Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Race Whoring Rule

So, I'm curious, what would you guys prefer to have as the rule for race whoring, the current:

No Race Whoring` If you are on a maxed race, have at least 24 kills, and you have a kill:death ratio of more than 4 to 1, you must switch to a non max as soon as you die, or within two rounds, whichever comes first. If all races are maxed you still need to switch to another race. After you switch, if after four rounds your ratio is still at least 4:1, you must switch again. Continue switching every four rounds thereafter, until your ratio becomes something less than 3:1.

or

No Race Whoring` If you are on a maxed race, have at least 24 kills, and you have a kill:death ratio of more than 4 to 1, you must switch to a new race (preferably an unmaxed race) as soon as you die, or within two rounds, whichever comes first. In addition, after you switch, if after four rounds your ratio is still at least 4:1, you must switch again. Continue switching every three rounds thereafter, until your ratio becomes something less than 3:1.

Hmmm?

Guest Horny©at

IDK, I think the whole race whoring argument is pointless. Can someone please tell me again why race whoring is SO bad?

I choose the latter of the two.

i play wcs1 because its fun. it's a game. in this game, you level races to attain a higher level of fun. leveling up races is grunt work. it's addictive because it's a challenge with some definate goal to reach. people who bitch about race whoring are obviously forgetting the point of the game. to have fun. I whore plenty of races all the time and love it. people whore races all the time on wcs1 and no one bitches about it until someone starts doing really well. that's absurd.

with respect to the 4:1 or 24:4 or whatever rule- wcs1 is a skill server. when all the levels got wiped the other day, everyone was back at zero. what was interesting, was that all the people who normally get bitched at for whipping too much ass, still whipped too much ass, regardless of the fact that they were playing level 0 races. it was impressive. it most definately proved the fact that playing a maxed race isn't a 'golden ticket' to killing the shit out of everyone.

i propose this: wipe wcs2 levels. it isn't a skill server. the race defines the player on that server and it would make sense to clear em all and let everyone start over from scratch and have a fair chance at kicking some ass. it's inherent and proven that maxed races don't make the player on wcs1. the only thing that would happen if wcs1's levels were cleared, would be a bunch of people pissed off because they can't have the same fun they had when they could rock all the races they worked so hard to achieve. the spreads would still be the same. people would still bitch about something being unfair.

please don't clear the levels. it just doesn't make sense.

ewww.... I'm going to have to get on when on one is there and get some quicky lvl ups with bomb and hosties :D

Oh if you follow that logic, then how do you explain me then hm?

I'm all luck and most of my kills are indeed lucky BS shots or lucky knives.

i play wcs1 because its fun. it's a game. in this game, you level races to attain a higher level of fun. leveling up races is grunt work. it's addictive because it's a challenge with some definate goal to reach. people who bitch about race whoring are obviously forgetting the point of the game. to have fun. I whore plenty of races all the time and love it. people whore races all the time on wcs1 and no one bitches about it until someone starts doing really well. that's absurd.

with respect to the 4:1 or 24:4 or whatever rule- wcs1 is a skill server. when all the levels got wiped the other day, everyone was back at zero. what was interesting, was that all the people who normally get bitched at for whipping too much ass, still whipped too much ass, regardless of the fact that they were playing level 0 races. it was impressive. it most definately proved the fact that playing a maxed race isn't a 'golden ticket' to killing the shit out of everyone.

i propose this: wipe wcs2 levels. it isn't a skill server. the race defines the player on that server and it would make sense to clear em all and let everyone start over from scratch and have a fair chance at kicking some ass. it's inherent and proven that maxed races don't make the player on wcs1. the only thing that would happen if wcs1's levels were cleared, would be a bunch of people pissed off because they can't have the same fun they had when they could rock all the races they worked so hard to achieve. the spreads would still be the same. people would still bitch about something being unfair.

Umm.... NONE of this.

Has nothing to do with topic at hand.

Inherent and proven...lawlz?

I propose, clear the rule entirely. No rule at all.

And if the rule is kept, keep it the same, but move it to 5:1.

Edit: All you're going to get in the WCS1 subforum is WCS2 bashing, so this informal survey is fixed.

Bashing would only happen if the issue is brought up. So, congratulations, you just made an idiot out of yourself.

I propose, clear the rule entirely. No rule at all.

And if the rule is kept, keep it the same, but move it to 5:1.

Yay, Link has seen the light. (:

Both of those options is something I would agree with. If people are so persistent of keeping the rule, then atleast change it to 5:1. That way the rule would be nearly obsolete.

it most definately proved the fact that playing a maxed race isn't a 'golden ticket' to killing the shit out of everyone.

Bashing would only happen if the issue is brought up. So, congratulations, you just made an idiot out of yourself.

Sounds like someone already started to bash server 2. Server 2 is a non skill server, while server 1 is. Bullshit. Same thing would happen on server 2. The people who have to change bcause they race whore, are still going to be the same people on the top. I dont know why server 1 ppl think that its SOOO much different with players from server 2. Just bcause they can't seem to get good scores on server 2 they have to say its all because of the races. It has to do with skill as well.

So pebbz, it already started and it started from a player in server 1.

It's also not about a golden ticket to getting good scores, its handicapping someone to balance the gameplay of the server. As yiyas has said before, this rule would cease to exist if they can provide a decend team balancing script that includes people's race level, rank etc...

I remember a time when you could single handedly stack a team....

and then fox would slay you twelve times...

those were the days...

