Sign in to follow this  
iyedol

Generating funds For UV

I have played on WCS1 for a while now and was wondering why UV does not have private races anymore. The reason I was told, "It's a possibility once we can get our server engineers back from school and dedicated to the server".

That is cool and everything but here goes my idea.

Right now we have a set amount of races on each server which are not private, let's keep it that way. I say UV create another set of races, let's say 10-15 and rent them for around 2-3 dollars per month (remember I said rent not sell). As time goes on, keep adding public and private races. This should keep the servers active.

If a player wants his own private race that he\she wants for themself, then that is $4 a month. Doing this should generate some more cash flow for UV.

This is just an idea.

Comments please.

"If a player wants his own private race that he\she wants for themself, then that is $4 a month."

I said nothing about that part. I am 100% against that part, though having a few standard private races that anybody can "rent" sounds like a good idea.

Agreed, selling races is quite a commitment in itself. Renting would solve a lot of problems as far as that goes, kind of like a subscription to a game you like.

-Audio

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ May 25 2009, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Agreed, selling races is quite a commitment in itself. Renting would solve a lot of problems as far as that goes, kind of like a subscription to a game you like.

-Audio

This could be a great idea. Any plans to enact it?

I quit server 1 due to the reason private races are ridiculously overpowered when it was implemented. Now I just can't seem to get myself to like server 1 much...

Private races really messed up the server.. alot of people quit and I think it caused a bit of server crashing.

Never did get a refund for my private race which never got made.. >.>

i like this idea, and it would be super cool if there was a perk in our rank system involving these rentable races, such as a discount to rent them or free alltogether.

Guest formerlyaeth

Let's make chronx chairman of JCS cause he donated $2,000...

Oh god that was a bad idea.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOSBrigade @ May 25 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I quit server 1 due to the reason private races are ridiculously overpowered when it was implemented. Now I just can't seem to get myself to like server 1 much...

THATS CAUSE UR ALWAYS PLAYING DOTA WITH ME AND ALWAYS MAKING US LOSE YOU NOOB.

I like the renting idea, but that just gives room for more people to complain that the private races are overpowered and it's unfair people get to use them (even if they are not overpowered).

Private races did not crash the server--poorly developed races did.

Develop the private for-rent races PROPERLY with DEBUGGING, and it should be golden.

New public races crash the server too, it is kind of RETARDED to say that private races crash the server.

know those sites where a ad pops up and you can redirect by clicking "skip ad" and stuff, we should have those or maybe some small popup add, not annoying ones though. Maybe we can make a few bucks. Some money is better than none :)

Sign in to follow this