Sign in to follow this  
bios

Current State of WCS#1

Where do I begin? As some of you know, I have a history with WCS#1 and UV. I have seen things go through lots of changes, etc. In a nutshell, there are some things I would like to bring to light and some issues I would like to address. I will go down the list. Now before I begin I'd like to take a second and say one thing. Yiyas, you do a hell of a job. In no way am I criticizing you and what you've done for this server. THANK YOU YIYAS FOR KEEPING IT ALIVE!! I'm sure that I speak for everyone by saying thank you for all your time and hard work.

1. WCS mod version- I have found some issues with the WCS mod versions and the old race code. It turns out that since the update from .75, race code actually works the way it's supposed to. So MANY of the old values that functioned correctly before are not working at all now. Values for the skill points actually barely work because they are reading correctly. I suggest changing some of these to match the way the original wcs mod played. (If this doesn't make sense I will explain it to you on vent or in game or something)

2. Races- There are so many races now that just can't compete against the few good races. There are so many races, it's almost impossible to keep up with all the changes you need to make to the racefile to keep things balanced. I'm not complaining about there being so many races. I love diversity, as long as it's balanced and plays well. But with so much to look at, how can anyone with a life and a job, friends etc., keep up with that? Maybe it's just me, but I see so many issues with so many races. Abilities work half the time(meaning they don't work the way they were designed to), some things don't work at all, etc. The new banish is out of control. You did a great job with recoding it, but those abilities do need to be nerfed to reflect how awesome the banish is now. Cetain knife races like KJ and Infected are very overpowered. Infected literally can determine which team is stacked and which one is not. Since the players can just run through shit, they push the lines back and players can follow the infected and just rape everyone shooting at the zombie. It causes huge issues in the server. If there are 2 zombies it without a doubt always stacks the teams.

3. Team Stacking- First of all. It's not really anybodies fault that the teams get stacked. On the other hand, It is the admins and players job to try and keep things fun and fair. Admins and players need to do a better job of getting this under control. There are so many that do absolutely noting about it. I know that every time I am in the server, I have to move people. It never fails, and half the time other admins are on and do nothing about it. It makes it a lot less fun for me if every 5 minutes I have to switch people. I don't mind doing it, I just am asking for everyone else to help out with this if you can.

4. Maps- The maplist is junk. Not that all the maps are bad. On the contrary, they are quite good. But MANY need to be cut out. When the mapvote comes up we usually have a choice of 4 shitty maps and one decent one. 80% of the time it goes to dolls which I dread and truly hate. I think we should keep the maplist simple yet good. Keep the classics and expand on those same themes. The problem is that a lot of the maps we have are just bad or broken maps that aren't fun. Most were designed by regular mappers who had no intention of people flying around.

5. Whoring- As you know, people still whore races and exploit weaknesses in the ability to control certain powers. Yes, this has always been so. The difference is that it has almost become irrelevant to admins. Nobody has enforced the whoring rules and I doubt it ever will under the current system. The clan IMO, has taken a bad direction. This is supposed to be a democracy but the redundancy in that will probably just make things slower. Because not one person can make the call on race whoring, the rule will become unenforceable and pointless. People that don't play WCS are in the clan, and a lot of the staff don't play, so they don't give a fuck and have very little idea of the problem that this is. Trying to get these people to agree to something that may be warranted will not happen. I just believe that just like the government, too many heads of state will fuckin bullshit each other until nothing gets done. It will happen. And Cass, don't think it's only you that would be a target. You are far from the only thing to worry about. Just stop being an arrogant bastard with something to prove. We know you are good, you don't have anything to prove to us. We don't really give a fuck how good you are. Just give those trying to learn a chance. You owe that considering you have spent countless hours in that server without doing any work on it and very little adminning.

All in all, I hope this brought some of the major issues out into the light. As you may know, I can be a real bastard. I don't really care what people think of me, but I just want people to know, it's for a reason. So many things are not looked at because of the I don't give a fuck attitude. I'm here to help with whatever I can, I have been all along.

Where do I begin? As some of you know, I have a history with WCS#1 and UV. I have seen things go through lots of changes, etc. In a nutshell, there are some things I would like to bring to light and some issues I would like to address. I will go down the list. Now before I begin I'd like to take a second and say one thing. Yiyas, you do a hell of a job. In no way am I criticizing you and what you've done for this server. THANK YOU YIYAS FOR KEEPING IT ALIVE!! I'm sure that I speak for everyone by saying thank you for all your time and hard work.

