Sign in to follow this  
Sooners

CTs must have mics...

CTs without mics are completely worthless, they freekill because they don't tell you what to do and they cant give you orders effectively. Admins should move CTs without mics to T, maybe do a mic check every few rounds and make them talk into it. Something should be done on this

Guest Waffle

I'd just be one of those quiet guards making sure no one makes a break for the armory :X.. I can't find my mic. :'(

Guest Fohacidal

All Ts need mics, thats the best counter for CTs without mics

I was playing on this server today and I got to say, it's true CT's w/o a mic are useless because intelligence can't be given among all the CT's about T's whereabouts at a moments notice.

Also, I'd like to point out that this server is very noob-unfriendly.

Not a noob at counter strike myself, but not used to the maps. I went through the server rules too.

But today, as CT with few people, mostly UV members. I ragequit because everyone was getting irritated at the new guy(me) to the map and who had a mic and didn't know where the unlock cells button was, but had a useless teammate(no_mic) who did and raged at me for not opening it.

To be honest, if no-one is willing to take CT (who has a mic) and rages that CT suck, think about getting a mic or joining CT 'coz you're part of the problem.

. I ragequit because everyone was getting irritated at the new guy(me) to the map and who had a mic and didn't know where the unlock cells button was, but had a useless teammate(no_mic) who did and raged at me for not opening it.

Sorry, SWAT. Luxury is a BITCH to play even with experience. When I first started JB at 187 a few months ago, I stayed T for the first 20 or so hours I played it.

T - Find a way to kill CTs

CT - Learn all the best spots to send Ts, learn to exact commands with no loopholes, learn WHERE to set up squadmates, specify the best weapons for the locations you send the CTs, make sure to send a pair (or single if one escapee) to find missing Ts, etc.

^ Is why we can't have nic- Actually, it's why getting into CT play is so damn complicated. Even if it gets boring, you learn more at the start playing T.

But, I digress. As for the mic issue, it's really REALLY annoying seeings 3 CTs with no mics against 8 Ts that are pro-rebels (heh "pro"). When I was playing with SWAT at luxury earlier, it was him, a UV that shall not be named that was messing around, and a major newbie. SWAT was the only (right?) one with a mic. Playing with people that don't have mics always gets you steamrolled, and playing with people that do not know how to use a mic gets you steamrolled.

TL;DR Playing T is easier. CT is complicated. CTs without mics are universally douchebags when they rage for losing.

EDIT: Maybe we could get Ponch to have a CT Training school or something. That way, the regs will become more fluid and we will always have competent CTs.

All Ts need mics, thats the best counter for CTs without mics

It's not going to happen.. It sucks. I want it to, but it won't.

"Stats don't lie." - Oreo

Bullshit. When I booted up my CSS, and went to all servers and clicked the players tab, 187ci's server was #1 with 50/50. Thats called success. If we want to be as successful, we need all talk, mods, and smart CTs, mic checks for SURE.

Why are you still raging about that?

41583147.jpg

Obviously the popularity of our JB has been fine, and hopefully it'll grow. Fuck, we don't even have a lot of maps or a LR script (yet). Once the server is released from its beta form, I'm sure it'll be successful.

How does T being muted cause a server to be terrible? I have no issue with it, nor should you.

I never said it was terrible. I enjoy it, trust me. It's more fun however if T's can talk, and if it is actually enforced instead of a free-talk fuckfest. Just because you don't have an issue, doesn't mean me or Foh don't.

I think Ts should have mics, we should wait until we can form a regular community before instituting the policy. That way the sheer peer pressure from regular players would limit mic spam.