Sign in to follow this  
Velo

Steam beta

Haven't had much time to peek at it, but it looks like it's just a gfx update...nothing much under the hood that I can tell. WILL EDIT WHEN I HAVE MORE TIME TO TINKER. But I do like the new look, so no complaints here...

Guest rw.Sentenced

this has been out for like a month already

IDK how long it was out for. musicfreak brought it up in JB earlier so i tried it. and it suprised me that it didnt look like crap.though it doesnt run any faster than old ui steam. havent had any problems, if you find any bugs, be sure to report them to steam!

I like it. Except when i open xfire and steam ingame, it wont let me close out of either. And i have to alt+tab.
Whenever I have the in-game browser open and the game switches levels, CS crashes... Otherwise, its pretty awesome.

Report it to steam so it can hopefully get fixed. maybe

It's terrible. It appears Steam just decided to put a gradient texture on EVERY FUCKING THING. Not only that, but its bloated and annoying. I much prefer the current simplistic layout and design (somewhat).

Eh, I've been using Beta for a while now, and I guess it's fine. I like the new sounds better than the old ones lol.

I'm sorry, my unlocked Phenom II X3 720 (4 cores) @ 3.6 ghz can't hear you over the sound of how AWESOME it is.

I say shenanigans.

I tried it; a couple days afterwards my CS started crashing to desktop for no reason. I went back to non-beta and no more crashes. Too bad, because the webkit browser was pretty nice. The current Community Browser sucks balls.