1. WCS mod version- I have found some issues with the WCS mod versions and the old race code. It turns out that since the update from .75, race code actually works the way it's supposed to. So MANY of the old values that functioned correctly before are not working at all now. Values for the skill points actually barely work because they are reading correctly. I suggest changing some of these to match the way the original wcs mod played. (If this doesn't make sense I will explain it to you on vent or in game or something)

2. Races- There are so many races now that just can't compete against the few good races. There are so many races, it's almost impossible to keep up with all the changes you need to make to the racefile to keep things balanced. I'm not complaining about there being so many races. I love diversity, as long as it's balanced and plays well. But with so much to look at, how can anyone with a life and a job, friends etc., keep up with that? Maybe it's just me, but I see so many issues with so many races. Abilities work half the time(meaning they don't work the way they were designed to), some things don't work at all, etc. The new banish is out of control. You did a great job with recoding it, but those abilities do need to be nerfed to reflect how awesome the banish is now. Cetain knife races like KJ and Infected are very overpowered. Infected literally can determine which team is stacked and which one is not. Since the players can just run through shit, they push the lines back and players can follow the infected and just rape everyone shooting at the zombie. It causes huge issues in the server. If there are 2 zombies it without a doubt always stacks the teams.

3. Team Stacking- First of all. It's not really anybodies fault that the teams get stacked. On the other hand, It is the admins and players job to try and keep things fun and fair. Admins and players need to do a better job of getting this under control. There are so many that do absolutely noting about it. I know that every time I am in the server, I have to move people. It never fails, and half the time other admins are on and do nothing about it. It makes it a lot less fun for me if every 5 minutes I have to switch people. I don't mind doing it, I just am asking for everyone else to help out with this if you can.

4. Maps- The maplist is junk. Not that all the maps are bad. On the contrary, they are quite good. But MANY need to be cut out. When the mapvote comes up we usually have a choice of 4 shitty maps and one decent one. 80% of the time it goes to dolls which I dread and truly hate. I think we should keep the maplist simple yet good. Keep the classics and expand on those same themes. The problem is that a lot of the maps we have are just bad or broken maps that aren't fun. Most were designed by regular mappers who had no intention of people flying around.

5. Whoring- As you know, people still whore races and exploit weaknesses in the ability to control certain powers. Yes, this has always been so. The difference is that it has almost become irrelevant to admins. Nobody has enforced the whoring rules and I doubt it ever will under the current system. The clan IMO, has taken a bad direction. This is supposed to be a democracy but the redundancy in that will probably just make things slower. Because not one person can make the call on race whoring, the rule will become unenforceable and pointless. People that don't play WCS are in the clan, and a lot of the staff don't play, so they don't give a fuck and have very little idea of the problem that this is. Trying to get these people to agree to something that may be warranted will not happen. I just believe that just like the government, too many heads of state will fuckin bullshit each other until nothing gets done. It will happen. And Cass, don't think it's only you that would be a target. You are far from the only thing to worry about. Just stop being an arrogant bastard with something to prove. We know you are good, you don't have anything to prove to us. We don't really give a fuck how good you are. Just give those trying to learn a chance. You owe that considering you have spent countless hours in that server without doing any work on it and very little adminning.

All in all, I hope this brought some of the major issues out into the light. As you may know, I can be a real bastard. I don't really care what people think of me, but I just want people to know, it's for a reason. So many things are not looked at because of the I don't give a fuck attitude. I'm here to help with whatever I can, I have been all along.

This.

Alright, lemme respond.

1) No idea about this, probably have the most success by talking to Yiyas.

2) I really don't believe KJ and Infected are OP (Troll is much more OP IMO). People have to learn how to change races to fight these specific races. For ex. Judge rapes zombie + KJ + Troll. Orc General rapes zombie. Lobotomist rapes zombie + KJ.

Some races don't really have counters, such as Keeper or really any LJ race. Roots are meant to kill these, but it's still tough to root them mid-air.

Again, more playtime on the server = better knowledge of what race to use/counter with.

3) Yeah it's a problem. Do admins care? No. That pretty much answers why it isn't fixed yet.

4) Agreed, though Dolls should stay in, too many people like it. (I don't, but I would say 50% of the server likes it)

5) Um, the influx of admins from WCS2 has fixed this problem somewhat. Still annoying when people use the same race over and over again though)

What empire said about the 2nd point can not be stressed enough. And point 3 and 5 are almost pretty much the same thing issue wise. As for these issues, [to anyone playing on the server] just go ahead and take a demo or adequate amount of screenshots with you requesting the teams to be balanced. If no one comply, go ahead and post it in the complaint department. If no one takes care of it in the complaint department properly, keep bitching until something is done.

Maps.. pretty much got to say "Hey Yiyas, dustanesi and the custom offices are broken. Mind removing them?" But don't create 34523 new threads because we all know that someone does not know how to search :(

=> 1) Talking about variables there in the setting line?

