Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

Army Talk

If you want to go the GS route you need to look for ALL jobs in the GS-2210 series. Those are the IT geeks. The GS 2210’s usually range from GS-9 to GS-15. Its good money and its almost impossible to get fired.

That quote made me lol for some reason. heh.

Guest Fohacidal
Im so happy to know that i can join the ROTC without having scholarships sigh of relief...

thinking of doing something with linguistics or communications/radar 8)

Go translator, if you take classes for high demand languages you can earn lots of money going places

thats basically what i meant by linguistics

but the language i would try to do would be russian/eastern european or something that stems off spanish (phillipino french romantic languages etc...)

I know phillipino is in somewhat high of demand and i know russian is

now, obviously arabic is but i want to try to stay away from that...

My other option would be air traffic control because i know that is in HIGH demand and it always probably will be...

only problem with that is that it has a high wash out rate

thats basically what i meant by linguistics

but the language i would try to do would be russian/eastern european or something that stems off spanish (phillipino french romantic languages etc...)

I know phillipino is in somewhat high of demand and i know russian is

now, obviously arabic is but i want to try to stay away from that...

My other option would be air traffic control because i know that is in HIGH demand and it always probably will be...

only problem with that is that it has a high wash out rate

All of the Linguist are in Military Intelligence, Special Forces or Special Operations. It’s possible to have another job AND go to language school. You can join ROTC without a scholarship. However, you have until your Junior year to decide if you want the scholarship. The funny thing is if you decide to become a MI Officer with or without the scholarship, you still MIGHT owe 3 years Active Duty.

The Army paid for my Undergrad, a major chunk of my Masters in IT, all of my Masters in Social Work, and all of my Doctor of Behavioral Medicine. You have to shop around and get the best deal for your education. I'm not a language expert, but in my experience MI had most of the assets.

The Army paid for my Undergrad, a major chunk of my Masters in IT, all of my Masters in Social Work, and all of my Doctor of Behavioral Medicine. You have to shop around and get the best deal for your education. I'm not a language expert, but in my experience MI had most of the assets.

How exactly is education handled? Can you be considered still working for the army/navy/AF/marines while going off and getting your masters or whatnot?

How exactly is education handled? Can you be considered still working for the army/navy/AF/marines while going off and getting your masters or whatnot?

My "job" is student. My place of "duty" is the school. Most programs allow you to attend a school of your choice. You wear regular clothes and you are just a normal college student. My program is located at Ft Sam Houston (San Antonio), but I wear a uniform to class and clinical. My pay doesn't change and I'll even get promoted to Major the final year of my Doctor of Behavioral Medicine.

That's just one of the benefits I have, but you don't start off that way. I had to earn it and I had to show the aptitude for IT and medicine.

Guest Fohacidal
My "job" is student. My place of "duty" is the school. Most programs allow you to attend a school of your choice. You wear regular clothes and you are just a normal college student. My program is located at Ft Sam Houston (San Antonio), but I wear a uniform to class and clinical. My pay doesn't change and I'll even get promoted to Major the final year of my Doctor of Behavioral Medicine.

That's just one of the benefits I have, but you don't start off that way. I had to earn it and I had to show the aptitude for IT and medicine.

We should link up just for shits and giggles, I was at BAMC earlier today and then had lunch at BK next to the PX

That would fine. Just hit me up in RL, I'm mostly free all next week.

Nice that means that we will see you in the server more that would be better ha ha we MISS YOU BUD WE NEED A ADMIN THAT DOSENT PLAY IN WCS 2

Nice that means that we will see you in the server more that would be better ha ha we MISS YOU BUD WE NEED A ADMIN THAT DOSENT PLAY IN WCS 2

My patient load should subside around the 8th. Until then, it's mostly forums for me.

Guest Fohacidal
Do you know anything about the canadian army?

i lolled

Do you know anything about the canadian army?

I saw the Canadian Army in Kuwait back in 2005. The Canadians, the Japanese, and I think the Italians were the only units that had GREEN uniforms in the desert. I LOL'd so hard.

FACT: The US-Canadian border is the largest undefended border in the world (They didn’t have much practice back then).

I saw the Canadian Army in Kuwait back in 2005. The Canadians, the Japanese, and I think the Italians were the only units that had GREEN uniforms in the desert. I LOL'd so hard.

FACT: The US-Canadian border is the largest undefended border in the world (They didn’t have much practice back then).

FACT: Illegal Maple Syrup importation into the United States is at an all time high. Coincidence?

Illegal Drug Lab Below:

wood-fired-maple-syrup-evaporater.jpg

Ok my Brother is thinking of being a Officer thru ROTC and he needs some feedback on any1 who has done ROTC or likewise things.

Driz and I were classmates in ROTC. You can have him ask one of us.

If I want to join the air force, what are the steps?

Enlisted = Air Force Recruiter

Officer = AFROTC at the local 4 yr university

Well dont i have to go threw training and such first as infantry then get chosen for the air force?

No, first you go to Air Force Basic. Then you go to Tech School (learn your job). The Air Force doesn't have Infantry, just the Army and Marines.

ok,umm i have to ask,im in the 10th grade,i want to be a doctor,and i want to be in the army,i want to be in the ROTC program,and i want to get an ROTC scholarship.now having said it blatenly i read up to about the 8th page and am still a little blank.when can i apply for an ROTC schoarship,i have a 3.8 GPA,i am on the raider,drill teams.i do it all the time.but i am no athelete,i am horrible at football,baseball,and any other type of competitive sport.i kick ass at rugby. so what does it take to get the ROTC scholarship? i cant go to college unless i can pay for the whole thing with scholarships,and ROTC and being an doctor in the army are like my 2 highest goals.what can u recomend i do to better be able to get the scholarship.