Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Infinity Ward Can Suck A Dick

And I mean it. I dunno what the deal is. Modern Warfare was one of the best fps's I've ever played, so maybe between then and now it was taken over by a bunch of money grabbing nazis or something, who knows. Anywhoo, on top of the $10 price hike, the no longer free map packs, and the lack of dedicated servers; for those of you that haven't already seen the news, the opening sequence of CoD:MW2 starts off with ~3 min of you playing as a terrorist in a crowded airport, firing on unarmed fleeing civilians, and then later at police officers/ law enforcement. Now, I've never been a believer in the whole "video game cause violence", but I believe that developers of games have a certain responsibility not to create mass hysteria and rage against video games like the hot coffee and other fiascos like that. I'm not saying this little section wouldn't be bad ass to play, but they could have explained the story by showing a cut scene or even doing it where you cant fire or something, or take the perspective of a spectator or something, but they could have been a little bit more responsible for representing the gaming industry. Jack Thompson may be disbarred, but I guarantee you we'll see news about this on Fox all day long as soon as they catch wind of it. Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this, but it just seems to me that they needlessly are stirring a big pot of shit for no apparent reason.

Guest Fohacidal

Maybe you need to grow a pair and stop raging at stupid shit. Hm? Political correctness is the cancer that is killing America.

Guest Fohacidal

You people can put your vaginas away, IW announced you can skip the scene and that the game got a M rating for it.

Also Howard you're an idiot... "lack of respect they have towards the gamer" wtf is that supposed to mean?

shooting at civilians is nothing new sorry to say. GTA anybody?

but seriously MW has no excuse of showing this or letting players do this in this type of game.

Guest Fohacidal
shooting at civilians is nothing new sorry to say. GTA anybody?

but seriously MW has no excuse of showing this or letting players do this in this type of game.

Why dont you go cry against all the other movies depicting even main characters shooting a bunch of innocent people or commiting acts of terrorism hm?

wow foh, you bitching much?

i play gta4 with happy abandon

i will play MW2 with just as much enthusiasm (though i'll prolly be a little sickened by this part)

anyone play prototype? (yeah you jack civilians up in that game too)

I was just pointing out that its an FPS and they probably didn't have to have the actual player be the terrorist. I mean cutscenes provide a much more dramatic feeling IMO. I'm always like "those SOBs, i'm going kick their asses for that."

and... i'm sure this game didn't get an M rating for that scene.... modern guns, real people being killed, pseudo-real blood splatters... nah none of that counts. especially since MW1 got a M rating too.

Guest Fohacidal
Fohacidal im not a fuckin idiot, if they dont even listen to a petition that has so many fuckin requests to have dedicated servers then they are not showing any respect to us...

Wtf does dedicated servers have to do with this topic? jesus

wow foh, you bitching much?

i play gta4 with happy abandon

i will play MW2 with just as much enthusiasm (though i'll prolly be a little sickened by this part)

anyone play prototype? (yeah you jack civilians up in that game too)

I was just pointing out that its an FPS and they probably didn't have to have the actual player be the terrorist. I mean cutscenes provide a much more dramatic feeling IMO. I'm always like "those SOBs, i'm going kick their asses for that."

and... i'm sure this game didn't get an M rating for that scene.... modern guns, real people being killed, pseudo-real blood splatters... nah none of that counts. especially since MW1 got a M rating too.

A lot of what went into that m rating was because of that scene. Regardless of whether it be a cut scene or not you can decide to play it or not and even if you dont play it you can just not shoot anyone, seriously its all your choice and there are 2 failsafes put in place so that if YOU dont want to do it YOU dont have to.

Fohacidal, you're a fucking idiot. Your trolling isn't even clever anymore. Get the fuck outside and take a jog or something.

By the way, such a dedicated Christian as yourself should know that you should not use God or Jesus's name in vain.

Honestly though, this is not the first game to depict horrific violence. If that is a reason to not buy the game, I would guess that your not a fan of GTA, Counter-Strike, etc.

The dedicated server thing is a piss off, and is one of the main reasons many PS3 owners will go to MAG(plus its x10 better)

But none the less, I will be purchasing MW2, if I don't like it Ill trade it in on the first day. and at least get 75% of my money back.

Guest Fohacidal
Fohacidal, you're a fucking idiot. Your trolling isn't even clever anymore. Get the fuck outside and take a jog or something.

By the way, such a dedicated Christian as yourself should know that you should not use God or Jesus's name in vain.

Funny you tell me to go outside when all your posts in the pasts 2 weeks have been in response to me and me only. Maybe you should try to stop fail trolling me every chance you get hm? Oh wait ever since you quit staff you stopped having a life my bad... Ill let it go this time, at least you admitted to me being clever.

Honestly though, this is not the first game to depict horrific violence. If that is a reason to not buy the game, I would guess that your not a fan of GTA, Counter-Strike, etc.

The dedicated server thing is a piss off, and is one of the main reasons many PS3 owners will go to MAG(plus its x10 better)

But none the less, I will be purchasing MW2, if I don't like it Ill trade it in on the first day. and at least get 75% of my money back.