What? An Infected can be used for a rushing strategy? Seriously.. Races with good coordination with the whole team SHOULD be able to impact the outcome otherwise it'd be a pretty weak race, imo. And the reason you think KJ is overpowered is because, truthfully, its something you're not use to. KJ rapes noobs, it just happens, but any player thats been here for awhile would know how to counter/look for it.

As for why people don't think Troll is OP, there is only a handful of people CAPABLE of playing Troll effectively. :3

What? An Infected can be used for a rushing strategy? Seriously.. Races with good coordination with the whole team SHOULD be able to impact the outcome otherwise it'd be a pretty weak race, imo. And the reason you think KJ is overpowered is because, truthfully, its something you're not use to. KJ rapes noobs, it just happens, but any player thats been here for awhile would know how to counter/look for it.

As for why people don't think Troll is OP, there is only a handful of people CAPABLE of playing Troll effectively. :3

This.

Also, I found out why Infected is a bit tougher. Apparently you can't knife people for health anymore, so the regen was increased a lot to compensate. However, if you simply change race, it'll still die pretty fast.

As to the OP, yeah, there are issues going on which need to be fixed up. It's a server and player thing which will probably stay how it is, but we'll all try to make it better as we play.

Totally true. Back when i even had the troll race, i had serious problems leveling it up because i just didn't know how to use the race effectively. It really depends on who is using the race rather than what race it is.

Fox, you have hated me from the beginning. If it was up to me, I would rather have you, TTD and maybe Noire (because he would probably try to go for a cock grab) in a big group hug and drop the whole thing. I have nothing to prove anymore skillwise. Put yourself in my shoes, if you had so many people constantly on your dick, threads started, the same 5 people constantly bitching for over a year etc etc, you would be become an arrogant bastard too. I have full respect for this clan, WCS and all the people that put any effort into bringing people playing on our servers. To think that I don't do anything with admin is ridiculous, I always changed people, if anything the more people bitch at me just makes me think I shouldn't bother anymore because I am damned if you I do, damned if I don't type of thing. I can't code and my RL life is WAYYY to hectic to possibly start learning from scratch. I work 6 days a week, bought my first house and I'm moving in on the 10th so I have been busy as shit. I would be more than happy to help as much as possible outside of the server as long as it doesn't have to do with coding/programming.

The fact of the matter is that this a MOD, IT WILL NEVER BE BALANCED. To try and get every map EVEN TEAMS is impossible. IM IN NO WAY SAYING ITS NOT WORTH TRYING, but the bullshit whining really does half to stop. You can only do your best, but in the end as long as both teams have 10+ wins, that should be considered EQUAL.

The BEST part about WCS1 and the most crucial IN MY OPINION...IS HAVING THE RACES BALANCED. We can all 100% agree that WCS1 has a WAY more balanced selection of races than WCS2. That takes ridiculous amount of time and hard work to accomplish. Besides the awesome community of people, that is the main reason I play here almost every fucking day. Most WCS servers you go in to people do NOTHING but complain about the races people are playing. You barely ever see that happen in WCS1 unless it's a new race that needs some balancing or more testing OR is bugged.

To address the current situation, there are 3 MAIN things that need to be done.

1) BANISH....the way to nerf it is up to the coders, but the player is 90% USELESS when banished and it's completely unfair to have it proc on EVERY HIT.

2) No more bitching about KJ or other knife races. I HATE THIS RACE(KJ) BUT, that is one hell of an original idea and gives the sever some serious character.

3) fuck i was gonna write some epic shit, but I got someone picking me up because I am leaving for LAS VEGAS right now until Friday and he is outside. You guys get the point of what I'm trying to say. Pay more attention to bettering the server race/quality wise and NOT pay so much attention to players, ESPECIALLY clan members.

Yiyas you are the man, that's a fact.

Again, cass bringing up my name for no reason. Just goes to show that cass can't get me out of his mind. He must be thinking of me 24/7.

If it was up to me, I would rather have you, TTD and maybe Noire (because he would probably try to go for a cock grab) in a big group hug and drop the whole thing.

So you have homosexual fantasies?

I do a pretty good job keeping the teams balanced. I get it really close to 15/15 if I was in the game the whole time. Doesn't seem all that hard. Why do you think, since we both change players around, people say I balance teams, while you stack them? There had to be a reason for it.

I see a lot of people who get switched off the winning team just leave. . . then when teams auto balance, the other team winds up stacked, repeated ad nauseum. Imho We need to do something about all of them before we worry about who does a better job as an admin.

