Sign in to follow this  
Zagrao

Race Suggestions for WCS #1

lol, i didn't mention it, but the instant slay would give you the kill :P

Sides, do tell me, are there any races that will drug you? (and i take no for any banish race. thats something different.)

but here is one for you.

Drug Dealer (8 levels/4 skills)

1. Contraband - You always your best goods for those who want to buy it.

extra 500-4000 cash bonus at start of round.

2. Drug Thief - You use the drug store as your excuse to steal more drugs.

steal 50-400 cash from people. (5%-40% chance on each hit)

3. Black Market - You sell your drugs to people in the streets. (ability)

you take 200-500 cash from a random player and drug them for 3 seconds. (cool down time 30 seconds.)

4. Meth Drugs - Only you know how to feel good.

you drug yourself and gain 200 hp. however, when the drug wears off, you are only left 1 hp.

lasts 2-10 seconds. btw the drug effect needs to be real strong.

cmon guys cant you brainstorm 1 skill thats unique and design a race around. I think your all taking the wrong approach. I know we all think were clever coming up with races that sound so awesome and cool but there not all that interesting and are just other races rehashed.

How bought an AOE ultimate which blinds you for 1 second when it hits you

or

whenever you get hit and your health is below 10 you become invincible for 2 seconds ( the chance of that happening are slim b/c usually your at 40 health and get hit in the head and just die)

or

when you hit somebody in the arm they drop their gun ( sniper only race)

or

if you hit somebody in the head they get pushed back ( not up like crypt lord, pistol only)

or

A small chance on hit to do a slow poison damage after 10 seconds the target is banished and takes a significant amount of dmg

or

a knife race that blinks (like dracula from server 1) but when its invisible it cant deal damage and cant take damage (this would be hard for the user to know when the blink would be on or off but I think the screen changing color could be an indicator, Really tricky to code because you would have to have the timing for all 3 effects going on at the same time also the time between blinks would have to be high, somewhere between 1 and 2 seconds)

or

The warden ability from the deathmatch server that froze everyone in place and they couldn't move their mouse or anything else but when the effect is on the players they would be invincible. (a large red ring that would signal that the effect was in place so your teamates wouldn't empty their clips into them. a knife or sniper only race)

or

A race with an ultimate that teleports them away but right after they teleport it drops a live grenade (15 second cooldown)

the problem when you guys try to make a race you corner skills to fit the race. This leads to races with either generic ultimates or things that cant be done in the server

Charybdis: (Pistol only race)

5 Levels / 5 Skills

1. Drown: Whenever someone is hit they are pushed down to drown for a few seconds. (Temporarily buries someone. lasts 1-3 seconds, has a 1-5% chance of proc.)

2. Spout: Whenever someone is hit they are sent up into the air by a spout. (Sends someone into the air (about 5 feet) with a 5-25% Proc rate.)

3. Scylla: If someone survives you they usually meet the great monster Scylla. (10-50% chance to do 7-35 damage to killer.)

4. Watery Birth: When you are born you had great potential. (15-75% chance to spawn with a 50 round deagle, 5-25% chance to spawn with 5-25 extra hp.)

Ultimate – Whirlpool: When you are not moving you create a raging vortex around you.

(Whenever Charybdis is still for 10-5 seconds, all enemies in a 50 foot range start being pushed towards you and towards the right at the same time at about the speed of a person walking.)

You mean with a unique ultimate like that?

Race - Ala Terra Mina (ATM, shopmenu race)

Level requirement: 1500

skill 1 - You take out a withdraw. (20 levels, $10,000 max?)

Also have it when you changerace, your money is reset to 1k.

This race would be fully custom, and allow anyone to build whatever kind of race they wanted via shopmenu items.

I like the ATM race, I was trying to think about how we could create our own custom races and just figured it would be too hard to code. Going the shopmenu route would be pretty sufficient.

whenever you get hit and your health is below 10 you become invincible for 2 seconds ( the chance of that happening are slim b/c usually your at 40 health and get hit in the head and just die)

You would be dead.

when you hit somebody in the arm they drop their gun ( sniper only race)

When sniping you naturally aim for the head or the chest because they are easier targets. The arms move too much, not to mention are small.

A race with an ultimate that teleports them away but right after they teleport it drops a live grenade

I like this one alot...

The Demolitionist Lvl 1200

1. Gearing Up: Spawn with increased armor and grenades (10/25/50/75/100%)

2. Fireworks: Have a chance to spawn a deagle and pump shotty with a larger clip

3. Master Tactician: Your grenades have a chance to freeze enemies in place for 3 seconds (10/25/50/75/100%)

4. Napalm: You craft your bullets using napalm, setting enemies on fire

5. Make An Exit (Ultimate): Teleport away from your enemy but leave him a nice surprise!

The ultimate combined with Master Tactician would be sick, teleport away and drop a grenade that can freeze enemies in a certain radius. Having a pump shotty I figured would be more far than a rifle, but it still maybe should be changed to pistol only? Hairy that ulti would be sick.

