Sign in to follow this  
Oracion

WCS#1 Map Rotation Changes

Posting this here now so we can get it out of the way.

I want to get a general consensus of maps that we can add/get rid of since my FTP is ready to go and I'd ideally like to get some maps that people don't play off, and some better maps added on.

So with the help from the general WCS community, post below maps you want added/removed.

If you want a map added/removed, explain to me WHY it should be added/removed. I don't want someone saying "Dust bcuz it suks" or some bullshit like that. Legit reasons = faster addition/removal if many people agree.

With that in mind, post below the name of the map, link to the download and reasons why it is good/bad and we'll look into them in the future. Sound good? Good. Go for it guys.

Map List

de_3rdstreet

de_alivemetal

cs_assaultvilla_v3

cs_assault

de_aztec

cs_bog

de_beroth

de_candybar

de_cbble

de_chateau

cs_compound

de_contra

de_cpl_fire

de_cpl_mill

de_cpl_strike

de_deathcookin

cs_desperados

de_dolls_2008_fixed

de_dust

de_dust2

de_dust2_unlimited

de_dustanesi

egon_world_opiate_cut

cs_havana

de_icewerk

de_inferno

cs_italy

de_losttemple

cs_militia

de_nightfever

de_nuke

cs_office

de_outlaws

cs_parkhouse

de_piranesi

de_port

de_prodigy

de_rush

de_season

knas_speedcastle_css_v4

de_train

de_tides

de_vegas_lite

de_westwood

Deathcookin is a map that should be in contention for getting removed. Why? It's a big giant campfest, with only one bombsite. It's very difficult to rush on it, and after a few rounds the map inevitably turns into an awpfest until it gets RTVed.

Knas_Speedcastle_css_v4 due to the fact that theres no objective. Rounds arn't over till all sides are dead so round limit can hit 0 and the round is still going on. Which leads to people camping.

Antzfarm... shit I dont know the whole name but its the only antz map on the server :/

It is just a giant explosive fuck-fest with jihad being top of team in no time >.>

also the bombsite is teleported to and can be camped by cts easily, killing the ts as soon as they teleport or vice versa

Antzfarm... shit I dont know the whole name but its the only antz map on the server :/

It is just a giant explosive fuck-fest with jihad being top of team in no time >.>

also the bombsite is teleported to and can be camped by cts easily, killing the ts as soon as they teleport or vice versa

That was gotten rid of yesterday. Shouldn't be on the rotation.

As to Speedcastle/deathcookin, any more opinions?

Speedcastle is generally okay, but without an admin on it leads to long, drawn out maps. I'd say we should keep it on due to the frequency of admins, and the fact that it's not played much anymore anyway.

Can we get a full text list of the maps on the server? It's easier to judge them that way.

My *ADD* Map suggestions:

de_vertigo_css_night - http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/8492 - it's a cool map, set inside a tower. It's pretty big, and there's some good places to hide. I think this would work really well on WCS1.

cs_deadhouse - http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/17843 - I fucking love this map, it's so cool. It's kind of a T-sided map, but most of the time the teams end up pretty balanced on deadhouse. It's big and can be confusing, though. We had this map on the server before and it seemed like a lot of people wanted to play it.

de_dust_pcg - http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/5491 - I don't know what was wrong with this map before, it was a pretty nice map for WCS.

My *REMOVE* Map suggestions:

cs_desperados - last time I played on this map it was bugged; the hostages wouldn't move. It's also a GIANT camp-fest and sniper-fest. Not fun to play on at all, really.

de_candybar - I don't like this map because it's too big and too open and too T-sided. I've never played candybar where the Ts haven't dominated the CTs for the majority of the map. It also can degenerate into an awpfest. Other than that, it's not too bad - I guess other people like this map. I don't.

de_alivemetal - too open, too kind to snipers. Not a whole lot of options on this map; Ts have only two ways to rush, and CTs often get stacked to the point where they're LJing to T spawn and massacreing everyone.

cs_havana - really big, really confusing. I've also never seen it played on the server.

My *UNSURE* Map suggestions:

cs_parkhouse - a decent map, but most games on parkhouse turn into a campfest. I think the hostages might be broken.

egon_world_opiate_cut - it's really big and people camp a lot. The rounds are always dragged on for a while on this map.

Personally I'd like to see more map variety on the server. Is there some way to change the "random mapvote list" to hit the custom maps harder and pick the stock maps (italy, cbble, dust2, dust, office, etc) less often?

