Sign in to follow this  
Skotti

I'm Enlisting.

Skotti, I dont think they really care about your life story they pretty much take every able bodied person.

Kind of like the Art Institute. Zing.

Then again I guess the American Army is considering revising south park's idea an utilizing Operation Yellow Wall since their getting low results on Operation Black Wall.

Skotti, I dont think they really care about your life story they pretty much take every able bodied person.

Kind of like the Art Institute. Zing.

Then again I guess the American Army is considering revising south park's idea an utilizing Operation Yellow Wall since their getting low results on Operation Black Wall.

lol. I love that episode.

(I totally thought you were bashing me for a second, but I read your post wrong.)

I'm thinking of joining Military Intiligence after I get my masters, know anything about that chosen?

inb4 don't ask don't tell

Yeah, MI is comprised of 2 areas: Tactical and Strategic

Tactical: Boots on the ground intel gathering (Army James Bond)

Strategic: People look at the intel gathered and make assumptions and recommendations (Army CIA Think Tank)

A movie that is a great example of Tactical Intel is "The Peacemaker" w/ George Clooney.

EDIT: You won't make much money coming in off the street with no military training. The highest grade you can obtain with a masters (outside of medical) is E-4. A person w/ a high school education can go from E-1 to E-4 in about 2 years.

Yeah, MI is comprised of 2 areas: Tactical and Strategic

Tactical: Boots on the ground intel gathering (Army James Bond)

Strategic: People look at the intel gathered and make assumptions and recommendations (Army CIA Think Tank)

A movie that is a great example of Tactical Intel is "The Peacemaker" w/ George Clooney.

EDIT: You won't make much money coming in off the street with no military training. The highest grade you can obtain with a masters (outside of medical) is E-4. A person w/ a high school education can go from E-1 to E-4 in about 2 years.

Was thinking of getting a BS in Computer and Information Sciences focusing on information systems and then a masters with a focus on very large information systems, this boils down to networking and IT.

Does this make me overqualified for a job in MI, would working for the NSA, FBI or CIA provide better opportunities? Because the idea of working for the government in any capacity interests me.

Was thinking of getting a BS in Computer and Information Sciences focusing on information systems and then a masters with a focus on very large information systems, this boils down to networking and IT.

Does this make me overqualified for a job in MI, would working for the NSA, FBI or CIA provide better opportunities? Because the idea of working for the government in any capacity interests me.

No such thing as overqualified. I'll have 4 degrees in December; one of them being a Masters in Info Tech. You just won't be qualified to be a leader in the Army. From what you described I think you would be more suited for the DIA.

www.dia.mil

I'm sorry son but the Rainbow Brigade already has a general.

Gay_11_LR.jpg

Just my bit of advice...if you can get a degree before/during your time in the armed forces, you should do it. You can't kill da bad guys forevs, or at least, many enlisted/active duty guys don't, so always have a back-up plan :)

Friend of mine'll be joining after he grads from college...wise decision IMO.

Just my bit of advice...if you can get a degree before/during your time in the armed forces, you should do it. You can't kill da bad guys forevs, or at least, many enlisted/active duty guys don't, so always have a back-up plan :)

Friend of mine'll be joining after he grads from college...wise decision IMO.

Yeah, Skotti you gotta be aware of the infamous homeless vet. I don't know if they teach you guys this, but I know they did this in WW2.

Have they taught you about life after military service? You may not be in the military forever and a backup plan (education might help) is always a good idea. Plus education can land you a better job I hear.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, Skotti you gotta be aware of the infamous homeless vet. I don't know if they teach you guys this, but I know they did this in WW2.

Have they taught you about life after military service? You may not be in the military forever and a backup plan (education might help) is always a good idea. Plus education can land you a better job I hear.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Police Officer.

There is talk that Obama wants to relook the gays in the military issue.

I'm sort of indifferent on it to be honest, i understand that some people are uncomfortable with the idea of homosexuals in their general vicinity. This comes from ignorance but can easily be remedied with education.

I also can always join a civilian branch

Only if it's not a felony.

You would know. :o!!!

Sounds good Skotti.

And aren't gays allowed in the armed forces in the first place? They scurd of surprise buttsecks or something?

Same reason why people didn't want women in the military, ignorance and preservation of the status quo

And they started letting women into the military I believe was during WW2 when they finally realized that half of the potential soldiers aint fighting.

They kinda started with the WASP program which was a civilian branch (now recognized for their military merits).

And they started letting women into the military I believe was during WW2 when they finally realized that half of the potential soldiers aint fighting.

They kinda started with the WASP program which was a civilian branch (now recognized for their military merits).

GJ on your military history