Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

Army Talk

Now that I'm almost at my pre-requisites, I'll be contacting a Marine recruiter my friend had suggested for me. I'll be honest, I'm slightly intimidated by recruiters. This being the case, what should I do to plan ahead to make the process more simple and easy? Such as if I should just go to his recruiting location and meet him in person for a good first impression, or perhaps call to see availability first hand? How long would you say for the branches does it take to get someone set up for MEPS? Anything I should be aware of when meeting the recruiter? ect. I know these are google type of questions, but I'd rather ask someone that has answered previous questions for me first hand =x

Have a branch in mind before you go. Dont let the recruiter sway your decision. Dont sign ANYTHING until you go home and research what the recruiter told you. Try to run a mile or two the week you go to the recruiters. Make sure you can pass a height/weight test. Have the phone number of your high school ready so they can fax your transcripts to the recruiter.

Guest Tasty

Serious question.

In any type of military branch, excluding the navy, do they allow desktop computers and modems/routers?

Example, if I were to join the army and we had some free time, I wanted to play CSS, would this be possible while stationed?

Serious question.

In any type of military branch, excluding the navy, do they allow desktop computers and modems/routers?

Example, if I were to join the army and we had some free time, I wanted to play CSS, would this be possible while stationed?

If you stay in the baracks you will have access to the cable company that services the area. You can have your own equipment after you finish basic training and AIT

Guest Tasty
If you stay in the baracks you will have access to the cable company that services the area. You can have your own equipment after you finish basic training and AIT

Are those cable companies sufficient? Do they have pretty decent internet or is it lousy?

Have a branch in mind before you go. Dont let the recruiter sway your decision. Dont sign ANYTHING until you go home and research what the recruiter told you. Try to run a mile or two the week you go to the recruiters. Make sure you can pass a height/weight test. Have the phone number of your high school ready so they can fax your transcripts to the recruiter.

The Marines are the branch that I've most definitely decided on through the years that I've wanted to join the military. A lot of the reason I think I do is due to the Marine influence I've had and the Young Marines program is what gave me that extra boost, otherwise I think Army would have been my branch to go. The weight to height requirement was the main reason I've had to hold off talking to a recruiter for a while, but for the last 6 months I've been working hard with running, other types of cardio, and dieting to meet the Marine recruit standards before getting set up with the recruiter. Is there some type of way I'm able to get someone to look over my contract to make sure I understand exactly what I'd be getting? Nothing like a lawyer or anything though, unless that is what I would need. I have done dozens upon dozens of hours of research to try and get as much information as I can, but a lot of information from Marine forums and other military forums for wannabe questions appear to be very contradicting sometimes, so I'm never too sure of the information I get from them.