Sign in to follow this  
Samm.

I have h1n1. Awesome.

Then... I'll mail you hair ties so you don't have to hold your hair back when you puke? But you prolly already have that covered. Er, I will mail you some uhhh caring letters or something, hell idk, give me some ideas D:

-Audio

Rice is usually okay to tolerate when your sick, its plain and it has the water in it.

It takes more water and energy to digest rice than what it provides. Its a negative calorie food. Don't do it please.

It takes more water and energy to digest rice than what it provides. Its a negative calorie food. Don't do it please.

Although it might be true, which i honestly wouldn't know. Wouldn't it be better to have some sort of food no matter what in you rather than just sitting there on an empty stomach? I mean i understand what your saying, but its more logical than to not eat at all.

Whatever I eat or drink, I throw up. Thanks though everyone :/

Remember though, although throwing up is no fun, its easier top throw up something, then sit there dry heaving.

saltine crackers! they help absorb the acid in your stomach and makes you less nausious.

375 might not be that many, I remember when I went to high school we had more than 5000 kids and each year there was always more

Although it might be true, which i honestly wouldn't know. Wouldn't it be better to have some sort of food no matter what in you rather than just sitting there on an empty stomach? I mean i understand what your saying, but its more logical than to not eat at all.

Actually in his current state, I would recommend chewable vitamins. Plus, he needs to replenish 1/3 of the fluids he's losing.

X1's suck mah balls.

Get the X-52s. Be a pro. Like me.

As much as i love quoting other threads that im not in, i dont.

I was trying to quote you Chosen. So you'd recommend chewable vitamins over actual food? I mean i can see as they would be helpful but the actual food is also used as something to come out of you, I must say The order of things to throw up i would pick having food in me, no matter how much it sucks Its better than forcing out pure liquid, or nothing.

As much as i love quoting other threads that im not in, i dont.

I was trying to quote you Chosen. So you'd recommend chewable vitamins over actual food? I mean i can see as they would be helpful but the actual food is also used as something to come out of you, I must say The order of things to throw up i would pick having food in me, no matter how much it sucks Its better than forcing out pure liquid, or nothing.

In a basic health assessment (triage) you look at the immediate threat: dehydration. If he has been vomiting and having diarrhea, then you address the dehydration issue first.

saltine crackers! they help absorb the acid in your stomach and makes you less nausious.

Old wives tale, but partially correct.....

The crackers would actually encourage the production of more stomach acid. After he stops vomiting THEN give him crackers. The simple sugars will give him some energy and the salt will help keep him hydrated.

The crackers would actually encourage the production of more stomach acid. After he stops vomiting THEN give him crackers. The simple sugars will give him some energy and the salt will help keep him hydrated.

Correct me if im wrong but, doesn't the salt only help in small amounts?

Correct me if im wrong but, doesn't the salt only help in small amounts?

Hydrate first.....

Yes, but what are you comparing it to? A single can of soup provides over 1/3 of your daily sodium requirements. A few crackers don’t have that much salt in comparison. So by "small amounts", yes it does help.

Yea but arent you puking up salts in your body so wouldnt a requirement of more salt be necessary?

Yes, but you guys are putting the cart before the horse.....

1. Replace fluid and nutrients (Water and chewable vitamins)

2. Once vomiting ceases, administer soup/crackers (energy and electrolytes)

3. Protein to minimize further tissue damage and boost immune system

waaa? i went to doctors too today, i have 2 ear infections, u have one. the doctor says " you MAY have the FLU" meaning not h1n1 totally, umm and dont be like omg i do u dont know, kuz i listened. YOU MIGHT HAVE THE FLU but if you do it might not the the SWINE FLU. so to take away from the dramas of "oh mah gahhh shammy's got teh all mighty shhwinneee flu"

ohkay, before i recieve infraction, this is not a trolling post, its more like a stating the facts post. im not trying to be a pain in the ass

waaa? i went to doctors too today, i have 2 ear infections, u have one. the doctor says " you MAY have the FLU" meaning not h1n1 totally, umm and dont be like omg i do u dont know, kuz i listened. YOU MIGHT HAVE THE FLU but if you do it might not the the SWINE FLU. so to take away from the dramas of "oh mah gahhh shammy's got teh all mighty shhwinneee flu"

ohkay, before i recieve infraction, this is not a trolling post, its more like a stating the facts post. im not trying to be a pain in the ass

Throwing up is not a common symptom of the flu. Although, h1n1 it is a symptom of. Just saying.

I haven't yet had it. My grandmother did but I saw her a couple weeks after she was completely better again. Apparently the swine flu is hitting harder with people in our age range and pregnant women. 22 seems to be the lucky number. I don't feel so great about turning 22 now lol.