Sign in to follow this  
Oracion

Religion and You

I guess I should post my side, considering I started all this.

Anyway, I don't have much of an issue with religion. If people want to worship, that's fine, but when it gets to the point of "Gods word = law", then I start having an issue. It's just when religion starts to push on people and try to force ideals and values on others then I start to think badly of it. It's kind of the same when I see people saying that the Christian/Baptist/whatever way is the right way, as if every other religion isn't worth the time for it.

As to religion and people, I see it more of a support for the people who worship, as if they feel comforted that someone is watching over them. Again, no issue with that. I don't see the need for it since I'm pretty well at handling my stress and other issues without wanting to resort to a deity, but if people find it helps them, more power to them.

To the values, I never saw the bible as law. I've seen it as more of a book of morals, but not a set-in-stone rulebook to follow for life, or as events that really happened. The whole talk of not committing adultery, being a good neighbor, etc is great to follow. When it gets into stuff such as using God to say that abortion/homosexuality/believes are not correct, then IMO it degrades the meaning of the bible. Granted, I know people have beliefs, but again, times are changing and so are values. Today's society seems more focused on bringing human rights around, rather than follow the words of a book.

So to sum up, nothing against religion, but it's something I'd prefer to stay out of. There are quite a few things that don't really interest me, but if people enjoy it for what it is, let them enjoy.

Guest Fohacidal

Well I can agree with tristan on one thing, tstan dont post in serious topic if you cant even at the least spellcheck your entire post which is at the least to say written in such a puerile prose It almost sounds like you are trying incredibly hard to impress someone in an elementary competition.

Religion i say is ONLY a comfort thing for death. It just so we THINK there is a heaven or hell.

I say we all Reincarnate into something. like a fucking Eagle!

I also dont see how if u act at least .0001 off from the main christian religion Point of View you are

instantly a outcast like I have been.

Christians are too dam judgemental period and dont argue because you know you are.

thats why i give up on church and such its like a fucking giant religious fanatical sect almost.

of course I do live in the south so everyone is whiny and bitchy

FUNNY.gif

stick that in ur pipe and smoke it

i learned about Deism and found that my beliefs are closely aligned with it. reading more into it, a lot of people who are unsure about religion and other theories really and don't claim to associate themselves with any religion are probably Deists as well.

Deism is what the found fathers believed and it is still around today, it just isn't really recognized.

lol baby got wrecked.

But on a side note, I agree with Prosak. It's just like, "Hey, I'm gonna die, then what?" "You're gonna see Jesus, man."

i learned about Deism and found that my beliefs are closely aligned with it. reading more into it, a lot of people who are unsure about religion and other theories really and don't claim to associate themselves with any religion are probably Deists as well.

Deism is what the found fathers believed and it is still around today, it just isn't really recognized.

This is exactly how I feel.

Just a simple question, but I'm curious to know what drives anyone for religion. I never really got into it because it didn't appeal to me, but what makes you enjoy it?

Also, no religion bashing. I know some people get a bit crazy in this, so just explain what you enjoy about it.

I want you guys to read that, and read it hard again.

He doesn't want to know what YOU think is wrong with religion, he wants to know why religious people are, well, religious, and what they like about, many of you failed to understand what the OP wanted.

Was I close Oracion?

My personal belief is that some people use religion because they're scared. Nobody knows what happens after death, and this way they get to hope for something. There's nothing wrong with that. I think we all do it in our own way. It's putting something dark and scary in a better light. Then there are some people who grow up with religious family and they just learn it from them and continue believing because that's what they were taught. Others, like my brother, just use it as a default. "I'm athiest but if there is a god, I can repent my sins and I'll still go to heaven... you know... just in case!"

There are some good things behind religion. (Don't steal, don't kill, etc.) And I personally believe the bible is just a story book with some strong morals behind it. The point was to be a good person and care for other people. Over the years though, it's become (not religion but society in general) greedy, who can get the most money and watch out for your own ass.

Also, I'm athiest. I am a person who needs proof.

marry me please

I want you guys to read that, and read it hard again.

He doesn't want to know what YOU think is wrong with religion, he wants to know why religious people are, well, religious, and what they like about, many of you failed to understand what the OP wanted.

Was I close Oracion?

Well, I don't mind opinions on what people have in general with religion. I'm just more curious what people see in it that makes them want to worship, and why they do so.

My post I just did on the last page wasn't really focused on this sole thing, but it's just my general opinions on the whole theme of religion: Not for me, cool if people do it, just don't force it on others.

Well, I don't mind opinions on what people have in general with religion. I'm just more curious what people see in it that makes them want to worship, and why they do so.

My post I just did on the last page wasn't really focused on this sole thing, but it's just my general opinions on the whole theme of religion: Not for me, cool if people do it, just don't force it on others.

I agree that you do your thing, I'll do mine, but show some respect (Not you).

My religion is leave me the fuck alone and I'll leave you alone. What you do in your spare time is no business of mine. =) And vice versa.

Marry me pl0x.

I couldn't have said any better than what Karma just did.

Guest formerlyaeth

this thread is now about karma and polygamy

Guest formerlyaeth

damn it i bought rufilin for nothing then?