Sign in to follow this  
driz

End of Subscription

One more thing.

Since we currently do not have Google ads. The rule is currently invalid.

Please stop trolling my threads, if you have something valid to say, say it... but you argue anything said by anyone. It doesn't help in any way, but it also doesn't support you... just chill. I, as a software developer, do not like warez, if you do, cool, but a community that supports it loses my donation. That's what the thread is about and I ask that you respect my feeling on the matter.

When i posted my comment in the thread, I first clicked "rules" and copied/pasted the rule regarding warez... it states:

B. Threads must not contain any around, close, or directly to these topics:

---Warez

Saying "find a windows7 torrent" would be around/close to the topic of warez. If that rule is changed, i will stfu. until then, i dont see

in the rules anywhere. I copied and pasted directly from the link.

You can disagree with me, i support that, and those type of discussions should immediately go to PM or ventrillo (im not in there, but i will boot windows and get in if needed) disagreements between admins should be kept in private, to not detract from the overall structure of the organization (business 101 anyone?)

You are also correct that MS can not do anything until they issue a DMCA C&D... should it come to that though? A mature community will prevent that type of action being necessitated by preventing the behavior.

I may be wrong, but I feel that Coinstar would prefer a preventative organization rather than a reactive... Getting heat from MS over some bullshit is really not what the community needs.

Ah, yes, you are correct regarding Warez. I overlooked that while I was looking.

Regardless, I do not agree that the mere mention of the possibility of downloading something that is copyrighted should be against forum policy. I do, however, believe that any information regarding how to pirate, where to pirate or the best ways to pirate anything should remain against forum policy.

No, it should not come to the need of a DMCA order. However, as per my previous statement, I don't see that we need to go so far as to completely ban any and all talk about piracy. Piracy happens all the time; do I think it's right? No, no I do not. Do I think it's good? No. Do I think we should allow the advertisement of piracy? Again, no. I know this may sound hypocritical but that's the way I look at it.

tl;dr - No posting of links, torrents or trackers I completely and 100% agree with. No talking about piracy at all, I do not agree with.

These are just my opinions, of course. I'm not saying you're wrong, merely stating my view point.

Please stop trolling my threads, if you have something valid to say, say it... but you argue anything said by anyone. It doesn't help in any way, but it also doesn't support you... just chill. I, as a software developer, do not like warez, if you do, cool, but a community that supports it loses my donation. That's what the thread is about and I ask that you respect my feeling on the matter.

Quite honestly...

This clan will not miss your $15 every month, nor will it miss your support.

The clan will not change the rules to please you, you're not that important.

The rules are the rules as you said, perhaps rewording is in order, but most people seem to be able to understand what was intended. you and chosen being the exception.

One more thing.

Since we currently do not have Google ads. The rule is currently invalid.

Wrong.

Quite honestly...

This clan will not miss your $15 every month, nor will it miss your support.

You gonna pick up his subscription? If not, then yes, we will miss the $15 a month.

Instead of addressing the issue as to why a member of this community wants to leave and stop the donation you guys have started a flame war. I see why he has said that the maturity level of people is below what was expected. Why not try to come to a workable conclusion so that both parties are happy. No no we can’t do that lets back our friends up. Let point out that he hasn’t been here long enough to be in the clique

Agreed.

When i posted my comment in the thread, I first clicked "rules" and copied/pasted the rule regarding warez... it states:

B. Threads must not contain any around, close, or directly to these topics:

---Warez

Saying "find a windows7 torrent" would be around/close to the topic of warez. If that rule is changed, i will stfu. until then, i dont see

in the rules anywhere. I copied and pasted directly from the link.

You can disagree with me, i support that, and those type of discussions should immediately go to PM or ventrillo (im not in there, but i will boot windows and get in if needed) disagreements between admins should be kept in private, to not detract from the overall structure of the organization (business 101 anyone?)