What I meant with the first skill was that when you get hit and it doesn't kill you and your below 10 health you become invincible for 2 seconds.

I understand that you would be aiming for the arm or chest but you'd be suprised at how often you hit somebody in the arm. The skill wouldn't what your aiming for. When using a scout at a distance or a really short distance the spread of the bullets has a chance to hit somebody in the arm. It pretty much makes the skill 20% chance your target drops their gun.

Knife master thats one of those ultimates i mentioned that can't be programmed onto the server

Talking about all this grenade shit, I was thinking, it would be neat to make a race who's ultimate was to go completely invisble,invulnerable,frozen and unable to shoot.

Then a nade drops at his feet, after it explodes (whatever amount of time that takes) the player could begin moving again. Maybe a smaller cooldown since it would probably be quite difficult to get off? Or a normal cool down with a crit nade?

Charybdis: (Pistol only race)

5 Levels / 5 Skills

1. Drown: Whenever someone is hit they are pushed down to drown for a few seconds. (Temporarily buries someone. lasts 1-3 seconds, has a 1-5% chance of proc.)

2. Spout: Whenever someone is hit they are sent up into the air by a spout. (Sends someone into the air (about 5 feet) with a 5-25% Proc rate.)

3. Scylla: If someone survives you they usually meet the great monster Scylla. (10-50% chance to do 7-35 damage to killer.)

4. Watery Birth: When you are born you had great potential. (15-75% chance to spawn with a 50 round deagle, 5-25% chance to spawn with 5-25 extra hp.)

Ultimate – Whirlpool: When you are not moving you create a raging vortex around you.

(5-10 second ulti, all enemies in a 50 foot range start being pushed towards the right of you.)

Ok I'm pretty sure an ultimate can be made to do that :3

Wasn't so sure if one could do what I typed before

nipon you have to think about it carefully. All the skills you've mentioned takes more coding than even the most encoded race in WCS#2 has...

really, think reasonable for the coders. I'm pretty sure that most of them are doable, but that would waste a coders good week just to get it working.

No no no please no more crit nades :( It turns a 6dmg nade that any punkass can toss into a +120 Dmg AoE

Thor Lvl 1100 (knife race)

1. Megingjord, The Belt of Strength: This mighty belt increases your strength (+dmg)

2. Mjöllnir Hammer of Lightning: Each strike of this mighty hammer has a chance to blind your foe with lightning

3. Asgardian Bloodline: High chance of evading damage

4. Power of the Storm (Ability): Blind all foes within a small radius for a short amount of time (15 yds, maybe up to 1 second?, 15 second CD)

5. Ascension (Ultimate): Using your mighty hammer, Mjöllnir, you can fly short distances (short-ranged teleport)

I have always loved Norse mythology ;)

cmon guys cant you brainstorm 1 skill thats unique and design a race around. I think your all taking the wrong approach. I know we all think were clever coming up with races that sound so awesome and cool but there not all that interesting and are just other races rehashed.

Ok, again, not sure if the system can do this but how about a race with only 1 skill -

Sylar

Ability Theft - Collect the ultimates of each slain enemy

-Race would start with armor, because sylar is hard to kill and it would help them out in the begining since they have nothing else

-higher the skill level means more abilities can be collected. maybe 1 stolen skill per 5 levels with a cap of 30 levels

-Because Sylar knows how stuff works, every ability would work at its highest level no matter what level the person who it was stolen from had it at.

-This could work for either Ultimates only, or for any skills.

-because it would work for multiple ultimates, they would each activate at their own interval instead of having to press a key. (or maybe have them all activate with a single key press and put them all on the same interval)

-Jihad would be the only ultimate that wouldn't be stolen, or if stolen, jihad would not kill sylar

-When the player is killed, all abilities are lost and they start from scratch.

The warden ability from the deathmatch server that froze everyone in place and they couldn't move their mouse or anything else but when the effect is on the players they would be invincible. (a large red ring that would signal that the effect was in place so your teamates wouldn't empty their clips into them. a knife or sniper only race)

along the same lines as above:

Hiro

Stop Time (Ultimate) - up to 10 sec. freeze all players on opposing team.

-players will not be able to move (keyboard or mouse)

-players cannot attack

-players cannot be hurt while frozen

-may or may not want to prevent this skill after a bomb has been planted

-recharge rate would have to be high, maybe 90 - 120 sec.

imagine using this as CT on Office when all the T's are camping the hosti room....

yea.. ultimate stealing isnt possible yet...

Hiro - its op without restriction because it doesnt stop actual time. Plant a bomb and freeze everyone is op.

