Sign in to follow this  
Longcat

I Love Curling

It's fuking awesome, you get brooms and you get to brush the floor, just like being a maid :D

Haha. I tried watching curling, but just can't handle watching it.

As you said brushing the floor like a maid.

Guest Horny©at

I hope you know not every rink is the same and your dot was probably huge compared to those at the olympics

Curling is a woman sport. iT would be gay to see a guy do that. no offense to anyone who likes the sport

Nah its not gay that guys do it. They probably like

it or are good at it. Its just a preference of people.

There is no really being gay just cause you play curling.

Oh and curling isn't a woman's sport because its not as easy as you think it is.

Its sorta hard if you have tried it. :P

I hope you know not every rink is the same and your dot was probably huge compared to those at the olympics

Yes, but its where all local tourneys are played so its probably regulation.

Canada is great a curling.. possibly the only thing were good at :(

You're definitely better than both the women's and men's curling team from USA. Debbie McCormick and John Schuster are the two least clutch skippers I have ever seen.

I'm watching it and everything, how is the scoring set up?

Oh snaps, a chance to share useless knowledge.

Curling is set up into 10 ends which are like innings in baseball. In each end, each team throws 8 stones attempting to score points which are granted by position within the target(called the house). The rock closest to the center(called the button) within the house at the end of the end is called shot rock and will be worth a point. Only the team with the shot rock has a chance to gain a point in an end. Additional points are gained when you have additional rocks closer to the button than your opponent does. So if you had a rock on the button and one in the 3rd ring but your opponent had a rock in the 2nd ring, you would get 1 point. If you had 1 rock on the button, another rock in the 2nd ring and 1 in the fourth ring but your opponent had one in the 3rd ring, you would get 2 points since the opponent's nearest rock was ahead of your rock in the 3rd ring.

Other useful terms: Hammer - The last rock thrown in an end. If a team scores in an end then they go first in the next end, granting the opposing team the hammer for that next end. Because of this it is often useful to knock out all remaining rocks when you have the hammer so that you retain the hammer in the next round. This is called clearing the house and you are likely to see this in the last few ends.