Sign in to follow this  
Owns

Go back to the old servers

I just went into wcs2 and there was only 10 people in there including me and I was warping and lagging and fucking choking to hell and back... either go back to the old servers or do something different.

gameservers.com

i think we would have the same amount of problems at a way cheaper price

i don't understand how like 2 years ago we had a zombie server with 64 people on and it didnt lag like it does now

That was random.

Indeed...

Noire, that sentence made no sense D:

Kernel = repaired... Its just general server scripting instability now.

Did we fix the kernals or w/e that improved gameplay on server 1 on server 2 yet?

Did we fix the kernals (that improved the gameplay on server 1) on server 2 yet?

Better?

If server scripting is the problem, wouldnt it have lagged just as bad on the old servers? I remember there being problems (knife races using guns and etc) but nothing that made the server lag where it would have ppl warping and skipping around like it is now... Are you sure its just the server scripting? Should we change it back to V.75 (I would assume this means wiping everything including levels) or did we never change it to V.77 (I think we changed it to V.77)?

wow Owns, you blow half of your nuts when i recommended we get some new domain names, but then you recommend some stupid shit like moving back to the old servers?

Yeah, getting rid of the dedicated box and buying seperate servers is a good idea. We should totally do it. It's totally cost efficient.

Nothing to do with where the servers are I'd think. I applied a lot of updates to #1 recently then released some new races and it went up by about 70 ranks on Gametracker in a few days. Just needs some TLC if you ask me.

I just went into wcs2 and there was only 10 people in there including me and I was warping and lagging and fucking choking to hell and back... either go back to the old servers or do something different.

You should like totally take matters into your own hands and like fix the server dude.

Did we fix the kernals (that improved the gameplay on server 1) on server 2 yet?

Better?

If server scripting is the problem, wouldnt it have lagged just as bad on the old servers? I remember there being problems (knife races using guns and etc) but nothing that made the server lag where it would have ppl warping and skipping around like it is now... Are you sure its just the server scripting? Should we change it back to V.75 (I would assume this means wiping everything including levels) or did we never change it to V.77 (I think we changed it to V.77)?

Servers behave differently on different box setup. It would not matter what version of wcs the server has. Only differences are few key features that can easily be downgraded into the older .75, the code itself updated to comply with es 1.5 style of semi-optimized commands, and a different database.

Just go ask Polis to debug the races. or Owns. Sounds like he is pissed about the server and wants to do something about it.

Thats a lot easier to say.

You're right, the managers and staff should just not do anything about it and leave it how it is. Wonderful.

wow Owns, you blow half of your nuts when i recommended we get some new domain names, but then you recommend some stupid shit like moving back to the old servers?

New domain name is a waste of money and effort... having our servers where they are playable is about 100x more important than what our domain name is.

Yeah, getting rid of the dedicated box and buying seperate servers is a good idea. We should totally do it. It's totally cost efficient.

You have what? anywhere from 30-40 random fucking people with admin between all the servers and you can't afford to actually make what used to be the 2 most popular servers playable? Seriously? What is mario or Junzou addicted to pizza and donuts now?

Nothing to do with where the servers are I'd think. I applied a lot of updates to #1 recently then released some new races and it went up by about 70 ranks on Gametracker in a few days. Just needs some TLC if you ask me.

It obviously needs a shit ton of TLC cause I can stand a bit of choke and lag, but that is unbearable.

You should like totally take matters into your own hands and like fix the server dude.

Just go ask Polis to debug the races. or Owns. Sounds like he is pissed about the server and wants to do something about it.

If it's the scripts that are the problem then I would delete the entire WCS script and replace it with the default one, then like Polis or yayas add races as they'd like. I have every single race maxed except grayman and CSS pro, and I would rather be able to actually play, even with only the basic races, then to not be able to play just cause we want to keep the classes.

There's two issues with moving back to the previous box:

1. Cost

2. Possible losses in gain/population.

Cost explains itself. The old box cost more money than the one now, which would take more out of the fund that the clan has. As to losses, if we switch back I think it'll give us a new server IP, which in turn would make people go "WTF" as where we went to. Don't quote me on that though. Less people = less turnout, which = less donations possibly.

I myself haven't seen any really, really bad lag constantly on WCS #1, outside of a bad day probably once in the past ten days. I might not be on at the time it's really bad though.

Though Mario and others have been working on it to try and get it more stable. He started with working on the kernal and rolling it back, so now he's looking into other things, but you have to give the guy time. He does have other things going on in his life he has to take care of first. I'm sure others are helping him the best they can as well, it's just going to take some time. If I could help out, I would too, but I have no clue about anything that involves the code and the like.

Just give it some time, it'll work out. I just don't think a move would benefit us well at all at our current state.

How much in donations do we actually generate on average per month?

I have heard people say they've donated... but as to how much is beyond me. They could just be talking out of their ass.