I wonder if we really want to introduce ability to server 1

hairy's ideas arent that complicated, except the nade one and maybe the knife one. Most races are put together with pre-made skills and then edited. Why waste time right? :)

The Spartan.

1. Plus damage

2. Plus damage

3. Increased Speed

4. Plus damage

5. Yell this is sparta, and lounge at your enemies head while spraying.

The Spartan.

1. Plus damage

2. Plus damage

3. Increased Speed

4. Plus damage

5. Yell this is sparta, and lounge at your enemies head while spraying.

So you want to create a long jumping race that runs fast (even though it can long jump at 100mph) and do an overkill amount of damage. I think that's been done a few times :)

Maybe you should have him throw his knife.

Lol Darkstar... it's just not just 1 vs. 23, it's 1 vs. 23 and you have to fucking slaughter them while doing certain moves in slow motion, and 70% naked.

LOL yeah, you'd have to reskin te player for this race to wear nothing but a cape and some metal undies. also may have to bring back the riot shield and skin it so it looks round.

The Spartan's were more about their defense than their offense. instead of giving so much increased dmg, maybe give him slight increased health (up to 200?) and a ton of armor - similar to how the zombie has 900 health, the spartan could have 900 armor??? since the spartans worked together as a team to defend from the attacks, maybe another skill could be to give armor to all teammates (similar to the healing races). so....

Spartan (5 lvl's, 5 skills, req. 1100xp)

Be Brave - increase health, max 200

Be Strong - increase dmg given with each strike

Defend Your Honor - increased armor, max 900

Work Together - provide armor for all teammates, max 100

This Is SPARTA! - increase chance of critical strike, max 20% for 450dmg

LOL yeah, you'd have to reskin te player for this race to wear nothing but a cape and some metal undies. also may have to bring back the riot shield and skin it so it looks round.

The Spartan's were more about their defense than their offense. instead of giving so much increased dmg, maybe give him slight increased health (up to 200?) and a ton of armor - similar to how the zombie has 900 health, the spartan could have 900 armor??? since the spartans worked together as a team to defend from the attacks, maybe another skill could be to give armor to all teammates (similar to the healing races). so....

Spartan (5 lvl's, 5 skills, req. 1100xp)

Be Brave - increase health, max 200

Be Strong - increase dmg given with each strike

Defend Your Honor - increased armor, max 900

Work Together - provide armor for all teammates, max 100

This Is SPARTA! - increase chance of critical strike, max 20% for 450dmg

That is way overpowered.

So every 1 in 5 bullets would do 450 damage theoretically. That's more damage than spirit (WCS2), at a way higher proc chance, and he can use any weapon, as well as being nearly as durable as the old Aether Membrane from WCS2.

Not that that's retardedly OP or anything.

ohh, so you want something that's not OP? why? that wouldn't lead to people moaning/complaining and telling others - "hey, you gotta check out this OP race on server 1." Then after a while, tone the race down to normal.

isn't that what happened with Bus Driver on server 2? LOL

#'s and %'s can be adjusted. was just going for basic skill set. there's no invis, no speed, no flying or teleporting, no exploding, no lightning, etc. just some extra health, lot of armor, a little extra dmg, and a small chance of giving a knock out punch in 1 hit. I put 20% (that's 1 in 5 for the slow ones) because not every round hits it's target and a lot of races have evade. it's possible to empty a whole clip and not get that 1 in 5 bullet to connect with the target at all. 10 or 15% might be better though. It's still Darkstar's idea though, was just trying to tweak it. he may not want a crit hit on it at all.

#'s and %'s can be adjusted. was just going for basic skill set. there's no invis, no speed, no flying or teleporting, no exploding, no lightning, etc. just some extra health, lot of armor, a little extra dmg, and a small chance of giving a knock out punch in 1 hit. I put 20% (that's 1 in 5 for the slow ones) because not every round hits it's target and a lot of races have evade. it's possible to empty a whole clip and not get that 1 in 5 bullet to connect with the target at all. 10 or 15% might be better though. It's still Darkstar's idea though, was just trying to tweak it. he may not want a crit hit on it at all.

Well, dull it down a bit and I'm sure it'll be a good idea. Just make sure that it's not too generic :)

I am sure Darkstar was just joking. We don't need a race like this, there is nothing unique about it at all. And no, we do not want a race that is OP as hell to attract people to the server, that brings negative attention, not positive attention. Get it? That's bad.

I can actually code all these things apart from the whirlpool thing. Ultimate stealing would be possible but would take a SHIT tonne of coding which I just don't want to do at the moment. And if you taking sparta seriously keep in mind a spartan only uses swords. Savage is basically the same but better, though.

I would love you long time if you could code some versions of Thor and Demolitionist :) That ultimate would be sick, and I just want a new knife race to play with that's a little different.

Sign in to follow this