Sign in to follow this  
Oracion

Removing Nades from ZE.

This has been a long time coming, but I figure I'll make a post about it to discuss my case.

Anyway, I'm sure as many of you have noticed on the ZE server that nades are more hurtful than helpful. I don't quite see the point of having them in when the use of them is just pointless, and people use them stupidly, which in turn usually ends up screwing over the team, whether it's by boosting zombies forward, destroying cades, knocking away items (I.E, Moria with the ring) and destroying objects (I.E, breakable doors/planks). Overall, they just don't do a goddamn thing outside of make me have to ban more people for being stupid thinking they'll be cool or help out, but then screw the team over. See Elevator Escape/Showdown/Jurassic Park.

It would make sense that they're gone anyway, since the others are restricted as is. Obviously smoke/flash grenades don't need to be in. Why? Cause they WILL screw teams over cause there is always that one tool that will throw it, then everyone can't see, and a zombie rushes in and the round dominoes downhill due to some idiot. The same is being proven with a regular nade each day as I watch people tossing nades PAST zombies and not thinking. Also, are they really needed for damage as is? I can unload a full clip of my M249 and do way more damage/spread to a group of zombies and it keeps them back, rather than risk shooting them forward by tossing a nade in for 'extra damage'.

This just comes back to how stupid some players are on the server as it has grown. I've been admin for about two weeks now, and I do enjoy helping out by keeping control on it when I can, but at the same time there's just so much dumb shit going on by players that A) don't have sound up or B) don't read anything I type. Me, marsh and Xoxo have had to ban so many before due to dumb shit, so really this wouldn't just be helping out the players, it would help us out with not having to track every single nade that goes out when a cade/breakable object is around.

I really do hope this gets taken into account, because they really are not helping anyone. I think I've only seen a few times where a nade has helped the team, but 97% of the time, it screws it over. Please, lets just restrict them and make the ZE server a little less stupid for people.

this is something i have a problem with too but, still a well placed grenade helps all the better i do say, 70/30 it actually messes up something more often than not.

Perhaps we should remove guns too, they break cades and launch zombies when they're in the hands of idiots as well. (j/k)

I think we can talk about this at the next staff meeting.

I think nades are a fun aspect of the game. Certainly, it sucks when people throw failnades, but its the opposite when people through winnades. Also, a lot of maps can't be ruined by nades and almost require them to make a solid defense. For example, getting zombies off the tower from the hele in lost world redux. Most importantly, nades are fun.

I'm for and against this.

I don't believe they should be removed because it is an important aspect of the game, removing things can cause all kinds of balance and gameplay issues.

I do believe they should be removed because of the idiots who accidental sabotage their team because they don't know how to throw them, and griefers who stop elevators and kill people with them.

I'm for and against this.

I don't believe they should be removed because it is an important aspect of the game, removing things can cause all kinds of balance and gameplay issues.

I do believe they should be removed because of the idiots who accidental sabotage their team because they don't know how to throw them, and griefers who stop elevators and kill people with them.

Hmmm, what about a script that restricts the people who don't use them properly from picking them up? It would get their SteamID's from a list, sort of like the perma-mute script does. Would this be possible?

There is no way to tell whether they use them properly or not.

I'm talking about manually adding repeat offenders that do it on purpose, not an automatic script, but one that restricts it for anyone we add to the list.

That sounds good madbagel and I would like to add that I feel Oracions greif over fail nades. I say about for every 10 nades. We get about 7 fail nades in which each of them pretty much gaurantee a z-win. As well the other 3 nades are win nades that push the zombies back away from humans and prolong our lifespans for 1 second. Because zombies run really fast.

lol nades would never get restricted, it's just a part of life.

Idiots will commit the cade braking crap and move on. Just don't follow the group and go solo :P

lol nades would never get restricted, it's just a part of life.

Idiots will commit the cade braking crap and move on. Just don't follow the group and go solo :P

The thing is, this isn't a regular Zombie mod, this is a Escape, where you don't have much say as to where you can go, and eventually you end up at the same place. When you have to have said cade to defend with, it kinda makes it a pain when you have tools that will throw without thinking, or do it to screw things up. Doesn't help that people don't listen.

I'm glad it's going to be discussed at the least next JCS meeting. Really, they aren't doing much in my eyes, and it just messes things up horribly for many maps. I don't have an issue if you can pick them up on the maps, for instance in Helms Deep and Sewer Escape, but having everyone buy one at the start just makes things get screwy later.

Okay. First off. Most of the people posting their thoughts aren't on the sever ever. You must have forgoten that the sever has assholes that come in and purposely destroy cades with nades. saves 3 people. Kills 30

It was fairly simple on ZM; if they broke cades, they were warned. If they did it again, KERPLAHBANNED. This was easy since we knew who was responsible instantly; all the survivors were scattered across the map and you could see someone trying to get into your barricade.

ZE is a giant long failtrain/blob of people who are indistinguishable. It's extraordinarily hard to prevent griefing since most of the time you can't tell who's doing it.

Ok, Mario said this is possible:

We restrict nades to people who have less than 24 hours of playtime (You must have at least 1 day of playtime to use an HE Grenade). It's a middle ground between restricting completely and leaving it unrestricted.

Ok, Mario said this is possible:

We restrict nades to people who have less than 24 hours of playtime (You must have at least 1 day of playtime to use an HE Grenade). It's a middle ground between restricting completely and leaving it unrestricted.

I liek it

Well I found a stupid way to found out who threw the fail nades... the chat box!

Seriously a fail nade comesalong just look at the chat box and you'll see there name.

Well I found a stupid way to found out who threw the fail nades... the chat box!

Seriously a fail nade comesalong just look at the chat box and you'll see there name.

Then you can go in, get their steam ID, write it down, then open an editor, edit the coding for the plugin you're going to make to include the Steam ID, save it, then re-upload it to the server FTP and change the map to refresh the plugin every time someone throws one of those nades. Then, you can deal with all the whiny bitches who "let their little brother/friend/cousin play on their account," "accidentally" threw it, or "promises they'll never do it again;" you can sort through their Steam IDs in the code, then save it and re-upload/ change the map to refresh the plugin.

Good luck with that.

I don't know why I need to keep repeating myself-- it's a bad idea (no offense to Madbagel), it's a huge waste of effort on something as trivial as this.

Perhaps we should remove guns too, they break cades and launch zombies when they're in the hands of idiots as well.

I have to agree with junzou, nades in the proper hands is a usefull wepon, but minjbags helps even out the teams.

Okay. First off. Most of the people posting their thoughts aren't on the sever ever. You must have forgoten that the sever has assholes that come in and purposely destroy cades with nades. saves 3 people. Kills 30

I play nearly daily and I agree there are times when it's a real issue. Those times are a minority, however, and nades ultimately make the rounds more dynamic and fun.

Sign in to follow this