Sign in to follow this  
Shuda51

A new possible JB rule edit.

So, last night (or this morning, whatever), me and rw.Sentenced had a little disagreement about the stock LR's. I was reading the LR section, and it said that the warden can accept or deny LR's. Sentenced came in and told me that stock LR's were undeniable. We continued this for about a good 3 minutes, everyone checking MOTD, no conclusions. That's when Sentenced informed me to look under general guidelines where, lo and behold, stock LR's are undeniable.

Now then, why is the part about undeniable LR's with general guidelines, and NOT with the rest of the LR section? That just makes it needlessly complicated. I suggest we remove it from the general guidelines and, in the LR section, add a note that says "Stock LR's such as S4S and <insert other stock LR's here> cannot be denied for any reason.".

I think the reason it was put it at the top was specifically so you couldn't miss it. It shouldn't be a problem if you've read the MOTD.

Oh, and I think if you ask Oracion to change the rules after we just had a discussion about them on Friday he's going to perma you.

I think the reason it was put it at the top was specifically so you couldn't miss it. It shouldn't be a problem if you've read the MOTD.

Oh, and I think if you ask Oracion to change the rules after we just had a discussion about them on Friday he's going to perma you.

yeah...no editing rules... but i'd say (as it's usually been) don't deny stock LRs unless its something stupid, like S4S...but all the Cts are alive. that shit's gonna take forever, but if its a quick game, accept it! : )

I think the reason it was put it at the top was specifically so you couldn't miss it. It shouldn't be a problem if you've read the MOTD

The only thing is that if i'm doing a quick reference check, i'm probably not going to the top, i'm probably going to the section that pertains to the situation. I'd be cool with it staying up there, so long as we make some sort of note in the LR section. Eh, maybe i need to do a full re-read of the MOTD, but that's just me.

*Hides behind Oracion shield* Ok, fine, maybe i should have said something about it then, but murphy's law states that immediately after the rules have been changed, a situation will occur that may necessitate a change. In other words....I've lost my train of thought. But i'm cool if it isn't changed, that's why i said "possible".

Guest Waffle

You cannot deny stock lrs, however you can deny modifications of them.

For example, awp for awp.

New rule about JB edits: Must have three valid points minimum before discussion. I seriously can't stand changing the rules because some douche or someone wants to be a smartass about everything.

New rule about JB edits: Must have three valid points minimum before discussion. I seriously can't stand changing the rules because some douche or someone wants to be a smartass about everything.

Hey, i'm just saying this occured because of a disagreement in-game, not because i'm tommy nitpicker. I'm trying to prevent douche's from being a smartass about stuff. But i see your point.

1. It's somewhat confusing when an item that pertains directly to LR's is not in the LR section, but instead in General Guidelines.

2. A move down to the LR section allows for better clarification as to what is and what is not a stock LR (although everyone should know the difference), as you can do a clearly defined list unlike in the General Guidelines section.

3. Uhhh......well....ok, you got me here. I'm not saying it needs to be changed immediately or ever, i'm just bringing it up. Hell, with the creation of this thread, it might point some people to the GG section of the motd. But i digress, i don't have enough valid points, etc. etc. Thread debunked.

I know what you're saying.. When I look for rules about camping, but then it's off in the section about freedays, it gets kind of annoying to show you're point. And in your case you were wrong but couldn't find the right place... Something like this, where it pertains to LR's I think needs to be moved down, since it was added in from an edit and it's not changing anything, but just putting it under the clearly defined section...

Something like this, where it pertains to LR's I think needs to be moved down, since it was added in from an edit and it's not changing anything, but just putting it under the clearly defined section...

qft

There is no suitable reasons why any of the stock LR's should be denied. The choice to deny an LR is when a very custom request has been given, and a warden has to make the decision about it.

He's not asking about the rule or asking that the rule be changed, he's asking for it to be changed places so it's under the LR section of the MOTD.

yeah, i think this actually may help, i've had some people say it's slightly confusing, although i understand fine.