Sign in to follow this  
Zoxopirezox Jared

MAC VS PC!! LIKE ZOMG

Havoc you failed big time. Just as clay said the macs were the first home computers. Windows took the Macs window concept as a friendly user interface and tweaked it and called there OS "Windows."

Macs were the first and are the best performance wise.

This is also pretty facepalm. The first mac didn't have a user interface as we know it today. It was a command line interface.

DOS came before Windows brah.

Mac and Linux ftw with their security.

Torrent anything without worrying about being bitten in the ass by a virus.

Linux is so versatile that you can even install it on a wristwatch. Google it.

Mac interface is more aesthetically pleasing IMHO.

Windows ftw with it's compatibility.

You have a "hard" time getting some hardware to work with Mac/Linux on your PC.

This is because Apple exclusively used their own parts until they expanded to Nvidia and Intel.

Hardware support for Linux pretty much depended on the community/distro.

We all know Windows has big security issues, with viruses themselves and the failbrowser IE.

Like TStan, I think it was him, I use Windows for gaming and Mac for general use.

I have Vista installed on one HD and Mac installed on my other.

I'm not a big fan of dual booting, but each OS has their pros and cons.

It's all personal preference.

Also, for all the idiots that said CSS can't be run on Linux/Mac.

Lol, look up Crossover and Wine.

Windows = OS X = Linux

Mac interface is more aesthetically pleasing IMHO.

Mac does look great, but I like installing xfce and throwing around some transparencies and making it look great. Preferably with Cairo dock.

macs are good for music, pix, and sexual favors.

windows for gaming and everything else. that simple.

Sammy, your insight is brilliant. I wish everybody could take the pros and cons and put them in such evaluation. Thanks a bunch.

Every time someone throws the virus argument @ windows, I grow another fucking ulcer. People don't get fucking viruses because they fucking use Windows. Its not like there's not a single hacker targeting Mac users. People get fucking viruses because they are stupid. I have an Terabyte drive 75% full of games, music and videos that I've downloaded over the past few years. In all that time, I have not once gotten a virus. All it takes is like 2 seconds of effort to right click a damn file and press scan. The reason I hate Macs as much as I do is that they're a fucking ripoff. Sure they're sleek and sexy and have that glowy apple logo shit, but you seriously cant find a single laptop running Windows that isn't all that gay crap all the while saying yourself thousands of dollars and aren't using un-upgradable proprietary hardware? I could build a computer for less than $500 dollars that Mac is selling for 3 times that amount. People can say all they want about Microsoft being a monopoly or whatever but they're not pulling that ridiculous shit.

As for linux, its just too clumsy to use. If it were more mainstream I could seeing it being a decent competitor in the game, but as it stands it just takes way to much fucking know-how to even be considered as an alternative. Until my grandma can install Linux on her PC at home without help, its pretty much out of the running.

Every time someone throws the virus argument @ windows, I grow another fucking ulcer. People don't get fucking viruses because they fucking use Windows. Its not like there's not a single hacker targeting Mac users. People get fucking viruses because they are stupid. I have an Terabyte drive 75% full of games, music and videos that I've downloaded over the past few years. In all that time, I have not once gotten a virus. All it takes is like 2 seconds of effort to right click a damn file and press scan. The reason I hate Macs as much as I do is that they're a fucking ripoff. Sure they're sleek and sexy and have that glowy apple logo shit, but you seriously cant find a single laptop running Windows that isn't all that gay crap all the while saying yourself thousands of dollars and aren't using un-upgradable proprietary hardware? I could build a computer for less than $500 dollars that Mac is selling for 3 times that amount. People can say all they want about Microsoft being a monopoly or whatever but they're not pulling that ridiculous shit.

As for linux, its just too clumsy to use. If it were more mainstream I could seeing it being a decent competitor in the game, but as it stands it just takes way to much fucking know-how to even be considered as an alternative. Until my grandma can install Linux on her PC at home without help, its pretty much out of the running.

I'd have to agree.

I've had loads of pc's and not one of them ever got a virus.

You just have to be smarter than the idiot thats sending you the virus.

mac is great for everything for me. School, home, music, movies, games, i do have windows computers but i love my mac. macs are made for everyone and are simple to use.

No, PCs are built for everyone. Macs are built for people who like to show off and have spare cash. Its not like a Mac is fucking easier to use anyway.

You have a point, Anarchy, but most people are like just what you described.

They're stupid and don't know what they download.

Hence, they get sold on the idea that Mac's cannot get viruses, and they just download whatever bullshit they want without having to worry if it's going to "crash" (noob term) their computer.

if mac would expand and let there os be installed on other systems, so if people want to build there comps specifically for "mac" purpose, they would make so much more money.

AND even though mac is based off of linux, ill stick with my windows dual-booting with linux.

if mac would expand and let there os be installed on other systems, so if people want to build there comps specifically for "mac" purpose, they would make so much more money.

AND even though mac is based off of linux, ill stick with my windows dual-booting with linux.

There's already companies that make "Mac clones" and they're being sued by Apple.

Getting OS X installed on a PC isn't for the normal user.

I've had countless headaches with getting it to install, but now I have it perfectly at 10.5.5.