Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

Army Talk

This I can elaborate on for the army. To become a rotor head you need to complete a full package for submission. In this package you need a full physical, qualifying ASVAB (good GT scores) and AFAST scores. You also need a secret clearance and a full flight physical (composed of 2 phases)

Once done and admitted youll also be able to choose additional MOS's before you enter warrant officer training and actual flight school. Good recommendations are airborne and air assault

You are correct, but I think you are confused. This looks like a Warrant Officer requirement. To meet this requirement you must already be in the Army (2-4 years minimum service) as an enlisted or warrant, due to the fact officers don’t take the ASVAB.

Airborne and Air Assault are GREAT recommendations for aspiring Army Aviators. I earned my Air Assault wings at the 101st Airborne Division.

CURRAHEE!

Guest Fohacidal
You are correct, but I think you are confused. This looks like a Warrant Officer requirement. To meet this requirement you must already be in the Army (2-4 years minimum service) as an enlisted or warrant, due to the fact officers don’t take the ASVAB.

Airborne and Air Assault are GREAT recommendations for aspiring Army Aviators. I earned my Air Assault wings at the 101st Airborne Division.

CURRAHEE!

Not anymore, you can join the high school to flight school program now which requires a minimum of 110 score on your GT when you take the ASVAB

Not anymore, you can join the high school to flight school program now which requires a minimum of 110 score on your GT when you take the ASVAB

I stand corrected. They didn’t have this program when I was a high school senior (Class of 2000). It looks like you did your research. Have you completed your flight physical?

FBI is paid better than most think, sure their paygrades are ass and a half. However they get various pays when on assignment that makes them money.

All done and said, if they have a good week, it shows in their check.

starting out, it's good, if you already have a job, it sucks... the locality pay (the only extra pay a regular agent gets) covers the extra cost of living in certain areas... so it's not really "extra" money...

gs10 (after you finish your initial training) is around 40k/yr ish an O2 in the military makes around 60k/yr and it only takes 18months from O1 to O2

thats pimp-alicious... I hear you can also assess directly into special forces now... craziness.

make sure your crotch isn't too high... seriously... you can't fly a choppa is your crotch is too high... a friend found out after already getting the branch and everything :(

Guest Waffle
ima get myself a choppa

All hell is loose once you get a choppa. :(...

GET TO DA CHOPPA!

P.S. have you guys ever heard someone actually say "Get to the choppa"? XD

All hell is loose once you get a choppa. :(...

GET TO DA CHOPPA!

P.S. have you guys ever heard someone actually say "Get to the choppa"? XD

only in the movies! actually during combat, i've only ever been on a C17 and C130... no choppas :(

Guest Fohacidal
I stand corrected. They didn’t have this program when I was a high school senior (Class of 2000). It looks like you did your research. Have you completed your flight physical?

Done with everything save the second half of my flight physical actually, its taken me awhile to get all this sorted out as well, dad was the first one to tell me about the program.

Done with everything save the second half of my flight physical actually, its taken me awhile to get all this sorted out as well, dad was the first one to tell me about the program.

This.

Well Chosenone,

My first question would be is, did you choose to be stationed in the states? I myself am currently DEPS for the chAir Force and my ship out date should be around the end of the month. I just completed my PAST test, and received my MOS for training as a Combat Controller. My backup is TACP, but I am also interested in combat rescue. I was thinking pararescue, but from what I have seen, I think I might want to try something else first to get my feet wet.

I was wondering what kind of medical training you have had, and you think its a worthwhile career.

I am also wondering if you had been attached or worked with any Air control/CCT/TACP or combat rescue, and if so how you felt about them

it's not quite highschool to flightschool... I read up on it and spoke to some friends about the program :

>

> Complete MOS training

> Rank is usually SPC/E-4 or higher

> Must be appointed prior to age 46

> Most require completion of basic leadership course

> Documented proficiency in specialty area

> Meet prerequisite standards for specialty area

>

What does this mean? you are going to basic training then AIT, just like any other Soldier would who isn't becoming an officer via rotc/academy/ocs

once you make E4 (waiverable e3) you would go to WOC per your contract... but yah... this is how it's always worked, you just have a contract to goto WOC once you're eligible where others would have to compete and be recommended.

Guest Fohacidal
it's not quite highschool to flightschool... I read up on it and spoke to some friends about the program :

>

> Complete MOS training

> Rank is usually SPC/E-4 or higher

> Must be appointed prior to age 46

> Most require completion of basic leadership course

> Documented proficiency in specialty area

> Meet prerequisite standards for specialty area

>

What does this mean? you are going to basic training then AIT, just like any other Soldier would who isn't becoming an officer via rotc/academy/ocs

once you make E4 (waiverable e3) you would go to WOC per your contract... but yah... this is how it's always worked, you just have a contract to goto WOC once you're eligible where others would have to compete and be recommended.

It is trust me.

It is trust me.

nope... i pulled that directly from the "highschool to flightschool" link. you misunderstood what you were told (or you were just lied to)

but you still go through basic and ait first.

if you'd like though, give me your recruiter's number, ill call him and record the convo for you and post an mp3...

