Sign in to follow this  
apatel1792

3850 AGP

Hi, my name is Excel

I am new to this community but I have been acquainted with several of the administrators, members and so on. I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on my shit forsaken pc. I currently use a hp a610n for Css, but I can only manage to pull off 30 fps on most maps (No Surprise here). Moreover, I do not have enough money to buy/build a new pc so i decided that I should upgrade my agp slot. I am planning to buy a new gpu; ATI 3850. Furthermore, I need to know how much my cpu (AMD 3000 +) will bottleneck the video card and how much fps I can gain in Css and WoW. I also need to find an affordable powersupply that will work with this card and my motherboard.

I would really appreciate your guys assistance. (=

Well it says i need a 450 w powersupply, but will any powersupply be compatible with my pc?

HP cases are usually form fitted for the power supply that came with it. You might want to spend $50 and put your guts in a new case to allow room for future expansion.

Trust me, just save up and get new stuff. Putting a turbo kit in an 94 Ford Taurus will get you nothing more than a faster piece of crap, to be rather blunt.