So I have a small handful of suggestions and that's it so far?

Hope you guys are looking things up... cause I'm not hitting this server again for map removal/addition after this week for awhile.

de_candybar

Not removal but moved to admin change only list...

Camp fest/ usually rtv'd within 5 rounds/ plant site way way way to terrorist biased.. would be alright when babysat by an admin but without this the map is like licking a plunger thats been well used and never cleaned.

would make suggestions but i really am lacking in css map play experience lol and sorry about calling you ori I really have no clue why I read your name wrong so many times ...

My *ADD* Map suggestions:

de_vertigo_css_night - http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/8492 - it's a cool map, set inside a tower. It's pretty big, and there's some good places to hide. I think this would work really well on WCS1.

cs_deadhouse - http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/17843 - I fucking love this map, it's so cool. It's kind of a T-sided map, but most of the time the teams end up pretty balanced on deadhouse. It's big and can be confusing, though. We had this map on the server before and it seemed like a lot of people wanted to play it.

de_dust_pcg - http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/5491 - I don't know what was wrong with this map before, it was a pretty nice map for WCS.

My *REMOVE* Map suggestions:

cs_desperados - last time I played on this map it was bugged; the hostages wouldn't move. It's also a GIANT camp-fest and sniper-fest. Not fun to play on at all, really.

de_candybar - I don't like this map because it's too big and too open and too T-sided. I've never played candybar where the Ts haven't dominated the CTs for the majority of the map. It also can degenerate into an awpfest. Other than that, it's not too bad - I guess other people like this map. I don't.

de_alivemetal - too open, too kind to snipers. Not a whole lot of options on this map; Ts have only two ways to rush, and CTs often get stacked to the point where they're LJing to T spawn and massacreing everyone.

cs_havana - really big, really confusing. I've also never seen it played on the server.

My *UNSURE* Map suggestions:

cs_parkhouse - a decent map, but most games on parkhouse turn into a campfest. I think the hostages might be broken.

egon_world_opiate_cut - it's really big and people camp a lot. The rounds are always dragged on for a while on this map.

Personally I'd like to see more map variety on the server. Is there some way to change the "random mapvote list" to hit the custom maps harder and pick the stock maps (italy, cbble, dust2, dust, office, etc) less often?

I think we need more maps with decent camping spots and about cs_havana i love wide spread maps. It was played at like 3 in the morning in toronto O_O

So right now, it's looking like getting rid of maps with no obj or bad maps as I'm doing told.

List to remove so far due to unpopularity/badness:

de_candybar

cs_desperados

knas_speedcastle

de_alivemetal

I still need opinions guys. Keep them coming. I'm trying to get the community to tell me what is good and not there, so get your friends to come here and post opinions.

yeah same here

if we could keep speedcastle, but just reduce the length time by a min. it would be fine!

Unfortunately the length of time doesn't make a difference on speedcastle. Once the timer reaches 0:00, nothing happens. There needs to be an auto-slay at end of round for anything to happen, but how do you determine who wins?

That said, I love speedcastle from the old days :( every time it was on the map vote everyone would yell for it. this was a long time ago, though... the days of cherry and kyle

I agree with Blaze on SpeedCastle and with Knifemaster on Antfarmz. Assualt I dont think should be on as it is a major campfest even with the counter-terrorist which causes the rounds to go on til the time is up which leaves you on that map for over an hour if no one rtvs. It is also a very one sided map in favor of Terrorist, never have I seen a final score in favor of CT's which leads to team stacking and an extreme bore fest.

New map list before new additions. In addition to this, the 'recently played' counter will probably be bumped up to 9-10 instead of the 6 it's on now.

de_3rdstreet

cs_assaultvilla_v3

cs_assault

de_aztec

cs_bog

de_beroth

de_cbble

de_chateau

cs_compound

de_contra

de_cpl_fire

de_cpl_mill

de_cpl_strike

de_deathcookin

de_dolls_2008_fixed

de_dust

de_dust2

de_dust2_unlimited

de_dustanesi

cs_havana

de_icewerk

de_inferno

cs_italy

de_losttemple

cs_militia

de_nuke

cs_office

de_outlaws

de_piranesi

de_port

de_prodigy

de_rush

de_season

de_train

de_vegas_lite

de_westwood

Last day to give opinions, else this is how it'll be plus a few new maps.

Did I mention I think deathcookin and havana should be removed? Havana is too confusing and isn't a good map even after you learn it; deathcookin is a complete snipefest and isn't any fun at all.

