Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

Army Talk

I've been receiving a lot of questions about the Army and the military in general the past few weeks. Here's your chance. Feel free to ask me anything and I'll give you a "no bs" answer. I'm not a recruiter, so I don’t have to lie :-P. I've experienced the combat roll, the medical roll, and the administrative roll. See my introduction for additional info about the jobs I've had in the Army.

http://www.joinuv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19615

Little do you know the amount of respect I have for the armed forces. What I stated is the truth. Even the grunts of the armed forces know they are cannon fodder. The special ops are the ones who are given the military dedication to get highly important missions done.

So please, take the stick out your ass Mr. Holier than thou

No I like it right were it is. Todays troops are not cannon fodder. 100 years ago maybe but in todays world the us military is one of the few nations that doesn't use its troops as meat shields,cannon fodder or any other name. We ( the U.S.) have a little thing called technology I.E. areal drones, The Negotiator Tactical Manipulator Robot and a whole line up of machines to be put it dangers way before a human steps in. Every member of the U.S. armed forces is as important as the other so act like a big boy and stop trolling every fucking post that touches the forums for just 1 day please.

P.S. I will not continue arguing with you so Goodnight

So please, take the stick out your ass Mr. Holier than thou

You're one to talk.

Only reason you're not getting an infraction for that is because you deserve to be around today to see what goes down and you're 1 infraction away from a 24 hour ban-- get your attitude in check though, because you just used up your free pass for the day.

<3 Junzou.

I stick by what I stand. Troops, as in the ground troops, grunts, front line men, are still cannon fodder compared to the spec. op troops.

You obviously didn't read the Intro thread he linked to in the OP. He's not a "frontline solider," and you're just making a bigger fool of yourself by assuming that and trying to provoke a reaction. Why even bring that up? What purpose does it serve, other than to provoke a hostile reaction? It ends here. Last warning. This has potential to be an interesting topic and I don't want to lock it because you're trying to turn it into an unrelated flame war.

Guest ickypop

You said you would give me a No BS answer so here it goes. What makes the Army better then any other military branch?

Guest Waffle

What happens after you sign-up? Do you just go to training/camp/school? After that are you immediately deployed or can you wait and relax a little bit?

I can answer that one.

After signing up to a military branch, they "recommend" you come to train with them once or twice a week. After an amount of time, they will have you go down to a meps station, where they give you a piss test, eye test, hearing test and physicals. Just hope you don't get the old doctors, they get their jollies off the youngin'

You are than given a "contract" to sign, you swear an "oath" of loyalty, given a ship-date, and are given the belief that from here on out you are the Military's property.

Let me tell you a not so well known secret.

Until you step foot on the bus to bootcamp you are not by ANY stretch of legal means obligated to continue on with the military. You are able to leave at any point, however, AS SOON as you step on that bus, you are the military's till your contract is up, and if they say jump, you WILL say "Sir, How High Sir?"

I can answer that one.

After signing up to a military branch, they "recommend" you come to train with them once or twice a week. After an amount of time, they will have you go down to a meps station, where they give you a piss test, eye test, hearing test and physicals. Just hope you don't get the old doctors, they get their jollies off the youngin'

You are than given a "contract" to sign, you swear an "oath" of loyalty, given a ship-date, and are given the belief that from here on out you are the Military's property.

Let me tell you a not so well known secret.

Until you step foot on the bus to bootcamp you are not by ANY stretch of legal means obligated to continue on with the military. You are able to leave at any point, however, AS SOON as you step on that bus, you are the military's till your contract is up, and if they say jump, you WILL say "Sir, How High Sir?"

Please ignore defiance as he really has no clue what he's talking about. I (or Chosen) will address the questions when im done work (or when he is).

Defiance is also clueless on the missions between special operations forces and everyone else. just disregard anything he says.

Yes, because I didn't go through that with the Marine Corps.

Little known fact, I was signed to join the Corp, than I told them to fuck off when they tried to switch my MOS to grunt.

Note, they are in the military, and went through with the full training. I defected, and learned something not everyone did, which is why he does not/will not believe my statement. Believe it or not, I don't mind. I know the facts of the matter. Not the power drilled into the skull version.

Its the army. Your cannon fodder, nothing more. Hope we don't get into a real war.

If your going to do anything military wise. Get into accounting, or something with computer techs

You're welcome to have your own opinion. However, I wish it was more informed. I've been a CIO of a major area hospital. Oh btw, I have a Masters in IT.

Little known fact, I was signed to join the Corp, than I told them to fuck off when they tried to switch my MOS to grunt.

Note, they are in the military, and went through with the full training. I defected, and learned something not everyone did, which is why he does not/will not believe my statement. Believe it or not, I don't mind. I know the facts of the matter. Not the power drilled into the skull version.

i had a brother that didnt get on the bus and told them to fuck off

hes in prison for life.....

You said you would give me a No BS answer so here it goes. What makes the Army better then any other military branch?

I wouldn’t say 1 branch is better than another. It's like saying which a more important job, police or firefighter. The job or "branch" fits the person personality. In my opinion, the Air Force and Coast Guard are more "chillax" than the other branches. The Marines and Army are the first to hit the ground. The Navy are somewhere in the middle. Each branch has their elite personnel (Rangers, SF, Marine Recon, SEALS, Drug Enforcement, etc.).

We all have are rolls to play. I’m an Army Medical Officer, but I speak the same language as a Navy Medical Officer or an Air Force Medical Officer. Its all about the “person-job” fit.

I'm not assuming that at all. I know he is not a frontline, I've spoken with him before. I am talking on behalf of those front line solders I know.

Well, depending on the recruiter and the amount of research the Soldier does before joining the Armed Forces; its up to the Soldier to choose his/her job. If a Soldier signs up to be a Cook, it's highly unlikely that Soldier will be kicking down doors. You wouldn't choose a career field without the proper research would you? People join for different reasons with different career goals in mind. I didn't sign up to be Infantry; however I've been a MEDEVAC Officer assigned to the 506th INF REG (Band of Brothers). My job was to go where they go and provide medical evacuation support. Unfortunately they went to Sadr City (bleh!).

What happens after you sign-up? Do you just go to training/camp/school? After that are you immediately deployed or can you wait and relax a little bit?

I'll let driz answer this one. He's been Reserves and Active Duty.

The Marines are slighty different than the other branches. In the Marines EVERYONE is a Rifleman first and everything else second.

Nothing.

USAF FTW.

Someone get Felicity in here :D

(If someone is seriously offended by that, I'll remove it; it's meant as light fun :P)

Yeah, my dad was in the AF for 21 years, retired, and still working at a base as an engineer on the huge ass planes.

Also teaches some people there on the shit, too.

i can try to answer. u train and go to school and after that im sure u get time to relax before u get put in active duty because u wouldent want someone out of training going in because they would be tired. now i know im not in the army yet but i do know alot about it.

i also have a question do they let ppl with asthma in.

i am in jrotc right now and am going into my third year another question what would i be if i went in after my 4th year?

Nothing.

USAF FTW.

Someone get Felicity in here :D

Damn straight. :D Nah, truthfully each service is differently specialized, and so you can't really compare them. I will say though that from my experiences, Air Force food >>>>> Army food. Times, like, over 9000.

If anyone here wants to go to college but also wants to join the military, I recommend the ROTC program. It's more laid back than the academies, you still have a shot at getting a scholarship, and when you graduate from college you commission as a 2nd LT / Ensign and have a guaranteed job with benefits waiting for you. It's a good deal all around.