Sign in to follow this  
Zagrao

Race Suggestions for WCS #1

I hope someone will sticky this up so we have just a nice big compiliation of race suggestions.

Yiyas said he would make one, but he hasn't so I'll make one for him.

Rules for posting here:

1. Be reasonable with the skills. (no insane OP skills or stuff that would make the race very unfair)

2. Please don't just post a simple yes or no, or simply stating liking the race. We want to make sure that there is less clutter of posts here.

3. No Trolling :D

Thats about it.

We should bring back the Pikachu race, but modified a bit.

Pikachu (10 levels/ 5 skills)

Knife Only (600 levels)

1. Battle Mind - You prepare your mind for your opponent

Ultimate Immunity 8%-80% activation

2. Agility - You increase your speed to outrun your foes.

6%-60% speed boost

3. Discharge - You zap back your foes that hit you.

deals damage back to knifers. 3-30 hp dmg dealt back.

4. Thunderwave - You give a weak shock to your opponents to hold them in place.

5%-50% to freeze opponent in place for 3 seconds.

5. Thunder (Ultimate) - You unleash your strongest attack to demolish your enemies.

deals 6-60 hp dmg within a radius (radius never expands, it's all the same) Cool down time 30 secs

also you get frozen in place while you use the attack, but you're immune to any attacks while the the ultimate effects is in motion. the area would be very small, like maybe max 20 feet

the effects that admin slay would have would be used as an effect with a lightning sound.

Sorry for the jack, but I'm thinking this shouldn't be stickied because we should discuss each individual race suggestion. Look at my VIP race thread. We've had a good discussion and have made some progress. If we did many of these in a single thread, we'd end up with a 20 page long thread with scrambled info.

please no pikachu race in a wcs server.. I might as well make a barney race to counter it... some things just don't belong on the server.

lawl at least it isn't like the original pikachu race with the uber 200% speed and could use guns. This actually in itself isn't all that bad compared to the original pikachu race :P

anyways got a 2nd idea.

Hooker (4 levels/ 4 skills)

pistol only (300 levels)

1. Whorer - You go out with as many people as possible and get as much cash as possible

steal cash 100-250 20%-50% chance of activation

2. Alluring Looks - You woo your target to make him drop his guard.

Disguise 20%-50% chance to activate at spawn.

3. Special Jobs - You do special services for a hefty price.

steal 600-1000 (at a 6%-10% activation chance)

4. Deadly Syringe - You inject a lethal poison into your victim as you want all their cash.

deals poison dmg that lasts 2-8 secs long.

lol why don't you make an official fuzzycat race instead of making me come up with an idea -_-

Since I'm going to post anyways...

Cid (5 levels/ 5 skills)

spawns with kevlar and helmet (600 levels)

1. Engineering Genius - You can create any machine with your hands.

20%-100% to spawn with a weapon menu to get free weapons.

2. Laser Beam - Your weapons are more penetrative.

deals 1-5 extra dmg and all guns when firing bullets, will show red death beam trajectory.

3. Repair Demon - you fix up your machines in no time.

regenerate ammo, 2-10 every 5 seconds. (not an extension in clip size, but regenerates the extra ammo that you can reload.)

4. Battery Charge - You use the energy you expend in battle to charge your ultimate weapon.

Works like skulls except changed to charge.

5. Ultimate Hammer - You unleash you rightous anger on those who damage your machines.

forces you to drop everything except your knife, but you gain 60% speed and extra knife damage.

lasts 2-10 secs.

cool down time 25 secs.

uses 1-3 charge

lol why don't you make an official fuzzycat race instead of making me come up with an idea -_-

Since I'm going to post anyways...

Cid (5 levels/ 5 skills)

spawns with kevlar and helmet (600 levels)

1. Engineering Genius - You can create any machine with your hands.

20%-100% to spawn with a weapon menu to get free weapons.

2. Laser Beam - Your weapons are more penetrative.

deals 1-5 extra dmg and all guns when firing bullets, will show red death beam trajectory.

3. Repair Demon - you fix up your machines in no time.

regenerate ammo, 2-10 every 5 seconds. (not an extension in clip size, but regenerates the extra ammo that you can reload.)

4. Battery Charge - You use the energy you expend in battle to charge your ultimate weapon.

Works like skulls except changed to charge.

