Sign in to follow this  
Lesbian Dad

Way to go hackers

I recently joined a game in MW2. I killed one guy. I was rank 34, now I'm level 70 after that one kill. From that kill, I gained a buttload of XP and apparently can also prestige 10 times.

Thought they were doing good? Not.

what game where you playing?

it was a Ground War game, "team deathmatch"

on a map called Rust. if you play on this map, you know that it is probably being run by a hacker and that you can kill your teammates (FF being off ...)

Here is what Valve had to say to my complaint.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support. A new update to Modern Warfare 2 was released that has resolved this issue. Unfortunately, any experience or rank gained from joining a modified match cannot be reverted. Please click the following link for more information: http://store.steampowered.com/news/3338/ NOTE: Joining a modified match will not result in a VAC ban. If you require any further technical support for Modern Warfare 2, please contact Activision Support: https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

It actually can be modified seeing as how there's a program to edit your stats (change your prestige, kills, titles, emblems etc) but that information would be hard to get seeing as how... you know, you lost it.

In all seriousness though this game is broken as fuck. Loads of hacks available, colored models, stat editors, custom class makers (so you can have 5 perks, 2 weapon attachments and shit like grenade launcher, rpg and thumper on one class).

The newest patch yesterday fixed some stuff but some guy already has colored models working again. This game is fail compared to COD4.

it was easily the best debonerizer i have ever encountered. i considered returning the game (Activisions suggestion) but i can't since it was opened, others who have suffered (Steam forums) were just as outraged. At least it wasn't the "back to rank one hack."

i ended up just prestiging and starting over.

*cough* go to wallmart, and replace it for the same game since it's open, say there was something wrong with it. then return the unopened one for a refund the next day. *cough*

btw I did this with madden.. I got it like a week before black friday and then we went out and it was on sale for 35 at best buy... so about a week later i returned the wallmart one and then the next day got my $60 back. lol.

The game is fairly entertaining on PC as long as you don't get in a hacked game... but this seems to happen about 40% of the time for me... so yea... they fucked this shit up from the beginning.

360 ftw :P. don't have to deal with that crap.

No, your wrong :(

People can mod their xboxes to do this. That's why you see so many 10th 70's now.

Man that must really cheapen the experience. Like an infectious hack.

It really does. Honestly, at first your like "Haha, awesome, now I don't have to work for it!" But it turns out the work to get there is the best experience in the first place.

Sign in to follow this