There's two issues with moving back to the previous box:

1. Cost

2. Possible losses in gain/population.

Cost explains itself. The old box cost more money than the one now, which would take more out of the fund that the clan has. As to losses, if we switch back I think it'll give us a new server IP, which in turn would make people go "WTF" as where we went to. Don't quote me on that though. Less people = less turnout, which = less donations possibly.

I myself haven't seen any really, really bad lag constantly on WCS #1, outside of a bad day probably once in the past ten days. I might not be on at the time it's really bad though.

Though Mario and others have been working on it to try and get it more stable. He started with working on the kernal and rolling it back, so now he's looking into other things, but you have to give the guy time. He does have other things going on in his life he has to take care of first. I'm sure others are helping him the best they can as well, it's just going to take some time. If I could help out, I would too, but I have no clue about anything that involves the code and the like.

Just give it some time, it'll work out. I just don't think a move would benefit us well at all at our current state.

1: So paying for servers that just generally are poor quality is better than having stable servers? Thank god whoever has this thought process is running things. Hey guys let's go buy 1 krystal instead of a whopper... not because it's better but it's cheaper and less filling... really? are people this fucking dull?

2: There has been a max of 12-14 people on wcs2 for the past few months, I know I leave steam up and check it every so often... you used to have to put on auto-join just to get into wcs2... fuck this IP, if we get a stable server that doesn't lag and choke and warp people to hell in back I am sure we'll have a higher population.

If it's the scripts, then replace or fix em... if it's the server then replace it or fix it... that's all I'm saying... it's not an argument. Don't go back to the old servers, get different ones that are around the same price we're paying now but better...

All this post was for was to state that we need to change shit, not just sit around and let all the posts build up bitching about all the lag... that's just dumb.

I agree with owns that something needs to be done with the server. Avg is 8 players while server 1 is 14. Server 2 USED to have a higher avg than server 1. It used to bring in more revenue from the admin subscriptions (i dont mean the inactive ones, but the ones that would be on the servers since we used to have like 4-6 admins on at all times). I never see this many admins on server 1 at one time, and it used to happen ALL the time on server 2. Now I never see anyone in there.

1: So paying for servers that just generally are poor quality is better than having stable servers? Thank god whoever has this thought process is running things. Hey guys let's go buy 1 krystal instead of a whopper... not because it's better but it's cheaper and less filling... really? are people this fucking dull?

2: There has been a max of 12-14 people on wcs2 for the past few months, I know I leave steam up and check it every so often... you used to have to put on auto-join just to get into wcs2... fuck this IP, if we get a stable server that doesn't lag and choke and warp people to hell in back I am sure we'll have a higher population.

If it's the scripts, then replace or fix em... if it's the server then replace it or fix it... that's all I'm saying... it's not an argument. Don't go back to the old servers, get different ones that are around the same price we're paying now but better...

All this post was for was to state that we need to change shit, not just sit around and let all the posts build up bitching about all the lag... that's just dumb.

1. I don't ever remember the servers being bad after the switch. Shit seemed to come down after Crother's left a half-assed kernal intact for the servers before he disappeared, then the lag seemed to hit. I doubt the clan would buy a box that's worse, but more cost efficient.

2. I'm saying that if we do switch, it might take awhile to get things back on track. Granted no stability doesn't help, but having those that do play lose the IP won't help either.

Btw, I'm not against you on your suggestion, man, but it's easier said than done. There's other things that are making things screwy and it'll take some time to get fixed. Again, it's only a handful of people that can really look into things, so it's not something that can be done ASAP.

1. I don't ever remember the servers being bad after the switch. Shit seemed to come down after Crother's left a half-assed kernal intact for the servers before he disappeared, then the lag seemed to hit. I doubt the clan would buy a box that's worse, but more cost efficient.

2. I'm saying that if we do switch, it might take awhile to get things back on track. Granted no stability doesn't help, but having those that do play lose the IP won't help either.

Btw, I'm not against you on your suggestion, man, but it's easier said than done. There's other things that are making things screwy and it'll take some time to get fixed. Again, it's only a handful of people that can really look into things, so it's not something that can be done ASAP.

Just cause something is easier said than done doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Just cause something is easier said than done doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

You're missing the point. We'd lose the IPs, hence, we'd lose the better part of the player base. We can't just ninja the IPs back from the box on to some Game Servers.com servers. That's also another $70 a month that we'd have to pay in order to cover the new servers. In the end, I think if we can fix the dedicated box, we should go that route. Nothing else is having this many problems aside from JB, but that's always broken.

EDIT: We COULD set up redirect servers, but every time I hear someone join a server that they got redirected to, they're raging. Redirect servers are dirty.

EDIT 2: But, that still doesn't justify all the extra funds going out. Even if the server population goes up, that's still no extra money in. Not that many people want admin on a WCS server. Not when there's already an overabundance of admins on all the other servers. Thank god for the seniority thing.

Wrong on JB being only server. In fact that completely wrong almost

WCS #2 is Horrible. Hell i live in Central US and its crazy lag and glitchy

WCS #1 is descent

Sign in to follow this