Sign in to follow this  
Empire

Remelia Scarlet

Server 2 prides itself on being the BALANCED wc3 server.

Simple fact is this...

If you come up behind a remalia...pump 350dmg in 10 shots into its back and the player has time to still turn around and just pop you in the head.....that is just dumb.

Maybe if it had no +hp per kill or evade it MIGHT be a little more balanced.

Hmm... what if you got rid of the deagle and made it five-seven only? Then you could make it a lot stronger and not have it 1deag you in the face all the time, so more skill-based. That'd be interesting...

Hmm... what if you got rid of the deagle and made it five-seven only? Then you could make it a lot stronger and not have it 1deag you in the face all the time, so more skill-based. That'd be interesting...

I like this idea.

its much more balanced now

have you guys played against it recently?

it's still hard to kill, but chest shots do a lot more damage, and they don't evade full dmg from other parts of their body (able to deagle a remelia w/ a granthad)

LoL I've easly had to do as low as 250 and easly as high as 480 damage to some remilias even since the changes ...

I would approach changing them a little differently now that i have thought about it. I would swap back any changes made other then the knife damage multiplier and just restrict the secondary weapon enhancer shopmenu item from use on this race. Increasing the skill with a deagle required to play it. Most times when you end up doing 350+ damage its from a remilia whos got the 50 clip enhancement and is just spraying chest shots and leeching

alright, 400 dmg to it is basically what used to be at its LOWEST level before the nerf. Now 400d seems to be the top. I have been able to kill remelias fairly easily now, chest shots do extremely a lot of dmg (like 3 m4 shots to the chest kills it.

i think it's fine as it is now

Last night I did 662 in 15 hits with an M4 and 450 in 12 to a Remelia (first one I was Granthad, second was Succubus) and only killed the first with a headshot. Both were point-blank range (maybe 5-8 feet between me and the Remelia), full spray with M4. I swear I had an easier time killing Remelias before they got "fixed"... I wish I had screenshots but I don't know how to take a screenshot of my console. My printscreen application doesn't do fullscreen apps for some reason.

Judge is weak in the middle of a firefight; I've never had a problem taking out a judge, mainly because of its slow speed. Remelia is just troublesome because it evades headshots instantly, and can cover long distances quickly with LJ. By the time you are done spraying at it from a long distance it can jump right next to you and 50cal your face. In the hands of a good player Remelia is a tough ass cookie to kill.

It seems to me like this is the real issue. It isn't that the race is overpowered by itself, it's that the people using it are just good players. Any good player can whore virtually any race as long as they try, but if you get someone like me on Remilia, I doubt I'd last longer than two seconds in a firefight. Why? Because I'm not a very good player.

The Remilia does have some obnoxious skills if the player knows how to exploit them, but overall the race is only as good as the person playing it.

Any good player can whore virtually any race as long as they try...

Sorry but this statement is false...

If you notice, all of the 'good' players, me included, play races that we like and almost none other. We all play Incubus, Keeper, Succubus, Human, Orc Gen, and so on. We play mostly top tier races that usually have some obvious advantage (or two) over the majority of races.

I bet if us 'good' players were to play say, Gunslinger or Keldon Warlord or Rakdos, just to name a few, we would get no where near the usual 3:1 or 4:1 ratios that we would get on our other races.

For instance, I like races that do something to the other player, whether it be slow, banish, fire, freeze, etc. Darko plays (mostly) only races that have LJ. Everyone sticks to their favorite races. And thats the main reason we do better. Most of the other players in the server are always leveling different races and usually don't have the full power of the race.

It's still overpowered, even with the evasion balances. I always end up doing 300+ damage to it and dying when it still has over 100 HP left. Nobody except zombies should survive a full M4 spray point-blank, especially if that someone has a 50-clip deagle they can unload into my face.

I think it comes down to the fact that the deagle is far too powerful. I agree with Noire; if you remove the 50-clip deagle it won't be something to bitch about. If after seven deagle shots they haven't killed you, they deserve to die.

LOL this is still an issue? I get lit up by remelias as often as I kill them but I don't think it's OP. Just try to break yourself of the 'aim for the head' mentallity you have with every other race. The Deagle is too powerful. . . I don't see anyone complaining about granthad, juggernaut, or Boros. . . And all three of them start with an extended-clip deagle. granthad and juggernaut have 170 HP along with it and the ability to buy more. That + chainmail = rape.

LOL this is still an issue? I get lit up by remelias as often as I kill them but I don't think it's OP. Just try to break yourself of the 'aim for the head' mentallity you have with every other race. The Deagle is too powerful. . . I don't see anyone complaining about granthad, juggernaut, or Boros. . . And all three of them start with an extended-clip deagle. granthad and juggernaut have 170 HP along with it and the ability to buy more. That + chainmail = rape.

Then you realize Boros fails :D

Remelia isn't that OP as long as you know how to strafe.

how many of these have evasion + gains hp?

On paper alone, maybe it doesnt seem like its op, but from the testimony of players, it would seem that maybe the codes are not working in game as they would have appeared to work on paper (65% might not sound like a lot of evasion, but that means you have a 30% higher chance to dodge a shot than get hit by it. [65% chance to dodge = 35% chance to be hit = 30% higher chance])

I have an idea to technically nerf it a little more without really nerfing it. When it gets hit and it evades the shot, make the remilias screen flash a transparent red, messing up their vision a little. That way you do not need to nerf the health or evasion down any more but they will not be able to take assloads of fire and function fine.

I like the idea teflon, but when anyone goes into a fire fight who has evasion, your bound to evade some shit, and the screen flashing red is only going to make it impossible for them to shoot anyone.

no clip extension sounds good, but i still think its fine

@bonghit - i do extremely well w/ granthad now (practicing my deagle aiming) <-- people complain about how much HP i have.

Honestly, I'm just down for it not being able to have the clip extension. I think that'd solve a majority of the issues.

Agreed, although for me, its easy to kill, the clip extension just makes it completely unstoppable if you don't kill it with your primary >.>

Sign in to follow this