Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

[Official] GMOD Server Development

GMOD Server so far looks pretty successful in being set up. Post here if you have any problems that staff should attend to regarding this server.

So far:

• Rules need to be made.
  • Easyban integration needs to be taken off (complete dependence on ULX ban list)
  • PCMod/PHX/WireMod, people keep having to redownload. Need to make tutorial so people can download all of it.
  • Server Lag @ times. Mainly because players abuse things, but this will be fixed with rules.

Any others you guys can post in here and we'll add on list and get it fixed ASAP.

- Rules need to be made ASAP.

- Anyone who is willing to write a PHX+WireMod+PCMod Tutorial so people dont have to download 500 files, go ahead.

What do you mean tutorial? The installation tutorial i posted is practically the only way you can get it.

It's currently stickied, great tutorial, it's how i installed :D

PLEASE PLEASE remove stacker tool.

here are some of the problems you will get out of it.

firstly, if you build a base in an apartment building say second floor.

the person 1 floor below you will stack a prop and it will go over the ceiling and into your apartment building and will F- you over. There's so many ways this can be abused. if the props arn't frozen with the stacker tool, they will use a tall prop, and make a huge tower and let it topple over. when this happens, the collision between each prop will lag the server like CRAZY - not to mention, it will also crash server if it's collided enough. happens a lot.

Wiremod is also very bad for the RP server. there are just so many ways in which wiremod can be used to be abused extensively. It should be removed. basic wiremod should stay. All of the E2 and stuff is a NO NO. they can set off invisible nukes and shit . this will fuk you over too.

PLEASE PLEASE remove stacker tool.

here are some of the problems you will get out of it.

firstly, if you build a base in an apartment building say second floor.

the person 1 floor below you will stack a prop and it will go over the ceiling and into your apartment building and will F- you over. There's so many ways this can be abused. if the props arn't frozen with the stacker tool, they will use a tall prop, and make a huge tower and let it topple over. when this happens, the collision between each prop will lag the server like CRAZY - not to mention, it will also crash server if it's collided enough. happens a lot.

Wiremod is also very bad for the RP server. there are just so many ways in which wiremod can be used to be abused extensively. It should be removed. basic wiremod should stay. All of the E2 and stuff is a NO NO. they can set off invisible nukes and shit . this will fuk you over too.

Nappodo just hates my e2 contraptions ^_^

But I agree, basic wiremod is fine. I've never seen e2 used for something good though.

Guest formerlyaeth
Nappodo just hates my e2 contraptions ^_^

But I agree, basic wiremod is fine. I've never seen e2 used for something good though.

What about restrictions on who can use e2?

What about restrictions on who can use e2?

No then you just have privlaged people abuseing it...

All or nothing ;)

PS: I vote we keep E2, as I'm just learning how to use it, i wanna make invisible nukes! :D

Please Enable Vehicles!

i wanna drive my jalopy around

just limit vehicles to 1 per person.

also, a "helicopter vehicle" mod for civil protection would be awesome :D