Sign in to follow this  
Konah

A turn for the worst.

I have been busy as hell putting in overtime at work lately so I haven't been able to play a ton, and I can honestly say I was pretty disappointed when I logged back into WCS1 today. We now have an increased number of assholes on the server (and more than a few have admin, great job there) and also a race with wards... When was it decided that WCS1 would be hosting ward races? That is a WCS2 thing, and something that was meant to separate this server from the rest. This server has been fine forever without shit like that.

/endrant

Those two things combined together make it worse, but really... ward races should not be welcome here. Stick to the game plan.

Let's discuss how teams get stacked constantly.

Let's discuss how people say the 4:1 rule isnt official.

Let's discuss how when you say the teams are stacked, the stacked team tells the nonstacked team it's their fault and to play better.

Let's discuss... Yeah you get the point those two things are jsut the tip of the iceberg.

Let's discuss how people say the 4:1 rule isnt official.

No one listens to that rule, and I haven't even seen Yiyas enforces it. So yes, it isn't official if the ENGINEER of the server doesn't enforce it. I've been playing Zeus for awhile now and I haven't had a single complaint of the race being 'OP' and that I should get off (except for Mimic, but he's a bitch :P). Racewhoring is to prevent people from using overpowered races, but WCS1 is pretty balanced. Of course, there's more distinct races than others, but I've never had a huge complaint about any races.

Let's discuss how when you say the teams are stacked, the stacked team tells the nonstacked team it's their fault and to play better.

To be fair, it is true. I haven't played WCS1 for extended amounts of time, so I don't know really what the server is like anymore. I just usually pop in for 20 minutes and then leave.

Also, what's wrong with ward races? :S

No one listens to that rule, and I haven't even seen Yiyas enforces it. So yes, it isn't official if the ENGINEER of the server doesn't enforce it. I've been playing Zeus for awhile now and I haven't had a single complaint of the race being 'OP' and that I should get off (except for Mimic, but he's a bitch :P). Racewhoring is to prevent people from using overpowered races, but WCS1 is pretty balanced. Of course, there's more distinct races than others, but I've never had a huge complaint about any races.

To be fair, it is true. I haven't played WCS1 for extended amounts of time, so I don't know really what the server is like anymore. I just usually pop in for 20 minutes and then leave.

Also, what's wrong with ward races? :S

These are the reasons i dont play in WCS1, there are rules which people dont follow.

I like rules, and i think other people should follow them if I have too.

Rules are what they are rules, you should be banned if you dont follow them,

Refer to these stickies at the top of the page.

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12844

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19643

I dont see anywhere in the rules where it says if The ENGINEER doesnt follow rules no one else has too.

and I haven't had a single complaint of the race being 'OP' and that I should get off (except for Mimic, but he's a bitch :P).

>:*(

Here's an idea. Yiyas, why don't you code the server to kick anyone who doesn't follow the 4:1 rule? In fact, ban them for 30 minutes so that they don't just come right back in and start whoring again. I'm no coder, but it doesn't sound too hard to do.

People aren't suddenly going to start following rules if they haven't already. They haven't been punished for it so they think its OK. Admins I see on server 1 are a bunch of softies that don't know the actual server rules in place and don't enforce them.

People who buy admins usually do not have the intention of enforcing every rules. Since this clan's rank system is based on seniority, people who join the clan and do nothing would eventually get admin. They did not earn it and it is usually wont be revoked if they don't do anything. This is the flaw.

People aren't suddenly going to start following rules if they haven't already. They haven't been punished for it so they think its OK. Admins I see on server 1 are a bunch of softies that don't know the actual server rules in place and don't enforce them.

People who buy admins usually do not have the intention of enforcing every rules. Since this clan's rank system is based on seniority, people who join the clan and do nothing would eventually get admin. They did not earn it and it is usually wont be revoked if they don't do anything. This is the flaw.

This.

And actually im wondering how many daily/weekly admins visit wcs1.

I know that at least 20 different admins are on wcs2 throughout the week.

When ive played wcs1, the only admin i remember seeing was iyedol (no longer admin).

No that he was enforcing all of the rules, but some of them.

I dont mean any of that to sound bad tho, dont take it that way. You cant govern a server alone.

ward races are fail...

but wait, i haven't been in the server for a long time

i'll check it out now

and battlebug, just b/c u don't get scores of 4:1 doesn't mean other people can't. You would kick a big portion of the players with ur code addition. Believe me i can go 4:1 w/ most of the races on the server, usually 3:1 if i'm on the losing team, which i usually am on. i actually switch when people ask me nicely

You sure you didn't log onto #2 Konah? We have one ward race on #1. It is private. It is supposed to heal. It is broke. Any complaints about admins go in complaint department with adequate proof. Also I asked you all what you guys wanted on the server and even you said you wanted healing wards: http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19750

4:1 Ratio isn't greatly important to me as long as the teams are balanced. However, I haven't had sm_admin on wcs#1 for past fortnight so I have been unable to enforce any rules at all.

Maybe when #2 is repaired #1 will get it's regular flow of people back. I'll try to either find or create a auto-balancing script which evens teams by their total ratio of K/D or siphons stats of hlx.

