Sign in to follow this  
Oracion

The "Wait, I don't wanna line up/other" Thread

Continuing from the complaint in CD, I'm wanting to hear your opinions on it here since it's apparently a bigger deal than thought.

My main argument towards this, is that it's not "lining up to get shot" considering it is a game. Granted it probably WILL happen, but at the same time the T is to follow his game accordingly, else it's considered a rebel if he just freeshoots.

Also, what're the thoughts on this "One CT may sit out" junk that's going on? Apparently one person heard it from someone and it got spread like wildfire, even though it says nothing of the sorts in the rules.

Discuss.

CT's shouldn't be able to sit out. period. If you happen to be the last in line you can still shoot him it being you're last CT. At least that's what I've always done. As for lining up, idc if we have to line up it's the end of the round.

i agree with moose, ct's shouldn't be able to sit out.

umm while we are on the subject of this, can we make it a rule to stop the bullshit where people shoot the T after they fulfill one part of their last request? i know i've been shot many times before when i ask for a gun as a last request, then get shot right afterwards because "well he just wanted a gun" make it a rule that unless the T rebels, or says that is my last request you can shoot me, the CT's cannot shoot them.....i have many custom lr's i like to try out but i never get to do them because of this.

i agree with moose, ct's shouldn't be able to sit out.

umm while we are on the subject of this, can we make it a rule to stop the bullshit where people shoot the T after they fulfill one part of their last request? i know i've been shot many times before when i ask for a gun as a last request, then get shot right afterwards because "well he just wanted a gun" make it a rule that unless the T rebels, or says that is my last request you can shoot me, the CT's cannot shoot them.....i have many custom lr's i like to try out but i never get to do them because of this.

If warden asks you what your LR is, and you ask for a gun, then thats your LR you could always say your lr then ask for a gun (99% of the time a ct gives you one before you need to ask)

Honestly if the T says do something for his LR and Warden accepts it then just do it. No harm if you have to line up on a wall. It just seems like the same people (not saying any names) always have a problem with it cause they are to afraid to be killed.

Half the time no one ever complains they just go on and have fun with the game. But like I said its always a select few that whine bitch and moan about lining up on the wall.

I (so far) have not seen ONE rule state these following words.

"A CT doesn't have to line up if a T during his LR says too."

IF I don't see anything along those lines and nothing more as a rule then by god that CT must line up on that wall or switch to T or be killed for not participating in a T's LR. Because in the end honestly Its just a few minutes of death. The game isn't real get over yourselves.

Thats my 2 cents... Good Day

Edited : forgot a word

CT J day is still fun. Yes, it sucks when people goof it up and just do 1 question, 1 shot, 7 dead ct's. That's when it gets shitty.

Look, just think of it this way. A) T earned the LR. B) It tends to be quick LR, meaning game will go quicker. C) it's enjoyable as a dead person.

Like i've said time and time again, I tend to accept these more fun LR's on the basis of speed and enjoyability for those waiting...

On subject, if you are told to line up as a lr under the assumtion that it's not for a 1 shot awp fest, then you should go to teh line and do what the t says. It's a game, good gawd.

Perhaps measures should be taken to prevent to restrict those who abuse LR just as CTs get restricted when they freeshoot/kill. They could be put on a list on the forums that could quickly and easily be pulled up to check if they're on it. But, I'm sure adjustments would have to be made since Server admins don't have the same power on the forums. Just an idea though.

As others have said, if warden accepts the LR, CTs should just follow it through even if it involves lining up. Honestly, who gives a shit other than ICop? It's funny that it's become this big of a deal because of one person. The others who agree are basically just people who don't like CT J Day in general.

it's not really the fact that it's one person, but it is kind of iffy on the rules. the problem comes when old players follow the original rules, and the new players just follow what they have seen.

lol the 1 ct rule thingy... It was around a LOoOooo00ng time ago like LooOo0ngcat long time. 1 ct is allowed to stay out and not participate. but I don't think that ever works well because every ct would want that and it would just cause more problems and delay the game

banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif

Hmmm.. while you bring up some very good points, I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

Now about the ct's lining up, I definitely think the terrorist should be able to order that. It speeds it up and makes it a lot smoother. And if not, then I think having the cts go into some designated area and having the terrorist call them out one by one would be pretty effective as well.

And as for having one ct sit out for the game, it would cause way too many problems. All the cts would complain and want to sit out, and there is really no reason for it at all. Better to just say in the rules that all cts must participate and may not sit out.

I've never really seen many problems with sitting out. Nobody really minds. I understand the line argument though. We'll see how the rules go on Sunday.

Perhaps measures should be taken to prevent to restrict those who abuse LR just as CTs get restricted when they freeshoot/kill.

Are you saying that a T should be restricted for always wanting to do CT Jday? O.o haha i'm confused by this.