You are also correct that MS can not do anything until they issue a DMCA C&D... should it come to that though? A mature community will prevent that type of action being necessitated by preventing the behavior.

I may be wrong, but I feel that Coinstar would prefer a preventative organization rather than a reactive... Getting heat from MS over some bullshit is really not what the community needs.

You are right, the rules do say that; as the person who helped write those rules though, the intent of the rule was more against providing a location to download warez. Telling someone to "download a windows 7 torrent" is a violation, but it's one of the ones where we would give a verbal warning for it; it's not something that by itself warrants and infraction.

This is something that should have been brought to the attention of one of the Managers rather than a thread like this being made. What's done is done though.

I would ask you to stay and reconsider, but I think enough of a rift now has formed between you and some of the other members, to a point where either one or the other is going to have to quit before it ends. Honestly, I think you and Chosen brought something positive to the community and it kind of let's me down that you're signing out. Best of luck.

Ah, yes, you are correct regarding Warez. I overlooked that while I was looking.

Regardless, I do not agree that the mere mention of the possibility of downloading something that is copyrighted should be against forum policy. I do, however, believe that any information regarding how to pirate, where to pirate or the best ways to pirate anything should remain against forum policy.

No, it should not come to the need of a DMCA order. However, as per my previous statement, I don't see that we need to go so far as to completely ban any and all talk about piracy. Piracy happens all the time; do I think it's right? No, no I do not. Do I think it's good? No. Do I think we should allow the advertisement of piracy? Again, no. I know this may sound hypocritical but that's the way I look at it.

tl;dr - No posting of links, torrents or trackers I completely and 100% agree with. No talking about piracy at all, I do not agree with.

These are just my opinions, of course. I'm not saying you're wrong, merely stating my view point.

Understood, all people are entitled to their opinions... However, this thread was the reason I will no longer donate... it really wasn't meant to start a flameware... it's my reasoning for cancelling my subscription. I like the community, but i dont like some of the actions of the more senior members...

i'll pick up the subscription....

I appreciate you picking up my tab fatb0y. Not that I don't believe you, but I would also appreciate seeing a screenshot of your 30/mo subscription... does your offer also include chosen's 15/month? in which case a screenshot showing your 45$/month subscription would be appreciated. At that time, i will respect your post and not consider it trolling.

Wrong.

You gonna pick up his subscription? If not, then yes, we will miss the $15 a month.

Agreed.

You are right, the rules do say that; as the person who helped write those rules though, the intent of the rule was more against providing a location to download warez. Telling someone to "download a windows 7 torrent" is a violation, but it's one of the ones where we would give a verbal warning for it; it's not something that by itself warrants and infraction.

This is something that should have been brought to the attention of one of the Managers rather than a thread like this being made. What's done is done though.

I would ask you to stay and reconsider, but I think enough of a rift now has formed between you and some of the other members, to a point where either one or the other is going to have to quit before it ends. Honestly, I think you and Chosen brought something positive to the community and it kind of let's me down that you're signing out. Best of luck.

We can talk off forum (xfire/vent/pm) if you'd like... I assumed when clay deleted the thread that meant it was brought to a manager's attention, which is the cause of my reaction.

I appreciate you picking up my tab fatb0y. Not that I don't believe you, but I would also appreciate seeing a screenshot of your 30/mo subscription... does your offer also include chosen's 15/month? in which case a screenshot showing your 45$/month subscription would be appreciated. At that time, i will respect your post and not consider it trolling.

I have no need for your respect.

We can talk off forum (xfire/vent/pm) if you'd like... I assumed when clay deleted the thread that meant it was brought to a manager's attention, which is the cause of my reaction.

Technically Clay didn't delete the thread. This was the main reason for my posting in here in the first place.

He moved it to the Trash which, while it may seem like it's deleting it, it's merely a non-postable, but readily viewable, section of the forums. Threads in the Trash are never deleted, as you can see by browsing through a few pages of it, and, thus, I did not understand what the issue with that was.