Guest Fohacidal
nope... i pulled that directly from the "highschool to flightschool" link. you misunderstood what you were told (or you were just lied to)

but you still go through basic and ait first.

if you'd like though, give me your recruiter's number, ill call him and record the convo for you and post an mp3...

You wouldnt lmfao

Well Chosenone,

My first question would be is, did you choose to be stationed in the states? I myself am currently DEPS for the chAir Force and my ship out date should be around the end of the month. I just completed my PAST test, and received my MOS for training as a Combat Controller. My backup is TACP, but I am also interested in combat rescue. I was thinking pararescue, but from what I have seen, I think I might want to try something else first to get my feet wet.

I was wondering what kind of medical training you have had, and you think its a worthwhile career.

I am also wondering if you had been attached or worked with any Air control/CCT/TACP or combat rescue, and if so how you felt about them

Each post/base has a quota they need to meet for each MOS. If I wanted to go to Grand Forks Air Force Base as a MOS 3C0 (Computer Guy I think), the assignments people would check to see how many they need and how many they have.

The new buzz word around the military is "joint". Now/soon all the medics (Army/Navy/Air Force) will train together at Ft Sam Houston/ Randolph AF Base. ALL MEDICS are trained to standard (EMT-B). From there you can branch off into trauma, physical therapy, occupational therapy, radiology, etc. That’s how it goes on the enlisted side.

I haven’t worked with AF Pararescue, but I've worked with AF medics in the past. AF medics aren't usually found on the front lines like Army and Navy medics. I do think highly of them in fix medical facilities. They're the closest thing to a civilian EMT as you are going to find in the military.

Myself, I specialized in trauma and was in charge of MEDEVAC for East Baghdad and Sadr City back in 2006. The military will give you almost any training you can imagine. Right now the Army is training me to become a Doctor of Behavioral Medicine. Not bad considering my undergrad was Sociology.

Well Chosenone,

Pararescue ftw :o

Kinda of biased though >.>

If it's worth anything, I know my dad loved being a PJ, but the training is nuts.

You wouldnt lmfao

why not? if you're serious about joining, I'll help you. I don't have a quota to fill, and there's a 99.9% chance that i outrank the recruiter and can just order him to give me the straight up facts. You'll get to hear the shit straight from the recording, and since you'll recognize his voice, you'll know it's legit.

I won't even mention your name, ill just ask questions and act like it's for my brother.

I just got my MOS today for the army

68W

I think you may have some gooood information for this one choosen so any tips?

Also going to be trained at fort sam houston for ait, shipping for basic and airborne at benning in Febuary.

Guest Fohacidal
why not? if you're serious about joining, I'll help you. I don't have a quota to fill, and there's a 99.9% chance that i outrank the recruiter and can just order him to give me the straight up facts. You'll get to hear the shit straight from the recording, and since you'll recognize his voice, you'll know it's legit.

I won't even mention your name, ill just ask questions and act like it's for my brother.

Whats your rank

All GS employees get what’s called Locality Pay. You get paid according to the city where you work. When they go on assignment they get what’s called TDY Pay (Temporary Duty). They get a set rate for hotel, food, and sometimes gas costs. That goes for all federal employees, not just the FBI. I had a GS-13 work for me as the CIO of a hospital. Leaving the Army to become a GS-10 wouldn't be prudent.

Thats what I'm thinking about than. Thanks for clearing that up.

I just got my MOS today for the army

68W

I think you may have some gooood information for this one choosen so any tips?

Also going to be trained at fort sam houston for ait, shipping for basic and airborne at benning in Febuary.

Congrats on being selected to be a Combat Medic. It’s the hardest MOS to get, due to the 110 GT requirement. As a Combat Medic you are guaranteed E-4 within 2-3 years. However, 68W’s promotion points are higher than most MOS, due to the heavy intellectual nature of our jobs. Translation: As soon as you finish AIT start college if you want to see E-5 and up. I’m at Ft Sam for 14 months completing my clinicals for my Doctor of Behavioral Medicine. Give me a shout when you arrive. We’ll have a sit down…

Whats your rank

I’m a Army Medical Service Corps Captain (O-3) and driz is a Army Signal Corps First Lieutenant (O-2).

im seriously thinking of joining. Ive always had a serious passion for tanks. I luv tanks :D

For “tanks” you can join the Army or Marines. In the Army you can either join an Armor Division or a Mech Infantry Division.

Thats what I'm thinking about than. Thanks for clearing that up.

If you want to go the GS route you need to look for ALL jobs in the GS-2210 series. Those are the IT geeks. The GS 2210’s usually range from GS-9 to GS-15. Its good money and its almost impossible to get fired.

Congrats on being selected to be a Combat Medic. It’s the hardest MOS to get, due to the 110 GT requirement. As a Combat Medic you are guaranteed E-4 within 2-3 years. However, 68W’s promotion points are higher than most MOS, due to the heavy intellectual nature of our jobs. Translation: As soon as you finish AIT start college if you want to see E-5 and up. I’m at Ft Sam for 14 months completing my clinicals for my Doctor of Behavioral Medicine. Give me a shout when you arrive. We’ll have a sit down…
I'm looking forward to it.