5. Ultimate Hammer - You unleash you rightous anger on those who damage your machines.

forces you to drop everything except your knife, but you gain 60% speed and extra knife damage.

lasts 2-10 secs.

cool down time 25 secs.

uses 1-3 charge

I think that is cool, but would it be possible to make the knife portion "unstoppable" meaing bullets aren't going to slow you down like they normally would? I think that would make the ulimate more worth it. Then again 60% is pretty fast.

all these race suggestion threads are always full of fail, people have such "great ideas" for races but they don't go anywhere. Unless you can think of some race that is completely original and takes a fresh spin for our server (ex. KJ, Remelia Scarlet) our server is just gonna fill up with generic races copied and pasted from other races.

Also races for WC1 are supposed to be more 'fantasy' oriented. I've tried to convince yiyas of this but hese been a bit reluctant.

Fantasy huh....

Race : Big tittied blonde.

1. Boob attack - up to 15% chance to knock your opponent around with your knockers.

2. Suger Daddy - Make your sugar daddy pay you up to $1000.

3. Mace Spray - Cause damage to your opponent (up to +5) while also drugging his vision

4. High Heels - Because of your high heels you stand taller then everyone else.

5. Lust - Men from all around are lured to you by your beauty (titties). (Causes players of opposing team to jerked towards her)

Also races for WC1 are supposed to be more 'fantasy' oriented. I've tried to convince yiyas of this but hese been a bit reluctant.

All you need to do is change the name of the race and you get your Fantasy Oriented Races :D

the Hairy_Nipon

1) Fiddle Faddle- Shockwaves from voice do extra damage

2) Asian Eyes- flips and drugs you for 2 sec

3) Australian Boomerang- Mirror damage

4) Japanese Katana- Knives do 20% more damage

5) Hairy Nipples shoot lighting bolts- hairy shoots lighting bolts out of his nipples 20 dmg, 15 sec cooldown

lol hairy, i hope you do know that I did come up with the idea of Remellia Scarlet, as no one has stepped forward and claimed to play touhou games except me. I came up with that race idea, Yiyas made it possible, now we're just waiting on him to finalize the race so it's good to go.

and btw Cid is from final fantasy I hope you know. This just so happens to draw more from the anime series Final Fantasy Unlimited.

Thats fine black mage but most races people come up with are just copy and paste races. The 2 or 3 skills on remelia scarlet are unique for the server atm so thats why I mentioned it.

We have enough copy and paste races in different combinations for the server already. I think what should be done is skill brainstorming. Come up with a single skill or ultimate in which we can design a race around. This will promote fresh and original races for the server

What can CSS Source do? We could create new skills... but what do we have to work with? Say I want to jump on a wall and be a chameleon. So depending on where i'm standing, that is the texture of my suit. I don't think source would be able to do this... and while it might be possible it would probably never work as intended without weeks of coding and such.

well. we got to come up with something that isnt op.

here some random ideas?

a race with an impenetrable body armor [doesnt take damage if shot at chest]

a race that gains health when hit unless hit in the head?

can you put the grav gun in css? (the blue one, not the yellow) the ultimate could be 8 levels each level adding a sec. to the time with the gun. so maxed out you could get the gun for 8 sec. with a 1 min. cool down period. rush out, grab the other players and chunk them as fast as you can. main weapon could be the crowbar? again, not sure if it can be in css.

maybe a predator race? unlimate could be a full heal for 150 - 200 health, but it leaves you imobile and vulnerable for 10 sec. while you do it. other skills could be low grav, increased knife damage, 100% invis when still and 90% invis when moving, 60% invis for 2 sec. when pressing attach button

fortune teller or watcher - doubt CSS could handle this, but pressing the ultimate would cause the user to spray a picture of where the closest enemy is. maybe have the closest enemy take a screenshot and the server use that immediately as the spray. cool down could be 30 sec. to 1 min.

Pusher or Prof X - again, doubt if CSS could handle this but... ultimate would teleport random user to his closest teammate, turn on FF (can it do this for just 1 person or for one side or does it have to be the entire server?) and change the skins of his teammates to those of the opposing team.

gravity gun is possible [already been made by someone]

fortune teller /watcher - probably not possible if you want a spray. it is possible if you want to teleport 100 invis in godmode near an enemy but cant shoot then teleport back.

pusher or prof x - thats possible but i'm not sure if you can set ff on for one person.

both interesting concept but seems like it wont fit with the flow of races in wcs1 [im my point of view]

i kinda like that knife race idea. maybe not 100% invisible when standing nor 90% while moving.

instant teleportation isnt welcome on the server

It was available on the old WC3 mod in CS 1.6. The drawback was that it made a very visual visual effect, it made a noise, and it slightly flashed the user. I'd call that a balanced ultimate.

hmm... ninja on #3 server teleports.