If the proc rate on banish wasn't so high, you wouldn't see all these people bitching about it. Just lower it like you did for HG's bash and we should be all good. The only knife race I think is OP is troll, but to be fair it's really only an OP rape-your-face race when certain people use it, so I'm not too worried about it.

It's relatively simple to counter knife races:

Judge/Molecule/CT/Cheiron/Glock Monster/night elves/etc.

The human races can work, as can any race with high proc banish. Lightning races can help with kj's and other high invis knife races.

Honestly I don't think we have too many races, I'd actually like to see more races in the 600-1000 range, TA is a really creative high level race(nonexistent headbox issues notwithstanding.). No reason we can't apply that creativity to the lower levels and make leveling interesting again.

What skills are you referring to that barely work? I've had almost no issue since the reinstall other than getting face-raped by hwanted and knifemaster when they're on troll.

I should be able to sort things out soon (just like banish + judge's level bug) but I didn't think things were all that bad. Albiet it would be great to have someone who can code races working with me cause I mainly work on the core files to speed the server up but I get stuff done ey? :P

I've yet to meet someone who can give me good bug reports though... just like the one thing every week whereas I could find 75% of them in a 5-8 hour period.

And Cass is right... it's kinda hard to split the line on racewhoring and good tactics. Though I can not see how a zombie can be whored considering you can go Judge and buthump em.

Oh if you guys didnt notice: WTB Race Coder.

Yiyas I know the main things about coding a race, if you didn't mind teaching more the more advanced things I'd be happy to help you with coding.

I should be able to sort things out soon (just like banish + judge's level bug) but I didn't think things were all that bad. Albiet it would be great to have someone who can code races working with me cause I mainly work on the core files to speed the server up but I get stuff done ey? :P

I've yet to meet someone who can give me good bug reports though... just like the one thing every week whereas I could find 75% of them in a 5-8 hour period.

And Cass is right... it's kinda hard to split the line on racewhoring and good tactics. Though I can not see how a zombie can be whored considering you can go Judge and buthump em.

I have gotten labelled as whoring zombie Yiyas, it is possible. And I was rooted several times, but they just sucked at aiming and the regen is a bit too much. I mean, I could go and rush plant, and get several kills before dieing. I have gone 30 in 5 with just zombie alone. It is quite possible to whore with zombie.

I've gone 25-1 with Zombie before with Cass on the opposite team. Cass rage was had. :3

Again, cass bringing up my name for no reason. Just goes to show that cass can't get me out of his mind. He must be thinking of me 24/7.

It is pretty easy to see that you are quite vindictive of Cass' possible faults.

pick me, pick me. i can make Pedobear races ;)

Zombie can be a pain in the ass, but if there is money available, a 4s roots (judge, night elves, or ring leader, methinks) + double masks of death = about 300-400 HP for the shooter if it's point-blank m4 headshots. This happened a few times on de_dust on a losing CT team for a few maps, I had to rape the entire T team... which was pretty easy considering I had 400 health.

for Anti-infected races - Orb of Frost and a large clip (50clip deagle) $3500

Circu the lobotomist

orc general (rapes, and my personal favorite zombie killer)

trickster assassin (w/ orb and a good placed barrel)

any slow down race that procs a lot...

It is pretty easy to see that you are quite vindictive of Cass' possible faults.

Really? How so? What faults have I even mentioned? Sounds like you are quite vindictive to point out my possible faults. Oh and btw, whats with shouting out to ppl on the server how much you hate me and think I'm stupid?

I guess your post wasn't influenced by your personal opinion at all.

I honestly don't see why folks whine too much over infected and KJ. Any race that doesn't restrict guns can easily deal with them. It's called Pump Shottie + Orb of Frost + Boots of Speed. Trust me, it works 80% of the time.

Plus, we do need to let up on the whining over banish. Yiyas is only... carry the three, divide by pi, input the gravitational constant... one person, and he is doing the best he can. I honestly don't find the new banish too OP, but of course I also don't have great aspirations for success in CS, so what does my opinion matter. Feh. My only issue is a drought of races from 1500 to 2000 and again from 2000 to 2500, which I think leads to some of the whoring issues in the veteran players. In some ways, I can't blame some players for whoring maxed races in an attempt to attain Trickster Assassin.

Finally, on a recent note, we get it!! Noire doesn't like Cass, Cass isn't fond of Noire, and frankly I don't care. I DO care when said argument went on for weeks largely going nowhere and led to Oracion having to close the thread to end the discussion for it to pour over into an unrelated thread trying to discuss ways to improve the server. Things like this just make me want to ragequit this post. You know what? I will!!

- Jeebus Gringo has disconnected from the post.

Sign in to follow this