Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Race Whoring Rule

^^ which fuzzycat has raged at me for and slayed me for...

also, can i post a server that has a decent team balance, at least in the short amt of time that i have played it?

edit: @ konah: oooohh, i haven't tried buying LJ with it. that would help me get those nasty warden/akroma campers... but i think speed makes me too fast in the air and i don't like it. i usually just get sock, the enchanted armor (that replenishes every round), and the chainmail.

@Empire: Yeah I have noticed that too, but if instead of having your Grapple at 6 (I think that is the highest), you can put it at 4 and get Speedx2 and it makes it as if you had it at 6pts in the skill, without moving around waaaay too fast :-P And long jump is nice with the low-grav, you can usually grapple once then hop around an entire map with serious speed. The best one to practice the LJ and grapple on is cs_compound, do it up. We can have Golden-Tail Battles above everyone haha

Also, if we change the race whoring rule to 5:1 @ 25+ kills instead of getting rid of it, I think the number of rounds before you have to change race a second time should be boosted up as well. Chances are that if you are 5:1, you may go a decent number of rounds before your ratio drops or are killed.

EDIT: Boss totally 'caught me posting about CS, laughed at me, then booted it up in his office to add our server IP to favorites. Fuckin' love working at this bank.

hahhaah @ konah

your boss fucking rocks

and... i perfected the level 4 grappling hook... lol you're stealing all my creditz.

but, i sorta perfected just grappling when on the ground and i can LJ w/ just sock of feather and pure momentum

and @ rule: 5:1 KD and 25 kills till u gotta change race. Then, after a new race, you must have ANOTHER 20 kills and still have the 5:1 KD.

so at most: 3 races per map. 4 if you're playing really bad people.

also. what do u guys think about having permanent autoassign? like have it so you can't pick what team you join (it randomly picks one)

I dunno about auto assign. Whenever someone joins the winning team, they always said they used the auto team assigner (kind of doubt it, but guess ill take their word for it)

I don't have too big of a deal with the race whoring issue. I just have an issue with races that just have such stupidly strong abilities. All the ones with LJ and perfect invis seem to take the biggest priority over it all which to me, makes it pretty damn cheap.

I dunno about auto assign. Whenever someone joins the winning team, they always said they used the auto team assigner (kind of doubt it, but guess ill take their word for it)

hahaha lies... no way they used 'autoassign'

they just press tab, oh look its 10-3, ill join the CTs cuz i want to win too.

@ Oracion, play in the server more, you'll find what races destroy KJ. Mainly, just stick in groups, and the KJ will probably only get 1 hit on a person before they die.

i still don't get how KJ is that OP... it used to be sooooooooooooo much better.

(my fox samurai eats KJ for breakfast)

hahaha lies... no way they used 'autoassign'

they just press tab, oh look its 10-3, ill join the CTs cuz i want to win too.

@ Oracion, play in the server more, you'll find what races destroy KJ. Mainly, just stick in groups, and the KJ will probably only get 1 hit on a person before they die.

i still don't get how KJ is that OP... it used to be sooooooooooooo much better.

(my fox samurai eats KJ for breakfast)

It's not so much about me wanting to find out, it's one of those things that to me, would kinda drive people away if they were to start on the server. Having someone LJ to you ASAP and shoot you in the head is a tad discouraging to say the least. That and having perfect invisibility seems pretty... weak.

Then again, I haven't played WCS much yet or gotten used to tactics and all, so obviously I'm a bit biased. I'll probably change in time as I (attempt) to level up.

which is why I hope they implement a script that automatically slays people (ignores anyone that buys mole is warden and get's moles,) that rush to the other team within 15 seconds after freeze time. I don't know if it is possible to make that kind of script though....

