Sign in to follow this  
Sphere

Video Card help

if your going for the 9 series nvidia, go ahead and pick up ati. A general rule of them when it comes to video cards is, ATI is the best single card, and Nvidia is the best SLI.

But honestly... wtf is a nvidia 99000?

personally i'm happy with my MSI nVidia. my ATI radeon i had before this was awesome. both of them ran smooth at a solid temperature. have you figured out which radeon you want to pick up?

wow you people who voted are retarded... ati is OBVIOUSLY winning the GFX race right now... go with the hd4870 and youll be nothing but smiles.

I hear radeon is better in terms of hardware, but when compared in test with the same settings the geforce usually has a constant higher fps than the radeon.

If you plan on getting the 9 series, I suggest an ATI.

wow you people who voted are retarded... ati is OBVIOUSLY winning the GFX race right now... go with the hd4870 and youll be nothing but smiles.

Lol, no. The GTX 260 stomps on the HD 4870.

I have a dual Nividia 9800 GT and i must say its the shit lol i had a old ATI before that. Cant remember the name but it made me have barely 20 fps. Now i got 90-130 fps

Wow, very true... I had no idea that the GTX's were that good O.O my bad

ATI is doing amzing right now. and ive gotten ATI cards that have been nothing but amazing.

but in most games and aspects the 4870 out performs the 260.

That being said, ati has been out performing most nvidia cards atm.

BUT nvidia is still going strong and is still the leader.

The way i see it though, nvidia is good but people mainly buy it for the brand name, as for ATI, performs very well and doesn't get some of the respect that it really derserves.

i bet if you ask some nvidia or ATI, majority will choose nvidia.

ATI is doing amzing right now. and ive gotten ATI cards that have been nothing but amazing.

but in most games and aspects the 4870 out performs the 260.

That being said, ati has been out performing most nvidia cards atm.

BUT nvidia is still going strong and is still the leader.

The way i see it though, nvidia is good but people mainly buy it for the brand name, as for ATI, performs very well and doesn't get some of the respect that it really derserves.

i bet if you ask some nvidia or ATI, majority will choose nvidia.

ATI isn't as costly.

LIKE EVERYONE else said the gtx 275 its fucking great but if u have a shit load of money get the 285 its the best out there at the moment for nvida Do not get radeon.... don't.. its a trap

If you have money get the new Nvidia card. I has a Ati Radeon HD 3870 in my pc right now because it was for sale lols at like 25% off price. I replaced my old X1650 which sux compared to it. I say get Radeon just because I've had a better run with it. Get nvidia if you wanna stomp everyones asses.

With ATi's shitty driver support, I'd go with Nvidia.

I've had three ATi cards, and can say that I'm not too happy with them but they work. (x700, x1550, 2600 XT)

My x700 and x1550 died out, and I'm now obviously using a 2600 XT.

My brother has a 6800 GT that's still going strong, and his rig is older than mine.

ya i'd go with nVidia too cuz their rly reliable and user friendly. I actually have GeForce 5500x which is total crap but i'm getting a laptop soon when i go to college so i'm not gonna bother upgrading...

I actually have GeForce 5500x

You have to be joking me.

He wants either a 9900 or any radeon, he's not looking for the top of the line right now.

With ATi's shitty driver support, I'd go with Nvidia.

I've had three ATi cards, and can say that I'm not too happy with them but they work. (x700, x1550, 2600 XT)

My x700 and x1550 died out, and I'm now obviously using a 2600 XT.

My brother has a 6800 GT that's still going strong, and his rig is older than mine.

i have not had one problem with drivers, and i think there pretty good. i think you were having trouble is because of the oldness of the card itself, not really the drivers fault when there new and the card is ancient.

ATI = budget + performs very well.

Nvidia = brand name + leader of gfx atm.