Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

=(UV)= Weekly Digest vol. 1 [7.1.2009]

Hello, and welcome to the weekly Undead Vengeance Digest. The staff will be releasing these once a week (hopefully on Fridays from now on, but don't hold us to that). Digests are a way for us to let you guys know what we're talking about and what kind of direction we're trying to steer the clan towards. In addition, at the beginning of every month the Digest will also contain a breakdown of our monthly expenditures, and a timeline of the last month's expenditures compared to previous months'. Without further ado, here's this week's news:

Community:

Recruitment will re-open in one day. Howard will be away for the first couple of weeks in July, so JCS and Advisors will likely help Bagel if he gets swamped with applications. If you are looking to be a new recruit, you can apply here.

The Member of the Month for this period is Trubled. He's been selected for greatly assisting the Recruitment Officers with the compilation of the updated Member List, as well as helping Engineers test new scripts for the servers. He has won 2 months of free premium admin on all servers. Send him a quick message congratulating him!

The Bros. have purchased a server on our dedicated box for WCS Scrims-- they will be handling matchups, rules, and moderation of that server and their subforum. If you would like to register a team or want to give feedback, you can do so here.

Due to the actions of three of its members, the staff members have decided it's in the Community's best interest to issue a global forum/server ban to all members of the newly formed clan, Slap Happy Jackazz's {sHj}. Certain members of {sHj} have harassed clan and community members both in-server and in Steam/Xfire; harassment ranged from berating =(UV)= to attempts at recruiting current clan members. We have no problem if you're friends with anyone in {sHj}, but please respect the players and the server rules.

Servers:

Our new 40 slot Jailbreak server has opened for beta! Keep in mind, it IS still in beta, so we are in the process of adding and removing scripts, skins, and maps. The IP is 74.86.81.65:27015. You can read the server rules here, and give feedback here.

b_350x20_C446580-2F4659-FFFFFF-000000.png

All servers will be down tonight from 1:00 AM to 4:00 AM CST. We are downgrading the processor on our dedicated box to save money; we really don't need the processing power we have now. We will be purchasing a second dedicated box to run our TF2 servers off of when they open in the coming weeks. Eventually, our MW2 servers will be hosted on the same box when that game comes out.

As mentioned above, soon we will be opening up our TF2 servers. After we've moved Jailbreak out of beta, we will begin work on those servers.

As mentioned above, soon we will be opening up our TF2 servers. After we've moved Jailbreak out of beta, we will begin work on those servers.

Yay for TF2!

Grats Trubled on the MOTM.

Any way to figure out the entire sHj story? I'm just getting bits and pieces :-\

There really isn't a whole lot to it. Mindfreak and alainy decided to leave UV, and start Slap Happy Jackazz's (lol). They were banned for spamming our Ventrilo server, and trying to steal UV members from us. That's pretty much it. I find it ironic that Mindfreak so desperately tried to get an Advisor position, but when that doesn't happen he leaves and acts in a very immature manner, and turns against UV which he supposedly 'loved'.

Sorry if I got some of this wrong, this is just what I've gathered about the situation.

There really isn't a whole lot to it. Mindfreak and alainy decided to leave UV, and start Slap Happy Jackazz's (lol). They were banned for spamming our Ventrilo server, and trying to steal UV members from us. That's pretty much it. I find it ironic that Mindfreak so desperately tried to get an Advisor position, but when that doesn't happen he leaves and acts in a very immature manner, and turns against UV which he supposedly 'loved'.

Sorry if I got some of this wrong, this is just what I've gathered about the situation.

Ahaha, Fail.

Gratz Trubled.

Guest NeverEndingXsin

THIS WAS MY IDEA!!!!

and i basically named it :D

This is really cool. Congragulations Trubled, its good to see you in every new thread welcoming members to the forums. Keep at it!

THIS WAS MY IDEA!!!!

and i basically named it :D

...Coinstar told us to put out a weekly bulletin in Vent tonight around 7 PM, and around 8:00 this was good to go... I named it...

The straw that broke the camel's back was Trinh trolling the forums (leading to a 1 day ban) and then harassing three other members over Steam chat telling them how much we sucked and to join {sHj}.

Sign in to follow this