Perhaps make a rule saying "Unless you're moling, you may not rush to the others team spawn until after 30 seconds has passed the clock/timer."

the whole point of LJ is to make wcs1 fast paced. from the point that you exit spawn you must be ready to fight people. The multiple teleporting races/LJ races makes it so you must also be quick on your feet. This doesn't mean you can't play races that don't have a speed boost, but just that you need to be on the lookout. If there's someone with a gun LJ'ing into your spawn he should be dying pretty fast considering its only him vs 5 or more of you guys.

KJ is an invis knife race. and Takeno w/ LJ is a hella lot more deadly than KJ w/ LJ

Maybe make the freeze time in the beginning of the round longer. (5 secs) This would allow people to be ready at the start of the round.

It's not really so much rushing spawn, it's more of getting to odd places that no one can get to. I phrased that last part badly, but I meant to say, seeing people LJ to points that shouldn't technically be accessible, or to points that you really can't pinpoint is sketchy in my eyes.

Also, do the invisible knife races get some sort of penalty to speed? Cause that invisibility is a bitch to see when they're hopping around like nothing and all you're looking for is a gun.

The gun is completely visible. It's pretty easy to spot a random floating scout. The only invisible race I have trouble with is P228 Agent and sometimes Master Sniper.

KJ is probably the weakest knife race on that server.

eh. i would say flame predator is. but many people disagree. KJ is good, but its only good until people start looking for you. Also, the floating scout is only visable 25 ft or closer. But no oracion, most races don't get speed reductions... the only one is the p228 agent (which is a pistol only race, which also gets 200% gravity which results in incredible recoil)

The gun is completely visible. It's pretty easy to spot a random floating scout. The only invisible race I have trouble with is P228 Agent and sometimes Master Sniper.

KJ is probably the weakest knife race on that server.

It's not THAT visible. If the gun was 3x as big, then I'd agree, but even then it's hard to spot that stuff in half the maps, especially if they're already on you getting a hit.

If people can notice players across maps that only peek their heads, then I'd think that a normal sized scout within 25 yards is pretty easy. Granted, it's not always in your line of vision, but that's where sound and stuff come into play.

I'm not saying KJ is a bad race, but is one of the weaker races on WCS1. WCS1 also has the habit of having great knife races, so it's being the worst of the best. :S

KJ will not be changed. It was OP when it first came on server when it dropped BOTH your primary and your pistol, now its fine. There was even a vote set up that would restrict the KJ from using LJ. The vote failed. People did not think that KJ needed to be restricted from using LJ.

I have seen more complaints about Human General than KJ anyway. In terms of cheapness and killing power, HumGen wins anyday.

p.s. what's w/ all the music/clip spammers now? I'm gonna start demoing/reporting them. It's damned annoying when I have my own music playing.

p.s.s. Why is it still lagging?

Extended use of microphone can choke up the server. Surf would lag really bad after people spam it for 10 minutes+. No idea why it still lags bad, should be back to normal /wrist. And yeah KJ just owns newcomers, other races are more powerful at the moment.

yeah i was playing cpl mill earlier, (newcomers thought i was bs lol) and it was lagging quite a bit. there were MANY mic spammers though

You can always playerlist mute these people, but if you feel the need to waste more time recording a demo and posting it, do it.

if you were allowed to spam music, and if it was only one person, i would

there were 3-4 people who were spamming music (i told them to stop at least 4 times)

then report me!!!!!!!! I spam stuff over the mic!!!!

Not going to, then it's your loss :P

Meh I don't spam music, just a 1 sec sound clip like "No!" or some other phrase that is less than 2 seconds long. Once in a while, if I'm on the jihadist race, I may play the jihadist sound just for lulz.

p.s. what's w/ all the music/clip spammers now? I'm gonna start demoing/reporting them. It's damned annoying when I have my own music playing.

It's been like this for a while now, I have been playing with voice_enable 0 for... I dunno maybe 2 months lol I only change it to normal briefly if I have a good reason, else it's just not worth it.

lol the 2 months where i stopped playing cuz i went to college?

damn

i'm gonna have to start laying down the law.

p.s. Space is a good admin. Mad Props.

Sign in to follow this