Anyways, this has been brought up many times before.. Its true that skill is what predominately makes the score, shitty players will always be shitty players, doesn't really matter what race they use. People will always find something to bitch about. This rule is fine the way it is, it is the closest compromise this clan came up with after many months of horseshit debates. Besides, the WCS servers are made to have fun in, not competitive. Shitty players need to have fun too.

I remember a time when you could single handedly stack a team....

and then fox would slay you twelve times...

those were the days...

And lol days those were. :D

Seeing Bios whore Architect race and screaming while high lol.

Meh, I bet it was me that started it.

And lol days those were. :D

Seeing Bios whore Architect race and screaming while high lol.

Meh, I bet it was me that started it.

what did you start?

Anyways, I personally think, the race whoring rule could be abolished if there were a way to handicap the players with higher ratios, until there ratio comes down.

An Architect race ey... Hmm... I guess having a race with norecoil and 1hit 1kill bullets would be fun =3 I think the first rule is best as waiting for someone to die is lame shit. I could make it that when someone is over 4:1 it sets them to a random lvl 0 race every round until it drops below that lolz.

Get rid of the rule please and implement a script which balances the teams.

Darkonus is the exception here... implement a script that does not allow him to pick Human General or Fire Dragon.

Just kidding Darko LOL.

Sounds like someone already started to bash server 2. Server 2 is a non skill server, while server 1 is. Bullshit. Same thing would happen on server 2. The people who have to change bcause they race whore, are still going to be the same people on the top. I dont know why server 1 ppl think that its SOOO much different with players from server 2.

First off, I didn't really consider it bashing. It's his opinion. If he finds that WCS1 is more skillful than WCS2, then no one can tell him otherwise. When someone says that this poll or feedback is bias when it ONLY affects WCS1, I'd say that is pretty stupid. WCS2 should have no relevance it the decision of WCS1. So let's just drop WCS2 out of the picture, okay?

Just bcause they can't seem to get good scores on server 2 they have to say its all because of the races. It has to do with skill as well.

Can you get any more ignorant? You're assuming the whole WCS1 population can't do as well on WCS2. Please don't make assumptions that you are clearly bias against. I don't have anything against WCS2 players nor the server (except for the instability due to the coding), and I don't think you can honestly say the same.

It's also not about a golden ticket to getting good scores, its handicapping someone to balance the gameplay of the server. As yiyas has said before, this rule would cease to exist if they can provide a decend team balancing script that includes people's race level, rank etc...

And that's where the problem lies. There are other ways of balancing teams than handicapping someone who is doing good. The whole idea of hindering someone's ability to play their race is stupid.

I'm also glad that Link agrees with these rules are unnecessary. Seems like you're getting less and less supporters as time grows, Noire.

In an interesting twist, there hasn't exactly been alot of people on WC2 lately and I have been playing every so often the past week with maxed races that exceed a 4:1 kdr, and yes I know I should have switched but the weird thing is that absolutely no one has complained at all. Not to say its ok if no one complains, and I have switched sides if my team was stacked. But yea, odd. Im not sure if there are more new players on nowdays or what, but definitely some regulars still when im on..

umm....

how about... just don't be a dick, and you only have to switch races when someone asks you to politely.

and for rules. no racewhoring rule, or if it is kept, make it 5:1 to 25 kills, and if you switch, you have to go another 25 kills before you have to switch off of it.

edit: LEAVE FUCKING WCS2 OUT OF THIS THREAD. IT HAS NO PLACE IN THIS THREAD. THIS IS ABOUT, AND ONLY ABOUT, WCS1

But if your talking about a rule that is implemented to both servers, how can you leave out WC2 in this debate and just have it affect WC1. If it changes in one server it should change in the other server.

i don't think it's meant for both servers if only one thread was made in the wcs1 subforum. obviously, wcs2 already has a 'racewhore' rules that you ALL agree on and think it's perfect. so... you wcs2 people are happy with your racewhore rule, we wcs1 people aren't.

Therefore, from my assumptions of Mario only posting this thread in the wcs1 forum and not the wcs2, and from my assumptions that you wcs2 people were all fine and dandy with the existing racewhoring rule, this is about WCS#1.

edit: i just repeated myself twice :\... thank you orgo exam

Get rid of the rule please and implement a script which balances the teams.

Darkonus is the exception here... implement a script that does not allow him to pick Human General or Fire Dragon.

Just kidding Darko LOL.

Ohhh...I see what you did there. Go ahead, I'll still pwn. ^^ lol

BTW its not Fire Dragon its...

Iyedol is my hero.

-Darkonus

Ohhh...I see what you did there. Go ahead, I'll still pwn. ^^ lol

BTW its not Fire Dragon its...

Iyedol is my hero.

-Darkonus

Sounds like a new race idea.

Why do you have to be so against WC2? I only play there cause that's where I started playing if I had started playing in WC1 I would have stayed there as well. Were playing the same game whether its different races or not. And if your saying that WC2 has had the rule and WC1 has not than I did not know that. And who said us "WC2 people" as you call us are all fine and dandy with that rule? I know I didn't have a say in it, but I can't change it so I live with it..

How about a teamstacking rule instead? I'd rather people be able to play whatever they want and be forced to even the teams.

An automatic thing where the teams are scrambled if a team wins five in a row would work.

Guest Horny©at

Oh you mean kinda like tennis where you switch teams every set. That may be interesting. I vote for this idea. Just scramble the teams every 5 rounds or something.

That is very true, often times a player is only good cause he has a good team to back him up, whenever he's in trouble he has help which makes him look better then if he is on a team that isn't doing as well. But there is definitely those few people who can play good on either team no matter if its stacked or not.

Sign in to follow this