Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Returning An Xbox w/out a Reciept

Can you do it? I bought mine off of eBay about last Christmas, and it finally crashed on me. My buddy offered to lend me his receipt for his cause its still under warranty. Anyone know if Best Buy tracks serial numbers or anything that would prevent me from doing this?

Microsoft tracks the serial numbers, so no you can't return it, unless the cashier/customer service is retarded. Ive herd you can do it at walmart, but the receipt has to be within 30 days or something.

Ive went through 5 360's in 3 years, I just gave up.

If your xbox has no warranty you have to purchase a new one. Luckily when mine crashed each time was about 4-6 months so I was always under warranty.

I suggest buying a PS3. Ive had it for almost 2 years, and it hasn't failed once.

serial numbers are usually printed on receipts, if they don't match, no return. since it's used, you can't return it anyway. since it's broken, you can't sell it used. if the warranty hasn't expired AND you have registered you xbox, you might be able to send it in to get fixed.

otherwise, just buy a new one or invest in other technologies.

Meh, I much prefer the 360 over the PS for a variety of reasons. Spose I could just get another off of eBay. Anyone know how long the warrantly lasts for a store bought one?
i would buy a ps3 but thats just me

I swear you're retarded.