Sign in to follow this  
Moose

Admins.

So I am bringing up this topic not to accuse anyone but it does happen, and I'd like to know what everyone thinks we should do about it. Recently there have been more and more admins playing on the server (I know, mainly because of break and it will probably calm down soon). But there really is quite a bit of admin abuse. There's more of the attitude 'take action now, ask questions later'. I know there's been many people complaining of this, especially those that don't have admin seeing as it happens to them more often.

I bring this up because today, I ran into a problem. A not-so-regular admin/sG member came in to the server, joined T, and I was CT. Now the original orders are of course generally the same, one step out blah blah, freeze. So apparently he was 'typing' and felt that he wasn't delaying. Somehow I guess I was supposed to know he was typing and wait for him? Well he slayed me... I just dropped it at that point because he was another admin, and sG member, I didn't want to cause drama, or a slay fight or anything like that.. although another admin agreed with my side. I'm not upset because it doesn't happen much to me but it does happen to others quite often.

Is what I would like to know, is how should we as admins take care of other admins doing things wrong? I'd like to see a stop come to 'this is why I don't play here, to much admin abuse' and the constant spamming of 'he freekilled me slay him' type of stuff. If we stop the free slaying, people will understand if we SEE it, we WILL take care of it.

Treat him like just another player. Being admin doesn't mean special treatment.

But then, he is right. As a t, typing is the only form of communication. This is why they can't order you to stay crouched, you need to type in order to communicate. So if he's typing, and not purposely delaying then he was in the right. If he was delaying and free-slayed you, then you need to take action. Either warn him not to do it again or slay him.

but how would u know hes typing in the first place?

Ask them? If they're just standing there not moving then I think it's safe to assume they're typing. If they then break some other rule, shoot them. But if they're unmoving, like not even looking around... wait a few seconds to let them finish. Chances are, if you give them a few seconds, they can finish whatever sentence they were typing out.

but how would u know hes typing in the first place?

You're supposed to count down to them as is before you shoot them. Solves the problem a bit. Usually counting down from five is good.

The thing is it doesn't just happen to me. But in the instance it happened to me it was at the BEGINNING of the round. Like I just assumed he went afk cause he was unmoving. If you REALLY need to type, take a step out of your cell, face your cell and freeze, and for a majority of wardens, you have like a minute+ after that point that you stand there and wait for them to decide what they're doing. Type then.

The thing is it doesn't just happen to me. But in the instance it happened to me it was at the BEGINNING of the round. Like I just assumed he went afk cause he was unmoving. If you REALLY need to type, take a step out of your cell, face your cell and freeze, and for a majority of wardens, you have like a minute+ after that point that you stand there and wait for them to decide what they're doing. Type then.

Sure that seems more logical but he is still in the right IF he was typing and not delaying.

Sure that seems more logical but he is still in the right IF he was typing and not delaying.

If we went by that though, ANYONE could use that as an excuse to make ct's get slayed. There is NO way for you to know if they are typing or delaying...

So by his logic everybody can just sit there typing ignoring orders and if you kill them its a freekill? Bull admins dont get special treatment, if they are delaying then they get a bullet to the face just like anyone else not following orders.

pretty sure i was there when this happened, wonder why i didnt do anything, guess being pissed out of my face helps lol.

Ill tell you right now he is talking about me on UV mothership. I was talking in admin chat telling him to repeat orders because no one could hear him over other CTs spamming the mic etc. I had already typed 2 lines in admin chat so it's obvious what I was doing, and I was killed within 2-3 seconds of the cell doors opening. If you read the rules , Terrorists are given 5 seconds to complete each order, just as you were instructed after the slay. Cell doors opened at :29 and I was killed at :26. It's not the time from which the order is given if its the first orders, its the time from when the cell doors are actually opened. And there is nothing "new" about me to either the JB server or SG.

When To Execute Terrorists

* A terrorist may be killed if he rebels.

* Terrorists rebel when:

* Fail to follow warden's orders correctly (grace period of 5 seconds is required)

really who can remember the time to the second the were killed 10 hours after the fact? well what ever. just set it as a rule that if your going to type do it after you die or when it is known that you are typing. don't assume someone knows. if your an admin then type a quick message like "wait" then you have a reason to not be moving. hell bind a key that is in admin chat to what ever message you want

So by his logic everybody can just sit there typing ignoring orders and if you kill them its a freekill? Bull admins dont get special treatment, if they are delaying then they get a bullet to the face just like anyone else not following orders.

pretty sure i was there when this happened, wonder why i didnt do anything, guess being pissed out of my face helps lol.

Ahem. She. And I realize you guys are right, it's been a long time since I've played JB and even then the rules were shifty. I'm just saying what I know from back then and that was that if you were crouching somewhere and you stop to type.. you're allowed. I figured it would apply to this situation also. Apparently not. Ignore my posts then.

Guest Waffle

How about this, just redo the fucking rules and not make them ridiculously gay otherwise I'll abuse the shit out of that.

Guest Hardcoreiswindows98

They've got 5 seconds to obey the rules, and if you kill them at 4.5 seconds then hey, its the T's fault for not following orders and delaying, this does include typing, so I suggest you hit enter, follow the orders, get to where you need to be and finish what you were going to say. 5 seconds is considered a detour or delay, really it should be okay go and they move. Again, people who put themselves in a position to freekill or become free killed deserve what they get, period.

They've got 5 seconds to obey the rules, and if you kill them at 4.5 seconds then hey, its the T's fault for not following orders and delaying, this does include typing, so I suggest you hit enter, follow the orders, get to where you need to be and finish what you were going to say. 5 seconds is considered a detour or delay, really it should be okay go and they move. Again, people who put themselves in a position to freekill or become free killed deserve what they get, period.

It was obvious what I was doing. As I said I had already entered 2 lines into chat through the admin command and was in middle of the 3rd. My duties as an admin come before my duties as a terrorist in jailbreak. When I told him that I was typing when I was killed he said "Oh, I wasnt paying attention to chat" As Karma stated, chat is the only means for a terrorist to communicate, and should be paid attention to by the CTs.

Guest Hardcoreiswindows98

then use your admin and put yourself in no clip mode, no excuses, but if you slayed some one for killing you than its pretty bad, a lot of people on CT don't read chat, they look at the screen and listen for sounds. I put myself in no clip mode all the time when something needs to be done in the round, I also mute and unmute myself, or if mic spamming is that bad I'll mute every ct but the warden and ask them, Okay, can you guys grow up and not mic spam so we can play this game, generally most of them do, however, the ones that don't get restricted for 10 rounds.

then use your admin and put yourself in no clip mode, no excuses, but if you slayed some one for killing you than its pretty bad, a lot of people on CT don't read chat, they look at the screen and listen for sounds. I put myself in no clip mode all the time when something needs to be done in the round, I also mute and unmute myself, or if mic spamming is that bad I'll mute every ct but the warden and ask them, Okay, can you guys grow up and not mic spam so we can play this game, generally most of them do, however, the ones that don't get restricted for 10 rounds.

You don't no clip, that's unfair. You go in spectate mode if you need to admin the server.

then use your admin and put yourself in no clip mode, no excuses

How is it inexcusable to not use no clip in that scenario? That ridiculous statement diminishes any point you were trying to make.

Guest Waffle

If they have five seconds and they are killed at four and a half seconds, how is that the T's fault?