Sign in to follow this  
Madbagel

My trip to a small abandoned water plant.

My latest Urbexing trip! This time I went to an abandoned water plant. It was a little scary since druggies and wannabe gang members hang out there, or so it seems. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

IMG_1487.JPG

Catacombs?

IMG_1488.JPG

Creepy entrance.

IMG_1489.JPG

Wanna take a nap?

IMG_1490.JPG

There's hardly any of this boiler left at all, it's been eaten away by rust.

IMG_1491.JPG

Pipes.

IMG_1492.JPG

The Crips.

IMG_1493.JPG

Pretty much all of the windows are boarded up.

IMG_1494.JPG

What's behind door #2?

IMG_1495.JPG

I think this used to be a restroom, maybe.

IMG_1496.JPG

Valves n' stuff.

(Continued in the next post.)

IMG_1498.JPG

Stay out.

IMG_1499.JPG

Forgot where I took this one. :P

IMG_1501.JPG

More pics of the catacombs, with a freaky slasher film through the window effect.

IMG_1502.JPG

A shadow?! By the way, that little square leads to a very dark pit, at least 10 feet deep, and there is no way out at all.. Not, you can get out, I think. I'll tell you when I go back.

IMG_1503.JPG

Levers!

IMG_1504.JPG

This place is trashed..

IMG_1505.JPG

Big pile of wood in the corner.

IMG_1506.JPG

Thought it looked nice.

IMG_1507.JPG

Catacombs that were on the left side of the building. There are two sets of them on each side (left and right).

IMG_1509.JPG

Another shot of the pipes.

The end, for now? (Apparently not!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bob da BEAR @ Mar 22 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Why is that written on the inside of the building?

That door leads to another place that you can only get to by going through that door, or jumping the fence, which is surprisingly hard because of all the vines and trees growing through it.

Here are 3 more pictures I forgot to upload.

IMG_1510.JPG

Another shot of the pit.

IMG_1511.JPG

The road to the left, which is blocked off by a gate at the entrance. By the way, that dirt pile at the bottom of the picture is a road barrier, it's about 3 and half feet high.

IMG_1512.JPG

The road to the left, which is blocked off by fallen tree branches.

lmao... the very last post... *blocked off by tree branches*... I don't think tree branches would stop a car :D and the dark pit with *no way out* LMAO I SAW A LADDER xD GG!!..btw loved the pictures. it felt like a escape the room flash game

edit__

oh lololol 4th picture! "chinese take-out" anyone? XD *the crips like to eat chicken...*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (napoodo @ Mar 22 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

lmao... the very last post... *blocked off by tree branches*... I don't think tree branches would stop a car :D and the dark pit with *no way out* LMAO I SAW A LADDER xD GG!!..btw loved the pictures. it felt like a escape the room flash game

I'll get pics of the branches, they're pretty big. Also, I guess I fail at the ladder, because I didn't notice that when I took the pics, I guess it's something the flash got afterwards. Thanks, now I have something else to check out when I go back. I'm also getting inside the water towers too! :o

EDIT: 3/23/2009

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Mar 23 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The forgotten picture!

IMG_1497.JPG

A shot of one of the sections of the roof, which is rotting very badly and falling in places.

Just a picture that needed to be rotated, I figured I'd do it today and complete the first set. No clue when I'm going back, but the train yard is definitely next, which I might hit up after school tomorrow.

http://www.undeadvengeance.com/forums/inde...st&p=197489

Guest NeverEndingXsin

thats actually pretty cool.

ive done things like that before just never thought to take pictures

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clay @ Mar 22 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Bagel, these made my day. I fucking love these!! Post moar!! Or, we should start an UrbEx community/link me to one.

Here. These guys really make doing this worth while for me. They have amazing pictures, it's unbelievable.

http://www.uer.ca/

They're very active too, at least 10 new topics each day for pictures alone.

Also, if you liked this Clay, you have megagasms over the two mills. I can't explain it, but it's very much like sex.

If my friends will stop getting beyond stoned before hand, we're going to explore an abandoned mall across the street from my friend's house. I can't wait to do it, but it's not going to happen if they keep getting messed up before we go! It always winds up being just me, sitting there watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force. >_>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clay @ Mar 22 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If my friends will stop getting beyond stoned before hand, we're going to explore an abandoned mall across the street from my friend's house. I can't wait to do it, but it's not going to happen if they keep getting messed up before we go! It always winds up being just me, sitting there watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force. >_>

Lol. Go by yourself, I used to be afraid to go by myself, but after this trip I figured it's not so bad, they pretty much only go to the mills when I suggest exploring, and I never have my camera at the time. BTW, there's a chance I could go back now, but I really don't know if I should..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Mar 22 2009, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Lol. Go by yourself, I used to be afraid to go by myself, but after this trip I figured it's not so bad, they pretty much only go to the mills when I suggest exploring, and I never have my camera at the time. BTW, there's a chance I could go back now, but I really don't know if I should..

See... the only problem is that I am breaking in to a building potentially full of hobos. By myself. I don't wanna wind up dead. Plus, if my one friend (who usually goes to bed first >:|) goes with me, I have a lot less to worry about with getting in, he's a bit of a musclehead. Plus, it'd be way cooler if he went, he said he really wanted to...

Yeah, I'm just making excuses. I'll keep that in mind. I just need him to get me a crowbar and flashlight before he goes to bed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltimateOreo @ Mar 22 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I love these pictures, but I wish they were higher resolution. There's something about them that just don't feel right, I fell they could be much better quality and achieve a much bigger effect.

I toned down the size and quality so it wouldn't kill the forums, the size of each uncompressed photo was at least 3 megs, it even went up to 5 for a few of them. I'll make a pack of all the high resolution photos tonight if you want.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wookie @ Mar 22 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

FUCKING COOL!

I wanted to explore the abandoned subways here in Rochester.

One of these days...

i heard somewhere that a lot of the subways/larger sewers in the jersey/nyc area actually house tons of abandoned cars from people who stole them, like it was where they stored the stuff they jacked

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Mar 22 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

i heard somewhere that a lot of the subways/larger sewers in the jersey/nyc area actually house tons of abandoned cars from people who stole them, like it was where they stored the stuff they jacked

Doesn't surprise me. I've heard the same thing, though it doesn't happen all that often.

OH MA GAWWD go down that tunnel with dur laddur for me!!! lmao take some pictures please =] you might even catch a ghost on the pictures haha jk but yeah take some pictures of the underground hole :D seems like the best place ;) if you find a hidden tunnel w/ treasure, make sure you share 10% with us haha

The forgotten picture!

IMG_1497.JPG

A shot of one of the sections of the roof, which is rotting very badly and falling in places.

Just a picture that needed to be rotated, I figured I'd do it today and complete the first set here. No clue when I'm going back, but the train yard is definitely next, which I might hit up after school tomorrow.

Also, you should show me some of your shots Coin, as far as I know you and me (and possibly Clay, soon!) are the only people here that do this. I love it, I can't wait until I get my license, that'd give me a lot more options as far as locations go.