First of all, let me get this straight, its not that I find this bit of the game offensive, I mean if I was squeamish towards violence, video gaming wouldn't really be my scene. Its that I know other people will, and Infinity Ward, as developers, have a certain obligation to the gaming community as whole to not cause flak for the rest of the community. They could have easily portrayed the same situation through a cut scene where you watch these guys do this instead of actually partaking in it. You know a whole group of soccer moms are going to watch this and decide that their children shouldn't play video games at all, and it just hurts the industry as a whole. They are being blatantly confrontational for no real benefit. As far as GTA and Counter-Strike are concerned, in GTA you are more or less killing civilians with reckless abandon with almost a cartoonist feel to it. I mean you're plowing through masses with a chainsaw instead of gunning down a man trying to drag his buddy to safety. This is the first time you've played as a terrorist in a serious situation and physically shot unarmed civilians just for the "fun" of killing them.

i agree w/ anarchy... this is getting a bit too real for my tastes.

what are they gonna have next? infiltrating a government building and seeing how high your body count can get?

and... COD4 got the M rating w/out this. Halo got M ratings w/out having these scenes. I mean what do you want? This scene is not a main reason the game got the M rating.

Guest Fohacidal
First of all, let me get this straight, its not that I find this bit of the game offensive, I mean if I was squeamish towards violence, video gaming wouldn't really be my scene. Its that I know other people will, and Infinity Ward, as developers, have a certain obligation to the gaming community as whole to not cause flak for the rest of the community. They could have easily portrayed the same situation through a cut scene where you watch these guys do this instead of actually partaking in it. You know a whole group of soccer moms are going to watch this and decide that their children shouldn't play video games at all, and it just hurts the industry as a whole. They are being blatantly confrontational for no real benefit. As far as GTA and Counter-Strike are concerned, in GTA you are more or less killing civilians with reckless abandon with almost a cartoonist feel to it. I mean you're plowing through masses with a chainsaw instead of gunning down a man trying to drag his buddy to safety. This is the first time you've played as a terrorist in a serious situation and physically shot unarmed civilians just for the "fun" of killing them.

Jesus christ YOU DONT HAVE TO PLAY IT. There is an option that lets you skip the section AND there is a warning in the game about the particularly graphic nature of that section. And you trying to justify the killing of innocent civilians in GTA just makes absolutely no sense. If anything in GTAIV its anything but cartoonish with how you can put dents in your car and leave blood splatters everywhere just by hitting someone.

I don't think Foh get's what we're trying to say here...

Lemme get this clear.

we will still play the game

we will still play this part

we don't care that it shows this b/c it has been done before

we think it is unnecessary b/c it will draw unneeded bad attention toward the game

edit: it's like MassEffect's 'SEX' scene (but that was just part of the game) people just overreacted to something that is shown on the TV and in movies

Guest Fohacidal
I don't think Foh get's what we're trying to say here...

Lemme get this clear.

we will still play the game

we will still play this part

we don't care that it shows this b/c it has been done before

we think it is unnecessary b/c it will draw unneeded bad attention toward the game

edit: it's like MassEffect's 'SEX' scene (but that was just part of the game) people just overreacted to something that is shown on the TV and in movies

Well I got that from you, everyone else is just trippin way to much

Fohacidal im not a fuckin idiot, if they dont even listen to a petition that has so many fuckin requests to have dedicated servers then they are not showing any respect to us...

It would cost way too much money to redo the entire multiplayer system now. I bet my balls they already have copies of the game pressing. Maybe if we stay persistent, they will release a patch that redoes the multiplayer system in more of a Left 4 Dead style.

Guest Fohacidal

Im pretty sure a patch will be available soon if they decide to do the right thing. Until them Im not buying it for PC, just for PS3

im still going to buy the game for pc.

i honestly dont care about the servers, its like people are crying like little kids about it. i mean yeah its going to suck but i mean its still good in some other aspects.

as long as i can still play the game, i can honestly care less. they may have lost a good amount of people, but that isn't going to stop the rest of the world from not playing. i bet most of the people dont even know what it is.

Funny you tell me to go outside when all your posts in the pasts 2 weeks have been in response to me and me only. Maybe you should try to stop fail trolling me every chance you get hm? Oh wait ever since you quit staff you stopped having a life my bad... Ill let it go this time, at least you admitted to me being clever.

That's funny how you tell me to get a life.

Let's see a few statistics.

In the past two weeks, you have over 100 posts.

In the past two weeks, this is my second post.

Here's some good reading for you.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Unwarranted_self_importance

That's funny how you tell me to get a life.

Let's see a few statistics.

In the past two weeks, you have over 100 posts.

In the past two weeks, this is my second post.

Here's some good reading for you.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Unwarranted_self_importance

It's also interesting how an 18 year old kid can tell me to get a life when I'm getting married in March, have a steady job, and a regular group of friends that I hang out with every weekend.

Sign in to follow this