I am not sure how it would work with other games. Not everyone owns other games and it would be excluding some if the one huge game day occurred and some people couldn't play simply because they don't have the game.