Technically Clay didn't delete the thread. This was the main reason for my posting in here in the first place.

He moved it to the Trash which, while it may seem like it's deleting it, it's merely a non-postable, but readily viewable, section of the forums. Threads in the Trash are never deleted, as you can see by browsing through a few pages of it, and, thus, I did not understand what the issue with that was.

gotcha, that was a misunderstanding on my part. I looked through tech forums and didn't see it anymore and had to pull from history to find it. I didn't notice until recently it was in the trash... although... the moving of it at all was a tad beyond my understanding.

I have no need for your respect.

so are you taking up chosen and i's subscriptions or not? I'd rather not see a community fail based on expectations of a member who lies... You may not need my respect, but you make claims without support...

As many "forum-goers" say, screenshot or it's a lie.

so are you taking up chosen and i's subscriptions or not? I'd rather not see a community fail based on expectations of a member who lies... You may not need my respect, but you make claims without support...

As many "forum-goers" say, screenshot or it's a lie.

No, I'm not taking up both subscriptions.

I never said I would.

Perhaps it is my fault for being unclear.

When I said "I'll pick up the subscription" I meant your $15 per month subscription.

EDIT: I also have no need to prove anything to you.

Also I work as a computer technician and have been in talk with Microsoft many times. It is not ILLEGAL to DOWNLOAD Windows 7 you can download 300000 copies and it is not illegal. The person who posted it can be charged but not you for downloading as long as you do not DISTRIBUTE the copies you are fine. Call Microsoft and ask that is what they informed my boss of when they "secret shopped" our store.

This thread: tl;dr. Anybody care to dumb-en it down for me please? I read the first post, seems to me that there be some pirates amongst us...And what. Also, do not recruit for the army in this clan if that is what you are doing, probably not but I can't be bothered to get my facts right at this current moment on the space and time continuum.

This thread: tl;dr. Anybody care to dumb-en it down for me please? I read the first post, seems to me that there be some pirates amongst us...And what. Also, do not recruit for the army in this clan if that is what you are doing, probably not but I can't be bothered to get my facts right at this current moment on the space and time continuum.

your right thats what it says

Driz, you are an idiot. Microsoft probably receives 50000000000000 complaints a day. You really think they will bother about someone mentioning pirating a copy of their operating system on a gaming website? Think about it. This forum isn't doing anything illegal. Even if one posted a link to a torrent, we still aren't liable. Just as Google will return search results to torrents. We are NOT HOSTING THE COPYRIGHTED FILE.

Also I work as a computer technician and have been in talk with Microsoft many times. It is not ILLEGAL to DOWNLOAD Windows 7 you can download 300000 copies and it is not illegal. The person who posted it can be charged but not you for downloading as long as you do not DISTRIBUTE the copies you are fine. Call Microsoft and ask that is what they informed my boss of when they "secret shopped" our store.

Wow, dude please don't spread lies to the community.

....so tired....not recruiting....just answering questions....how many times can I say it?

Driz, you are an idiot. Microsoft probably receives 50000000000000 complaints a day. You really think they will bother about someone mentioning pirating a copy of their operating system on a gaming website? Think about it. This forum isn't doing anything illegal. Even if one posted a link to a torrent, we still aren't liable. Just as Google will return search results to torrents. We are NOT HOSTING THE COPYRIGHTED FILE.

I'll screenshot their response when I get it. I have no need need to lie about it. Sorry dude, but "idiot" isn't something that applies to me or driz. See our intro's for clarification....

I'll screenshot their response when I get it. I have no need need to lie about it. Sorry dude, but "idiot" isn't something that applies to me or driz. See our intro's for clarification....

Fuckin' lol. Says the guy that has to triple post to respond to 3 posts. He wasn't saying you were lying. He was saying that your report is so obsolete and pointless.

As for that, that could be possibly true.

^See what I did thar?

Well since you and driz already sent out the complaint, this thread is pointless.

Drop it until you have something new to report.

Locked.