Sign in to follow this  
Howard Dean

In Regards to the Community.

/Signed

I do have a suggestion, i don't know if this is possible nor do i know if it is impossible.

However the idea i have come up with is that like you said howard, that if they are banned from the server's then there banned from the forum's and visaversa, however would it be possible to make a new plugin for server's and forum. Were if you are perma banned from the server's for w/e reason's, then you are perma banned from the whole forum apart from the complaint's area ( you might want to appeal even though it is futile) and if you're banned from the forum's then your banned from the server's as well?.

So on a scale of 1/10 how possible is this? or is this just a silly idea in general :(

Good too know it is possible, thought it might be something to far fetched.

I'll leave the rest upto you guy's to discuss on that suggestion then, i hope that something doe's get done. Would love to be able to post a thread these day's without it being trolled in at least once :(

Alright I sortve summed up what I presume are the main topics at hand

Could we allow them to see who is bant

Have biweekly / monthly status reports of where money is going in the clan.

For some (not all) of the staff threads make them public after shit has been decided.

Possibly make FFA for all and have another FFA for those who are l3 and over.

Make an example of someone and ban someone most of us can agree on we do not like and is a troll (hobo comes to mind).

Infractions are good but make it so the punishments are harsher after youve accumulated a couple. IE... 3 infractions = 1 week ban from everything, no more slap on the wrists, be blunt.

For every person who posts a picture of theirself, tell them and make sure they want to post that picture so they didnt make a mistake.

Make the recruitment 16+ no more exceptions. All those who are under will be allowed to stay in, we will allow those under 16 to post in forums etc, but not join the clan.

Guest Mr Clickerson

For some (not all) of the staff threads make them public after shit has been decided.

Make an example of someone and ban someone most of us can agree on we do not like and is a troll (hobo comes to mind).

Infractions are good but make it so the punishments are harsher after youve accumulated a couple. IE... 3 infractions = 1 week ban from everything, no more slap on the wrists, be blunt.

For every person who posts a picture of theirself, tell them and make sure they want to post that picture so they didnt make a mistake.

Make the recruitment 16+ no more exceptions. All those who are under will be allowed to stay in, we will allow those under 16 to post in forums etc, but not join the clan.

I'd say get rid of the FFA all together, considering you want the trolling to quit. If you have an FFA, it will allow the existing trolls to stick around just fine, just as they have the entire time, and continue to bend/push the rules and boundaries of the clan.

My emphasis.

This seems stupid, and kinda pointless: Possibly make FFA for all and have another FFA for those who are l3 and over.

It is a "reward" for being in the clan X long. Seems silly to duplicate something everyone has.

I'm just tired of the drama bullshit, grandstands, and failing to link to any form of proof. Since it was said so well on page 4 I believe:

The main problem I have ever had with staff is that they keep shit in their pants so that we can't get ahold of it without looking gay. Every single fucking time something is going to the shitter the government here keeps it concealed. For example lets say clay steals a bunch of money from the clan, then someone would make a thread saying "regarding a certain member" and this thread would never mention clay or what was actually going on leaving everyone to do guesswork and formulate broscience opinions on everything. This leads to more problems than it solves. BE MORE FUCKING STRAIGHTFORWARD WITH US. DON'T HIDE SHIT WHEN THERE IS NO REASON TO. ITS FUCKING ANNOYING.

Also I see that everytime someone becomes a staff member, they stop playing css. This leads to them not giving a shit about the community because they aren't a part of a big portion of what this community is. This doesn't happen to every staff member, but it is very obvious when it happens.

Also also, quit playing favorites. The newer staff aren't guilty of it as much as the older staff was. If a new member messages you on xfire with a question or a request. Don't ignore them just because they aren't your best buddy.

Anyway. /signed

--SIGNED--

That's what I'm fuckin talking about Howard. That's one of the main reasons I wasn't posting on the forums as much because 90% of the people BESIDES staff that post on here were guilty of being trolls as soon as they had an oppurtunity. Trolling does nothing for the community and I am curious to see how certain key trollers will be able to handle this over time.

Guest Mr Clickerson
Im glad we can agree on something zeus.. If FFA is kept there is something for trolls to do, if it's not then maybe that would diminish the issue.

Yes... It seemed like a good idea at first, as Junzou thought it would reduce the amount of trolling in the regular forums... Well, it's become just another regular forum, and it still hasn't saved the rest of the board from trolling. Much of it is about garnishing attention in some way or another, whether it be to make a point or just because you want some sort of shock. You don't get that in the FFA because it's expected, and it's OK. It's like when a little kid throws a temper tantrum and their mother's tell them it's OK that they're drawing all over the walls and tearing up their bedroom, they're just going to keep getting worse and worse until the desired effect is achieved.

Been here about a year. Trolling doesn't seem to be that bad. The only thing I disagree with as far as trolling goes is PIP violations because they usually result in real life problems instead of keeping it on the internets. People need to stop taking things at face value.

Oh and this is being said with absolutely no intent for trolling, but...

This is turning into eGO and I left eGO. The way this thread has been going you all want a civilized community that is perfect in all aspects. Well the truth is that shit just isn't going to happen which is why eGO didn't work for a lot of people.