I like your solution to the spray thing xpxdoo, but would probably be issues of getting stuck in walls/ceilings.

how about Black Knight race that resists all magic and ulitmate attacks, and because of his armor he's immune to pistol / SMG fire (except deagle). knife only, normal speed, no invis. can only be hurt with rifles, but damage is muted (like getting hit through a box or wall). ultimate could be like a joust? straight quick run for 30 - 50 feet doing 100 dmg (or whatever) to everyone that gets hit???

hmm... ninja on #3 server teleports.

I like your solution to the spray thing xpxdoo, but would probably be issues of getting stuck in walls/ceilings.

how about Black Knight race that resists all magic and ulitmate attacks, and because of his armor he's immune to pistol / SMG fire (except deagle). knife only, normal speed, no invis. can only be hurt with rifles, but damage is muted (like getting hit through a box or wall). ultimate could be like a joust? straight quick run for 30 - 50 feet doing 100 dmg (or whatever) to everyone that gets hit???

too op for first round or anyone that uses an smg or pistol only races

i dont know about all "magic" prevention. this would probably require an immunity flag from SM. A way around it is to add a line of coding to almost every race that checks for this kind of immunity.

we could have all his damage taken decreased so everyone could hit

and maybe a little hp bonus since there isn't any speed boost beside ultimate

lol I'm just throwing ideas out here, no harm, even if they do copy some skills. We just need more races in general.

Bummer on the Street (5 levels/ 3 skills)

restricted from buying anything. (lvl 500)

Can plant bomb.

1. Beg - You're too lazy to work for your cash.

gain 500-2500 cash at spawn with a text saying "You gained #### cash from bypassers"

2. Mercy - You plead your enemies mercy on me.

Enemies near you will not be able to fire at all at you, but you can be killed from far away.

It works like molecules original ultimate, but it will only cancel any damage done within a set distance.

max distance it should negate would be 25 feet.

3. Drink - What else to waste your life away?

your screen becomes drunk (admin drunk effect)

you lose 15-75% speed.

It's really a race that will not do anything but be funny :D

EDIT - Since I don't feel like double posting i have another race idea.

Diviner (5 levels/4 skills)

lvl 700

1. Foresight - You predict your clients future.

randomly selects anyone in the server (except you and spectators) and will give them a text saying, "Your future has been predicted. Hope your future is a good one." It would show up in bright green like admin chat on their screen.

The effect of the skill would either do 3 of the followings:

A. After freeze time, they will lose 5-25 hp after 15 seconds into the round. 49% chance

B. After freeze time, they will gain 5-25 hp after 15 seconds into the round. 49% chance

C. They will die instantly after freeze time. 1% chance.

2. Card Charms - You use the powers in the cards to increase your clients success. (ability, 20 second coold down)

It randomly selects one person on the server (excluding you and specs) and gives one of the following benefits:

A. 2-10 extra ammo in reserve 45%

B. gives them free kevlar and helm 45%

C. Drug them from their abuse of smoking. 20%

3. Fortune Telling - You always do the good old fashion show for cash.

you take cash from a random person on either team. 250-1500 cash

4. Divine Vision - You see all that will happen.

Invulnability from 2-10 seconds, but you lose all your weapons except your knife. You will also glow white as the ultimate is in effect. You also can't do anything while you're glowing white (which is to show you're in ultimate.)

Bummer on the Street looks like a race I would love to play while I was high, definitely think it would be hilarious.

Diviner on the other hand... I really hate anything random that is too powerful (read: explosions on death), having a chance - even a small one - to instantly kill another player is bullshit, and to drug somebody for the entire round is pretty much the same. Other than that, why would you play the race? It offers no bonuses to yourself and the ultimate is lame (like Neve's old one). Good thing you started off with a race that would kick ass :-P

EDIT: Kai, I think having a race that only takes damage from headshots would be kinda cool but would need to have a restriction on it... like pistol or knife only

Sign in to follow this