Sign in to follow this  
HoboInArmy

=(UV)= Weekly Digest vol. 6 [8.8.09]

It’s that time again, our sixth weekly digest. In this week’s news:

Community:

Some progress is being made in our leadership reformation; Gladbagel and Trubled are joining Madbagel as Recruitment Officers. Howard Dean and Mindspring have stepped down because they didn’t have time for their duties as Recruitment Officer and Advisor; we would like to thank both of them for the time they did put forth. Llethander, our lovable panda, has decided to resign as well, but he will only be stepping down from Manager to a CS:S division Advisor.

Hey everyone, it's been a good run since everything got thrown into the air what with the P2 scandal, 3/4 of the JCS stepping down as a result and myself stepping up to help sort things out through the aftermath by jumping from Advisor to a Joint Chief. But, what with the return of Oreo and Wookie as staff members, the time has come for me to take a step back and fit myself back into the role I felt more comfortable in.

But it's not like I'm disappearing into a sea of obscurity; I'll still be here and my goal won't be changing much. The complaint department will still be my domain and I will still be keeping the fools out of our servers so fear not. And who knows, maybe a day will come when I'll be able to fit "Sexual Harassment Panda" back into the =(UV)= tag; anything's a possibility in =(UV)=

Get used to seeing Yellow again. :3

Staff will be placed into their divisions soon. They will be split as follows:

• CSS:
    Division Leader: Mario
    Advisor: Clay
    Advisor: Beefwipe
    Advisor: Llethander
    Rec. Officer: Madbagel
    Rec. Officer: Gladbagel
    Engineer: Yiyas
    Engineer: Espeladden
    Engineer: S3Xmagik
  • TF2:
    Division Leader: TBA
    Advisor: Supernaut
    Advisor: Lesbian Dad
    Rec. Officer: Trubled

Once we increase our numbers and servers in TF2 we will promote more Advisors. By next week's digest we hope to give you more detailed description of the new leadership system.

Reminder: If you still need your Rank system admin contact only Coinstar or BeauutifulChaos to get it set up.

Quick reminder: Don’t forget to submit your ideas to the Mapping Squads design contest here. Don't miss out on your chance to win!

Servers:

We appreciate those patiently waiting for the promised Team Fortress 2 servers, but the little (and we mean little) snag we ran into with MIA attacking our Jailbreak servers has delayed our progress. We *hope* to have them up and running two weeks-- and, as promised, the TF2 lottery *will* still happen when we launch.

Our Zombie Escape server is already in the top 500 only a week after the IP move. At this rate, we expect to see it in the top 100 before the next digest!

Budget:

budget.pngbudget2.png

As you can see, our switch to 10TB has significantly increased our costs; we will not be able to support this long term, but no worries, we should be fully switched off the Quantum Servers box before the next pay period. As you can see, our gross income has been steadily rising over the past few months, and so on behalf of the staff we would like to give a big "THANK YOU!" to all of our subscribers and donors. Thanks a lot, you guys are one of the biggest reasons this community is still thriving.

Recruits:

Recruitment is now CLOSED. We would like to thank all of the new recruits for showing interest in joining us; as they say, the more the merrier, and this month we have over SIXTY pending recruits. As always, recruitment will re-open on the first of the next month. Recruits that have not yet been screened have approximately 24 hours to get screened or their applications will be denied.

Also, we are never, EVER, fucking EVER getting a Garry's Mod Server. So please shut up Nic.

I don't see anything related to Garry's Mod in here. I even Ctrl + F'd.

This digest does not amuse me. :<

Last night I had the zombie all nighter, 20 ppl in the sever all night when on a regular night there was only 0-5 YAH. i hope the sever goes to like 250 for that. it was 336 last time i looked.

this was because i was there :D

Guest NeverEndingXsin

panda resigned :'(

Guest FuzzyCat is 13

I'm a leprous douchetard.

Mmm... Goodbye fuzzycat is 13. You will not be missed.

And now to delete all the threads he created. One in every forum and sub-forum? What a tool.

Sign in to follow this