People also like to blame management and although there are definitely a lot of management problems (Ban repeals/unwarranted bans) that is always going to be the case. Some people on the internet simply can't get along with others. When administration can learn to throw away bias and when players can learn to stop taking things to the heart when being trolled we MIGHT have a fun clan.

Yes I said it, a FUN clan. You know, what this clan used to be when I first joined?

I abstain on signing just because this is way too radical and will result in bans on over half the clan (Most of which aren't even half bad as long as you don't try to troll them). Sure we nerds go a little too far with trolling sometimes and a definite line needs to be drawn, but this is way too over the top.

I agree to the FFA thing. It's going to give them the ability to stick around, and eventually push the boundaries again. IMO. Have a L3+ area ONLY. No giving it out to random people, and that's where you can go with your privileges of being in the clan for quite a while. Don't allow trolling to go on there either. Maybe, this is where the staff should first post their ideas when 'going public' with the things they have been discussing. That way the older members can give their input before it's put out to the entire community. Or if you're done hearing input, they can just be the first to see.

Well the overwhelming majority see trolling as a problem, sure, we like to dick around A LOT, but people troll way over what should be allowed... This is not anywhere close to eGO if you trolled once you would be gone, for christs sake they do not even allow cussing.

Oh the joys of eGO. I was actually in eGO before I came here...actually go persuaded to leave eGO for UV. eGO is probably twice the size of this place in relation to number of members and staff. If you troll once you would definately be gone. Staff don't play favorites. You cannot cuss on the server or forums and guess what...it fucking worked....sure you lose the occasional douche bag but you gained many members every day. It is a place where young kids can go and play without getting raped and trolled to hell...that is why they are as big as they are.

I for one wouldn't shed a tear if the FFA went. I see where MagicRatt is going but I think we have to stop it somewhere. Not just in the thread but also the blatant racism that goes on. Everything from certain names to the all out derogatory name calling. If it is innuendo then it showed be taken care of the same way as if obviously implied/stated. The FFA is where most of this shit starts. Whatever the age that we allow recruitment to start we need to look at not only the age but also the level of maturity. Not only the people we let join but who we allow to be admins on the servers.I might go as far as to say that the (staff current and future) should be vote in by community members. That way it is based on what we as a community want. Sure the staff are going to have last or first word on who is accepted.

Guest Fohacidal

FFA doesnt start shit, people start shit. Simple as that

FFA doesnt start shit, people start shit. Simple as that

By having a rule free area where it is allowed is going to let it spill over into the rest of the forums. The FFA area is just a place for the trolls to hang out till they inevitably come out of the hole and strike.

This is just my opinion. As such I will leave it as is.

Guest Fohacidal
By having a rule free area where it is allowed is going to let it spill over into the rest of the forums. The FFA area is just a place for the trolls to hang out till they inevitably come out of the hole and strike.

This is just my opinion. As such I will leave it as is.

Obviously you are wrong, its the same as basing the assumption that games are evil because violence spills over into people. It just doesnt work that way, people are inherently evil and bad natured, this is something that doesnt come as a result when a means of uncensured speech is provided. What you are looking for is an excuse, a SCAPEGOAT to blame in the whole situation. Just because you cant reason why someone would be as malicious as to do what was done doesnt allow you to become completely ignorant of whats going on and blame the first thing to come to your mind. Simply put you give someone incentive to troll (such as pictures, embarrasing posts or dumb mistakes) they will take advantage of it and troll. In the end there has been trolling before the FFA and there will continue to be trolling after the FFA and its simple as that, if you want to ignore facts go right ahead but youll feel like an idiot afterwards.

Guest Mr Clickerson
Obviously you are wrong, its the same as basing the assumption that games are evil because violence spills over into people. It just doesnt work that way, people are inherently evil and bad natured, this is something that doesnt come as a result when a means of uncensured speech is provided. What you are looking for is an excuse, a SCAPEGOAT to blame in the whole situation. Just because you cant reason why someone would be as malicious as to do what was done doesnt allow you to become completely ignorant of whats going on and blame the first thing to come to your mind. Simply put you give someone incentive to troll (such as pictures, embarrasing posts or dumb mistakes) they will take advantage of it and troll. In the end there has been trolling before the FFA and there will continue to be trolling after the FFA and its simple as that, if you want to ignore facts go right ahead but youll feel like an idiot afterwards.

If you're a mature member of the community, you can go without trolling or the need of a place to allow you to do so without punishment. Simple as that.

Obviously you are wrong, its the same as basing the assumption that games are evil because violence spills over into people.

well there was this kid. and his mom stopped paying the internet bill to try and cut his addiction to css. and he stabbed her. 17 times.

just saying.

well there was this kid. and his mom stopped paying the internet bill to try and cut his addiction to css. and he stabbed her. 17 times.

just saying.

It's not like he thought he was going to run faster with a knife, and if he was TRULY addicted to CSS, he would have only right clicked her twice. 17 left clicks is an overkill.

It's not like he thought he was going to run faster with a knife, and if he was TRULY addicted to CSS, he would have only right clicked her twice. 17 left clicks is an overkill.

He was one of those players that crouches over the body after he killed the enemy and slashes at their body.