Also I had a thought - there are some maps we rarely rarely play, but really aren't that bad at all (de_chateau, de_rush, de_outlaws are a few). What if we set up a normal rotating nextmap, and mapvote as usual. if the winning map doesn't pass approval with 30% of the players, we skip it and go on to what the nextmap should've been. This is a good way to play maps that are rarely played, I guess... but it might not be useful if the recently played counter is going to be bumped.

I wish people on this server were more receptive to new maps; the last time we went to cs_bog 5/11 people RTVed before the first round was over.

Did I mention I think deathcookin and havana should be removed? Havana is too confusing and isn't a good map even after you learn it; deathcookin is a complete snipefest and isn't any fun at all.

Also I had a thought - there are some maps we rarely rarely play, but really aren't that bad at all (de_chateau, de_rush, de_outlaws are a few). What if we set up a normal rotating nextmap, and mapvote as usual. if the winning map doesn't pass approval with 30% of the players, we skip it and go on to what the nextmap should've been. This is a good way to play maps that are rarely played, I guess... but it might not be useful if the recently played counter is going to be bumped.

I wish people on this server were more receptive to new maps; the last time we went to cs_bog 5/11 people RTVed before the first round was over.

I can look at deathcookin a bit but Havana I want to keep in for now since it has only been in for only a week or two tops.

The map things I'd have to talk to Yiyas about. I was already going to increase the 'recently played' number to 10 from 6 so that there is more maps being played. As to the rtv, I could probably see if we can disallow it until 5-7 rounds have passed.

assaultvilla and dustanesi should be met with a boot

beroth and d2 unlimited should be debatable.

one has material issues and the other ... well that is self explanatory.

its like adding in dust2 night or any other d2 maps

de_3rdstreet

de_alivemetal

cs_assaultvilla_v3 - I think the hosties are broken, but I haven't played the map recently so I don't know.

cs_assault

de_aztec

cs_bog

de_beroth

de_candybar Map needs to be removed as you can walk on invisible grounds ontop of the roofs. Easily accessable due to low gravity and teleporting races. Also makes it very easy to rush to other spawn by teleporting all the way to the other spawn side.

de_cbble

de_chateau

cs_compound

de_contra

de_cpl_fire

de_cpl_mill

de_cpl_strike

de_deathcookin

cs_desperados - Hosties are broken, remove it until there is a fixed map version.

de_dolls_2008_fixed - Map is extremely CT sided. Only 1 bomb site and a camping map. Rounds take too long if no one is willing to do objective. It isn't a great map.

de_dust

de_dust2

de_dust2_unlimited - not really needed, I don't see much difference except a 3rd bombsite. Can be removed or kept, just saying that it's not really a good map to play on as it is just de_dust2 with extra pathways.

de_dustanesi - Not a very good map and people can camp on the rooftops and snipe people without having to be seen at all. There are some spots in where you can skywalk that are only accessable via teleport or very low gravity. Some out of bound areas, fix all the problem areas and this map will be playable.

egon_world_opiate_cut

cs_havana

de_icewerk

de_inferno

cs_italy

de_losttemple

cs_militia

de_nightfever

de_nuke

cs_office

de_outlaws

cs_parkhouse - remove till hosties map fix version is available. Hosties won't move unless pushed.

de_piranesi

de_port

de_prodigy

de_rush

de_season

knas_speedcastle_css_v4 - Stick with the original speedcastle version if you want a speedcastle. This map is heavily sided to whichever team uses more sniping or rushing skills than it being balanced. I don't really recommend keeping this map in the rotation, but whatever.

de_train

de_tides

de_vegas_lite

de_westwood - Definitely CT sided heavily. Most often, Ts lose and scores end up being 20+ for CTs and roughly 5 wins for T side. There isn't enough distance between the T and CT spawn to allow for in a WCS server and thus, Ts can be supressed before they have even reached halfway to either bomb sites, both of which, are very close to CT spawn.

all the maps that I've highlighted in red are maps that I request to be removed.

cs_assaultvilla_v3 - I think the hosties are broken, but I haven't played the map recently so I don't know.

de_dolls_2008_fixed - Map is extremely CT sided. Only 1 bomb site and a camping map. Rounds take too long if no one is willing to do objective. It isn't a great map.

@assaultvilla, hosties are broken, but its still fun to run around w/ Night vision goggles

@ dolls... its a T sided map

completely, they start off on top, and can easily just smash any ct who goes up vents by 1 fast teleport

Sign in to follow this