Sign in to follow this  
BlackStone

I'm getting married

That's right, I'm getting married. I know you haven't known me very long, but here is the short version.

I'm Kevin, I am 19 years old, for most of my life, I was immature and childish, not caring about school, but somehow passing with As and Bs. Always playing games, staying up all night on CS and skipping school. Well, over the past year, I've learned a lot of things, and gained many more.

Over the past year, I graduated High School, I didn't want to honestly, I didn't want any of us to part, leaving High School... its not a fun thing, you spend all your time wanting to get out of there, move on and move out, and once I did.... I wanted to go back, right back in. To the structure that High School had given me... I didn't like the freedom I had. Let me back track a little though.

The final few weeks of school were heck tick, I had mono, my room flooded(water heater burst), and I met someone that changed my life. That someone, is my fiancee. We met in the most obscure, the weirdest place ever... Gaiaonline.com, in a BDSM thread(Long story short, I'm a Master, she's my sub, but that's a later on in the tale) because of something that happened to her, we ended up together. After only knowing her for maybe 2 weeks, I decided to be spontaneous and move out of my parents house in St. Charles Missouri(10-15 minutes from St. Louis), spend all my money, get on a train and move in with her. That could have turned out really badly, or really well.

It turned out well.

We spent the next few weeks being together, she'd go to work, and I'd be the lazy immature boy I still was at the time and stay home and play my games. O, and she was pregnant too. Than, Hurricane Ike happened, all hell broke loose, her workplace got totaled and she lost her job, which pushed me to get one. So, I went and found a job down at the International Longshoreman's Association, Chapter 24, or ILA24 for short. Working on the Houston Docks, the third largest dock in the US. I supported us, and I began to mature.

I kept working there, supporting us as best I could, getting any work I could, and just all over doing well for us. I matured, I wanted to provide for my girlfriend, and I wanted to make sure her child was going to be OK. Well, it turns out, that I wanted her to be more than just a girlfriend, I wanted to be more than just a male figure in that child's life. So, I asked her to marry me. At first, she just stood there, and I must say, those were the longest 5 seconds of my short life, than, she started to cry and said "yes." I can't believe how happy I was.

Well, things go on from there, we worked at it, kept working to be better off, and we are now. I have a steady job, my son is born healthy, and now I'm going to be married.... who would have thought, that in 1 short year, or really so far only 8 months, I would have gone from this immature kid who wanted nothing to do with most people and only wanted to play GW and CS:S to a Man, who wanted to provide for his wife and kid.

And that's why I have this song here, its "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney... its true what he says, life does go faster than you think... so yea... in the end. I found the most beautiful woman who makes me happy, a son to call mine and a place that I finally feel like I belong...

[ame=

]
[/ame]

When do we get the invites :P

you have to pay for my flight as i'm skint :D

j/k, congratz man, good for you.

Be weird having family on both sides then the whole of UV in the back looking on :P

Guest NeverEndingXsin

grats man!

i wish the best of luck to both of you