Nope it was 1, and the race wasn't private because I could access it. It was the Starfall attack, and I noticed it because we were playing cs_assault and taking massive amounts of damage from nowhere. The 4:1 ratio isn't for our server because our races aren't broken, and people who have been playing here forever know that. But it is when new punks come in and bitch, buy admin and slay people for it, that makes things out of hand.

Nope it was 1, and the race wasn't private because I could access it. It was the Starfall attack, and I noticed it because we were playing cs_assault and taking massive amounts of damage from nowhere. The 4:1 ratio isn't for our server because our races aren't broken, and people who have been playing here forever know that. But it is when new punks come in and bitch, buy admin and slay people for it, that makes things out of hand.

So the 4:1 ratio only applies to our servers where races are broken? I dint read that anywhere

Could you please give me a link..

I dont understand how things get out of hand when a new admin comes in and follows the rules....

Don't complain about wards without knowing what is a ward and what isn't

Kai I could care less about where you guys got the idea from, but the fact is that it is an AoE DoT right? Just like a ward is an AoE DoT? Those kind of things are too much damage for too little skill in an FPS.

And no link, it is not on the website, it is just how people have been playing on the server for as long as I can remember. And you never play on WCS1, how would you even know?

Constant msgs flooding into me via steam/xfire complaining about people in server1.

And your right, i never play on server1. Well at least not as much as you.

I played on server1 until I maxed out kil jaeden(when I was there it was the final race on the list)... and then I switched over to server2 and maxed all but 2 of the races there... I will never be seen on s1 again unless s2 is down or full.

Too much damage for too little skill? You do realise chain lightning deals 32 dmg without any skill. Roots can freeze knifers and shooting them requires no skill. Undead explosion deals about 200dmg with no skill. Jihad presses a button and kills anyone you're near. Crit grenade can deal up to 200dmg with minor skill. Most poison skills deal 10-15 dmg after their run and that damage can be applied numerous times. None of these damages can be avoided.

Starfall: Oh I've been hit by starfall. I'll guess I'll -move out of it's radius- hey look I only took 10-30 dmg. It doesn't slow you like serpant ward and I've yet to see anyone get a kill with its 500unit,~45ft radius.

Give me my basic admin back and you won't have a softie admin no more. I am sore thumb on the subject of racewhoring and will switch people to balance teams up.

Too bad Ranking system isn't up yet or I wouldn't be posting this response.

So the 4:1 ratio only applies to our servers where races are broken? I dint read that anywhere

Could you please give me a link...

Please tell me, what is the purpose of a racewhoring rule? Is it to stop people from constantly playing overpowered or broken races? If so, then that really doesn't apply to WCS1 as much as it applies to WCS2. Of course, you can't claim WCS1 is 'perfect' balance, but it is definitely better than WCS2's current situation.

A rule is suppose to have purpose, and causing a player to switch races just because he/she is doing well isn't a good reason.

Please tell me, what is the purpose of a racewhoring rule? Is it to stop people from constantly playing overpowered or broken races? If so, then that really doesn't apply to WCS1 as much as it applies to WCS2. Of course, you can't claim WCS1 is 'perfect' balance, but it is definitely better than WCS2's current situation.

A rule is suppose to have purpose, and causing a player to switch races just because he/she is doing well isn't a good reason.

I would just like to add your solely stating your opinion here.

And I think there is only one broken race on wcs2. Blade storm/windwalk.

so starfall is supposed to heal your teammates right?

and its a private race?

so all that has to happen is it must be fixed?

wuts the problem here? and i thought konah could play private races

and link... i can list numerous races on wcs2 that are op, vampire (the flashing invis race), abyss, cowboy, lurker

and i agree w/ blackmage and whoever said admin has been given out to new people

like i said before, give big regular players a tiny bit of admin control on their server. such as slay and teamswitch

Played for an hour today, and I really don't know what you guys are talking about. No assholes, no stupid admins, no nothing. Just good, fun WCS1 gameplay. (:

Starfall damages enemys in your vicinity, as long as you are alive, for 10dmg/s for up to 5s while it freezes you and leaves you vulnerable to attack. This isn't a ward. You can't spam it like lightning so it will always hit a player, you need to know someone is there or take a chance. The damage isn't always full, if someone runs out of the radius they dont take any more damage.

The healing ward is "sanctuary" on priest, which is a private race. You press ultimate to make an area on the map heal you and your teammates up to a certain HP. You aren't frozen and it doesn't dissapear when you die. This is a ward.

Choice of admins aren't up to me. Black Mage you're a lvl4 you should be able to apply for admin.

And LinK if there was only one broken race then wcs2 wouldnt be crashing so prominently.

sadly yiyas, until they put the rank system back up, there is no point in me bugging them to give me admin powers. If I recall correctly, Mario removed ALL non-paying admins off and left only the ones that were paying for admin on there. I Pmed Coinstar about this and never got a reply so I'm assuming they're changing something on the rank stuff.

Just a minorish update here: I've just finished redoing our admin system to fix admin on some servers, and update everyone's admin permisions to include all our active servers. Admin is also now fully functional on all UV servers, including our new Bunny Hop Server!

While doing this, I've also deleted anyone who did not have an active subscription on these forums for admin, receiving it as a level perk, or a staff member.

If for any reason you feel your admin should not have been removed, send me a send me a Private Message on the forums with your reason and I'll look into it.

Sign in to follow this